Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default CBS still won't commit to another season of Supergirl

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/67...eries#/slide/1

Time to start worrying? SG was always an "odd duck" for CBS' audience demo and corporate direction.

From what little I've made myself watch this show it is a good show.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

the ratings aren't high enough. Unless it moves to a new network it's done. And I don't see another network taking it unless Netflix or Amazon works out some deal
    The J-man

Spectacular Member

Why can't Supergirl move to CW? All CW DC shows were renewed. Will Flash save Supergirl in the ratings Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by dcdrew View Post
    Why can't Supergirl move to CW? All CW DC shows were renewed. Will Flash save Supergirl in the ratings Monday?
    article you may find interesting

http://www.slashfilm.com/cw-passed-on-supergirl/

It's not as simple as just moving a show to another network. I mean it's possible, but CW already has established shows and time-slots. Super girls budget is probably a little higher than some of the CW shows. And I'm guessing there are some other politics going on internally.

I feel like if Supergirl was going to be on the CW it would have been initially. I don't see CW taking it now, but I could be wrong.
    The J-man

Fantastic Member

I thought they already renewed the series?

Quote Originally Posted by blaster86 View Post
    I thought they already renewed the series?
    no CBS announced it's renewals and Supergirl was left out, which is not the same as being cancelled, but doesn't bode well. The shows ratings aren't stellar but not so bad its un-renewable
    The J-man

BANNED

I've never watched Supergirl, but from what I can tell, it really REALLY wants to be a Superman show. I'm glad people enjoy it, but if the show continues, I'd definitely like it to stop ripping off Superman trademarks (racing the Flash, the Man who has Everything story, etc).

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I thought this show had been renewed. Oh well. I bet after the crossover with The Flash, CBS will renew Supergirl for season 2.

Gotham got renewed, and Gotham airs at the same time as SG. Do you think that's effecting SG's ratings?

Damn. I was really hoping it was safely renewed
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I've never watched Supergirl, but from what I can tell, it really REALLY wants to be a Superman show. I'm glad people enjoy it, but if the show continues, I'd definitely like it to stop ripping off Superman trademarks (racing the Flash, the Man who has Everything story, etc).
    you should probably watch the show before jumping to assumptions. It's a Supergirl show and its not trying to be anything else.
    The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    you should probably watch the show before jumping to assumptions. It's a Supergirl show and its not trying to be anything else.
    Two words: Black Mercy.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

This has been happening a lot though. A number of things tied to the Superman mythos, have found their way into other characters sandboxes. Cyborg Superman, Mongul, Black Mercy and Sun-Eater found their ways to the Green Lantern titles; Pre-New 52. Cyborg Superman, Kryptonite Man, several Superman story lines (for the SG tv show), Silver Banshee, Insect Queen and Superwoman, have all found their way in the Supergirl titles; Pre and Post New 52.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    This has been happening a lot though. A number of things tied to the Superman mythos, have found their way into other characters sandboxes. Cyborg Superman, Mongul, Black Mercy and Sun-Eater found their ways to the Green Lantern titles; Pre-New 52. Cyborg Superman, Kryptonite Man, several Superman story lines (for the SG tv show), Silver Banshee, Insect Queen and Superwoman, have all found their way in the Supergirl titles; Pre and Post New 52.
    I fully agree. Interesting how all these well liked aspects of Supermans mythos show up pretty much everywhere... except for actual Superman stories. And people wonder why the character is struggling, everything that made Superman enjoyable is seemingly off limits to the guy!

After a rocky start the show has been so enjoyable. If CBS cancels it after one season it would be ridiculous. They put it up against Gotham and Monday Night Football and can't figure out why they ratings aren't better. Freakin network execs.