Super Moderator

Default "Batman v Superman" Earns $15m at Monday Box Office

"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice's" Monday box office has brought the film's domestic box office gross up to $181m overall.

Full article here.

Fantastic Member

Damn that's a big drop Deadpool pulled in $19 million on it's first Monday.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by kumagawa View Post
    Damn that's a big drop Deadpool pulled in $19 million on it's first Monday.
    I think based on this information we can say Deadpool is better than Avengers AoU, BvS and IM3.

Quote Originally Posted by eckesg1 View Post
    I think based on this information we can say Deadpool is better than Avengers AoU, BvS and IM3.
    Yeah I think it's more that people really liked Deadpool, and not that people really didn't like BvS. People are underestimating how much hype Deadpool had going in, and how much people liked it. The PR team for Deadpool deserves some medals for how hyped they got people, and the writers deserved props for making something truly fresh and new.

If only I could say the same about the BvS marketing.

Spectacular Member

Also, it was a holiday Monday in North America the weekend Deadpool debuted so that might give it a bump up. While it was Easter Monday yesterday, I do not think that its as widely considered as such.....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmen.../#2e9359e85f70

Quote Originally Posted by Forbes.com

Avengers dropped 66% on its first Monday ($18.8m) while Avengers: Age of Ultron fell 73% ($13.2m), and neither of those early May Mondays was during anything resembling a school vacation. Regarding live-action mega-hits that opened in March (obviously there are not a whole bunch of them), Alice in Wonderland dropped 71% on its first Monday ($9 million) while Oz: The Great and Powerful earned $6.322m (-71%) on its first Monday. 300 dropped a shockingly low 57% ($7.6m) back in 2007 while Watchmen fell 68% ($12.3m to $3.885m) during what turned out to be a brutally abbreviated run. That this dropped even less is unquestionably encouraging.

As you can see, the industry as a whole has become more frontloaded even to the tune of those Monday drops. The good news is that the Ben Affleck/Henry Cavill superhero sequel has already out-grossed the likes of Captain America: The First Avenger ($176 million) Men in Black 3 ($179m), X-Men Origins: Wolverine ($179.8m), Ant-Man ($181m), and Thor ($181.03m) . By today, it will presumably have out-grossed Batman Forever ($184m), Men in Black 2 ($190m), and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ($191m). It will presumably cross $200m domestic (and the likes Superman Returns, Amazing Spider-Man 2, and Batman Begins) on its sixth day and close out its first week with around $220m domestic.

And then we get to that all-important second weekend, but for today the news is good.

Amazing Member

can we please just get a ticker tape feed scrolling across the bottom of the screen that shows us minute-by-minute updates to the BvS box office already?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by St. August View Post
    can we please just get a ticker tape feed scrolling across the bottom of the screen that shows us minute-by-minute updates to the BvS box office already?
    Up to date: Including the domestic, the movie made $46m globally on Monday.

So after 4 days, it is at 468m

who goes to the movies on Monday? I have to work
    The J-man

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    who goes to the movies on Monday? I have to work
    It was Easter bank holiday for a lot of people.