Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Superman #50

Superman returns in all his glory in this very special issue that sees the Man of Steel back to full power as he faces his greatest enemy and also comes face to face with the pre-Flashpoint Kal-El! At last, it's the meeting of the Supermen you've been waiting for!

Full preview here.

Nice to see Porter get to draw the suit again. Beyond that, only other feeling I have unfortunately is that I'm disappointed this gets to be the overall conclusion to the story. Would have been better off letting Pak or Tomasi construct the complete ending. Hard to trust Yang with pretty much anything at this point.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

If Yang remains "true to himself"... probably my reaction to this issue will be...

I was wondering what issue it was when Superman will meet Superman.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Why do Superman fans get trolled so? Last issue of his run and finally Yang delivers a great issue. I was very pleasantly surprised.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

It's about time, it's really been a long drag since this all started.

7837ba6fadd41d4ff6ac3ac7147ebbbe2fe33387a6e6398576f9ccc9c4c59d70.jpg
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 03-16-2016 at 06:54 AM.

Shouldn't be surprised but no Wonder Woman in this issue. Very Yang.

BANNED

I prefer that he gave a conclusion to lois and clark, sure this arc was wrapped up too fast and without the development it should had.

other thing so lois doesn't a boyfriend anymore...
    Last edited by Tayswift; 03-16-2016 at 07:35 AM.

I liked the general Superman costume...that's it.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Like the wrestling issues, a lot of this felt more like he was aping Pak's style than his usual work, so this is, for a certain value of the term, better than most of his other material on the title. And Porter accidentally drew Superman without the high collar in one panel, which it turns out makes WAY more of a difference to his look than I thought, so that was nice. Mostly though, same disappointing crap as the rest of his time on here - he deserved a better opportunity for his work with the character, but even an editorial disaster like this deserved slightly more effort on his part to not so clearly be sleepwalking through it, if only because this means he'll never get a chance to work with the character in a context where his actual considerable talents might shine through. Though it was daring to end with his identity still exposed, assuming that's not just what Super League is there to take care of. And at least SM/WW seems to be reasonably dead and buried for the moment - having finally gotten around to reading the Soule and Tomasi stuff recently, I can say with confidence there very literally wasn't ever so much as a page where that worked.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    If Yang remains "true to himself"... probably my reaction to this issue will be...

I'm with you and Dwight Schrute on SUPERMAN #50 and Yang's run for a story that started off pretty well and petered out to less than mediocre.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    I'm with you and Dwight Schrute on SUPERMAN #50 and Yang's run for a story that started off pretty well and petered out to less than mediocre.
    IDK, but to me it would seem that like the readers, even the writers started feeling tired of writing the Truth material after so long....

Any spoilers on how the meeting between the Kal-Els occurs?

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrjames21 View Post
    Any spoilers on how the meeting between the Kal-Els occurs?
    Didn't happen, was pushed into Super League.
    Buh-bye

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

IMO, it was Yang's best issue. I'm still disappointed that the secret identity exposure is treated with such superficialities as if it wasn't a big deal.

Clark as a kid in the flashback reminded me a little bit Alfred E. Neuman.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-16-2016 at 12:11 PM.