Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default The True Superman Arrives, Batman Faces Competition & More in DC Comics' June Releases

"DC Universe: Rebirth" promises a last-page surprise, Wonder Woman faces "unimaginable loss," Harley Quinn teams up with Harley Quinn, and more!

Full article here.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Titans also carries a spoiler warning not to read it before Rebirth #1.

True Superman my ass.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Spectacular Member
    Octavius Core...wishing the doors would open...

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    True Superman my ass.
    Say what you will, I love Superdad!

But I did enjoy reading the storyline of a depowered Superman. I like see the character closer to his initial powerset.

BANNED

lol at true superman claim. Im lookin forward to Tomasi and Gleason since i loved their B y R , but pre FP supes is as true as the new 52 one, both are rebooted versions

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

True Superman my ass.
    No shit. Wonder if Marvel has any books I'd be interested in these days. Anybody know if Old Man Logan is any good?

True Superman my ass.
    What you don't consider Pre New 52 Superman the true superman?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kanon the Sea Dragon View Post
    lol at true superman claim. Im lookin forward to Tomasi and Gleason since i loved their B y R , but pre FP supes is as true as the new 52 one, both are rebooted versions
    "True" is a terrible wording, but pre-52 Superman is the one we had for nearly 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MatchesMalone View Post
    Say what you will, I love Superdad!

But I did enjoy reading the storyline of a depowered Superman. I like see the character closer to his initial powerset.

Why? I don't get the appeal of a de-powered Superman. His powers are sort of the whole point of the character. If you don't like a guy who flies around in a costume, read something else. So far, that's all they seem to want to do with him is take his powers away. Superdad better watch his back, he may not get to keep them very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanon the Sea Dragon View Post
    Wow people that actually don't hate New 52 Superman I thought I was the only one who did't mind him.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    The "true" Superman could only jump an eighth of a mile, considered his own alter ego to be a coward, and had no problem killing dudes if he thought they were evil enough. No flight, no heat vision, barely any x-ray vision, and casually killed people. That's the one "true" Superman.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by icantstandthisindecision View Post
    "True" is a terrible wording, but pre-52 Superman is the one we had for nearly 30 years.
    Yeah, he's certainly got more claim to the title than the New 52 version.
    TeekVids <-- Check out the news every Sunday

Rebirth has me really pumped! I've felt kind of disenfranchised since Secret Wars ended and my Marvel pull has shrank considerably. This though, everything about Superman and other stuff has me really excited. I've only had a few DC books on my pull since New52, so this is great.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Not in the slightest. He's just as "real" as any other version, don't get me wrong, but he's no more the true Superman than the Superman they're ditching, or anything else that came prior to Superdad. And as long as they're on the Earth that the New 52 created, the New 52 Superman will always be the proper Superman of that world, no matter how they try and spin it. In fact this is just the perfect metaphor for how DC can't make a decision. They want an old Superman back, just five years removed from deciding they didn't want him anymore, but also want their new Earth. They have no clue what they're doing nor how to do it. At all. DC is like Peter in a cutaway from a recent Family Guy episode, where he spends years at a fast food restaurant trying to decide what side he wants, and after all that time, still can't decide.

Hell if they wanted the strongest stake to claim the true Superman as returning, it'd be Kal-L, the first.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    No shit. Wonder if Marvel has any books I'd be interested in these days. Anybody know if Old Man Logan is any good?
    My deal with Marvel is they do a lot of this alternate character stuff too. Way more than DC does. So that's always been a turn-off for me. I want to get back into Spider-Man, I've wanted to for a few years now, but I've been trying to wait out Slott's run and start out with someone's fresh vision, but it doesn't seem like he's going anywhere anytime soon. That said, Dead No More could lure me back considering who it is they bring back to life.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-29-2016 at 10:24 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Amazing Member

So let me see if I got this straight. Their solution to problems with 52 Superman.. who was younger, and they actively isolated him from Lois and family to make him a loner... is to replace him with pre flashpoint Superman who they made even older, still married an now raising a child. Polar opposite.. Because Superman with a son went over so, so well in Superman Returns... Once again a knee jerk reaction to the success of the Lois and Clark series and not really stopping to consider that people aren't reading that series for it's making Superman a family man, more so than simple dissatisfaction with the 52 version; Who we care about so little, many people just pined for the nostalgia of a better written character with a preserved history.. I know John's is smarter than this (and Lee should be but appears not to be) .. so I just can't fathom how these ideas get any real traction..