Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445 LastLast

Oh when I say destroy him I don't mean that they'll cease publication of him. I just mean that incarnations like the Injustice Superman are going to be seen as a defacto truth of what Superman is because a bad movie shows it that way. And perceptions can take a long time to change. Snyder looks like he's going to be taking an idea from the imaginary story concept, which on its face is based on the idea of making familiar characters unfamiliar, and turn it into genuine canon. In other words the purposely unfamiliar will turn into the familiar. Superman will become that mentally unhinged individual who cannot function in daily life without his girlfriend and if he loses her, loses his mind.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-23-2016 at 08:59 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Oh when I say destroy him I don't mean that they'll cease publication of him. I just mean that incarnations like the Injustice Superman are going to be seen as a defacto truth of what Superman is because a bad movie shows it that way. And perceptions can take a long time to change. Snyder looks like he's going to be taking an idea from the imaginary story concept, which on its face is based on the idea of making familiar characters unfamiliar, and turn it into genuine canon. In other words the purposely unfamiliar will turn into the familiar. Superman will become that mentally unhinged individual who cannot function in daily life without his girlfriend and if he loses her, loses his mind.
    I'm actually having fears of this, as well. I REALLY hope that isn't the direction they're going and Snyder is taking in some of the criticism he's getting in regards to Superman. I actually really like Man of Steel. Seemed like a good start for a young Superman. Then BvS happened... The movie was ok. I liked it and some parts I really enjoyed... but they were never Superman parts except, maybe, the fight but that really can't be counted as a Superman part. In the very least, let this dude talk and act more. Cavill is a good acotr so that means Snyder is just under using him.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    I could be wrong, though. Captain Marvel was pretty popular at one time, and is temporarily without a book, but he had one until recently, and it sounds like they have plans for him in the future.
    You're not wrong. I've read he was outselling Superman in the 1940s and was the top selling superhero for some if not all of that time which is why DC went after Fawcette with the lawsuit that CM was a copy of Superman. Nevermind the fact that CM was magical based and Superman was science-fiction based. But they kept the suit going until Fawcette ceased publishing CM. Then licensed the character in the 70s and then buying him in the eighties or nineties.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I'm actually having fears of this, as well. I REALLY hope that isn't the direction they're going and Snyder is taking in some of the criticism he's getting in regards to Superman. I actually really like Man of Steel. Seemed like a good start for a young Superman. Then BvS happened... The movie was ok. I liked it and some parts I really enjoyed... but they were never Superman parts except, maybe, the fight but that really can't be counted as a Superman part. In the very least, let this dude talk and act more. Cavill is a good acotr so that means Snyder is just under using him.
    Same feeling. Enjoyed MOS. For the most part think BvS is pretty good if not all it could have been with better direction, but standing alone alright. Its the insinuations for the direction going forward for Superman that has me very concerned.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Definitely, just making the scenes have more substance would make Cavill's Superman look better. IDK, but I had the feeling that they should have skipped Batman's origin story (worst portrayal I have seen in a movie.) and focused on the main plot.

BANNED

Injustice Superman killed his own wife, pregnant of his child, there were pretty good reasons for him freak out.
    And i'm pretty sure Lois won't die and superman won't go berseck because of it

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    Injustice Superman killed his own wife, pregnant of his child, there were pretty good reasons for him freak out.
    And i'm pretty sure Lois won't die and superman won't go berseck because of it
    It is called they make Superman the one who does the heel face turn, and make him the scapegoat in these Alternate Universe scenarios for having trash dumped on him. I don't care for it. Maybe it is my Superman fanboy calling, but make some other her do the stupid heel face turn or fall for some stupid trick. There's a big contrast to telling Manchester Black that I'LL never stop versus save her or I will lose my marbles. It was a poorly executed and unnecessary plot device to make Superman look like a liability to Batman. I would have liked a vision talking to Batman about how he and this Wonder Woman need to establish the JLA or Darkseid screws the planet.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 04-24-2016 at 01:50 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    It is called they make Superman the one who does the heel face turn, and make him the scapegoat in these Alternate Universe scenarios for having trash dumped on him. I don't care for it. Maybe it is my Superman fanboy calling, but make some other her do the stupid heel face turn or fall for some stupid trick. There's a big contrast to telling Manchester Black that I'LL never stop versus save her or I will lose my marbles. It was a poorly executed and unnecessary plot device to make Superman look like a liability to Batman. I would have liked a vision talking to Batman about how he and this Wonder Woman need to establish the JLA or Darkseid screws the planet.
    I think the movie had enough visions haha

Superman is the characer to be turned into a evil being because he probably is th emost interesting and the biggest What If? the company just wanted a rad game with superman full facist against batman. Kid of sad thinking about it now

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

If I may switch to some negativity again though, I have a sinking suspicion its not going to matter if its Superdad solo, or Superman solo, or both Supermen co-existing. Because I'm terrified that the Justice League movie is going to completely destroy Superman in the public's consciousness. DC's comics division has been pretty inept with him for years, by what Snyder is going to do is just going to go above and beyond it seems.
    I understand. But I cannot allow myself to have that thought. In my mind that scene in BvS is nothing more than a possible future. And since Barry gave the warning, well...

Now the comics division is another thing. Man, it's so infuriating some times.

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    I understand. But I cannot allow myself to have that thought. In my mind that scene in BvS is nothing more than a possible future. And since Barry gave the warning, well...

Now the comics division is another thing. Man, it's so infuriating some times.
    I get the feeling that DC wants to sell both ways if they can.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Same here. Like quite a few of our fellow posters have said, they want to have their cake and eat it too. Unfortunately for them, the movieverse is only one.

Reading on some comments from Reddit for BvS, did Luthor seriously used bullets for his mercs to use, special bullets that didn't do anything, bullets that could easily be used to track it back to him? Instead, of your run-of-mill black market bullets sold there? Ones you can't track back to a SPECIFIC source. I am supposed to believe that the guy was a mad genius?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    Reading on some comments from Reddit for BvS, did Luthor seriously used bullets for his mercs to use, special bullets that didn't do anything, bullets that could easily be used to track it back to him? Instead, of your run-of-mill black market bullets sold there? Ones you can't track back to a SPECIFIC source. I am supposed to believe that the guy was a mad genius?
    The bullet was used to give something to investigate to Lois Lane during the movie. Lex Luthor is a genius who has thought a way of not wasting the money spent by WB to pay Amy Adams.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-27-2016 at 10:59 AM.

Hello, I'm glad to see the support that I see here to the Current superman..

I also canceled .. I do not want to see her fall in rebirth, either his substitute..either finish his serie..

They have finished my reasons for supporting pre-flashpoint characters.. I find something good also to continue with Superman/Wonder Woman.. Repeat the same couple looked silly... Each of the fans had something he wanted.. until now..

FOR NOW.. They have destroyed with superman that saw the rebirth as something good, I liked to see Nightwing and Raven as they should be for example. But he has destroyed what I could do well in a rebirth.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-05-2016 at 01:35 AM.

Soooooooooo, now that the whole planned plot outline for Justice League and Justice League 2 is known, do yhe New 52 Superman fans ....want that?