Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Well, I‘ve mentioned I‘m a Marvel fan mostly but still a fan of DC concerning my personal "big three", Superman, Wonder Woman and three Justice League...I have all the run of Justice League and Wonder Woman since the reboot in the mid 1980s....I couldn't‘ go with de-powered Superman so didn't keep up with the John Byrne reset....

I'm sad to lose Nu52 Superman, I gladly jumped on board and was happy to get in on collecting a run of Action Comics in particular, and I loved the SM-WW scenario, always have loved the idea of them together....all gone gone for me now....

I agree with Sacred Knight, I feel the same...but I'll see Nu52 Superman line through, and get the Rebirth stuff, just to have it blasted into my eyes what DC are really going to do with 52 Supes.....and then I won‘t go with the PF Supes/Superman/LoisLane scenario....

Contradictorily, as a Spider-fan, if Marvel did similar to DC on Supes and brought back Mrs Parker and their child, I would be happy, but I'm not in favour of Supes being Superman, I see him as an ultimate, a high ideal, a world saver, him in too much of a domestic setting is not my preference....of course he and Lois together is the classic pairing, and good luck to those who welcome the return of this scenario, but I,ll move on..

I‘be had the feeling for a long time that DC have not been sure what to do with Superman, this hasn't changed as of this latest initiative....

Sad to say, I‘m not a fan of Bats but his books are looking interesting, from the creative teams assigned....I'm glad WW is looking good too even if she suffers "a horrible loss", Don‘t know what to do about Justice League yet post Rebirth....I think I'll try Green Arrow...

Cheers

Jon
    Amen, Marvel should bring back MC2 with May Parker. I also will mention that the Elseworlds/non canon suggestions have been bumped.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will J. View Post
    Well, I want to apologize here, which is also why I edited my post, because you really didn't say anything that pissed me off. I was mainly venting my frustration, though I stand by everything I said in my post, and yours unfortunately was the one that set me off. And I apologize for suggesting the only reason you wanted n52 back was for Lois and Clark,

So again, I am sorry for that.

Secondly, you are FAR, FAR from the worst example of an entitled fan that I've come across(and I mean across all fandoms, not just Lois and Clark's), so even if you weren't serious with that 'sorry' bit, it wouldn't have been necessary.

My main problem is with DC itself, which has the means to reach a wide variety of fandoms with their Multiverse concept and the weekly format they've successfully employed in recent years, and they choose instead to, whether unknowingly or otherwise, divide the fanbase X.

And I can't accept that anymore.
    I understand. And yes, I was truly apologizing! (I reread my post and it did look like it could be sarcasm; the internet is not great for tone sometimes) Someone quoted the unedited angrier post so thanks for being nicer. I feel like there's things in comics that are always going to divide the fandom (the Wally/Barry Flash debate is another example), but DC definitely could manage it better.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by calypsocoin View Post
    I understand. And yes, I was truly apologizing! (I reread my post and it did look like it could be sarcasm; the internet is not great for tone sometimes) Someone quoted the unedited angrier post so thanks for being nicer. I feel like there's things in comics that are always going to divide the fandom (the Wally/Barry Flash debate is another example), but DC definitely could manage it better.
    Absolutely, and while I don't think it was necessary, I appreciate the apology.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    You can always do what pre-Flashpoint Superman fans did after The New 52 started up:

(1) Listen to people tell you "you're just old and you hate change!" and "hey, nobody's talking away your New 52 comic-book collection; those stories are still there!"
    (2) Complain.
    This,bingo.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    This,bingo.
    Yes Darkseidpwns, that will certainly save us having to go through the next cackarsed reboot of Superman 2-5 years down the line!

Jon

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

You can always do what pre-Flashpoint Superman fans did after The New 52 started up:

(1) Listen to people tell you "you're just old and you hate change!" and "hey, nobody's talking away your New 52 comic-book collection; those stories are still there!"
    (2) Complain.
    Best response in CBR history (aside from all of my own).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Spectacular Member

Ok yeah after spending enough time looking at the art for superboy....I can get on board with Superboy, the biological son of Superman.

Which means I am only boycotting Action Comics which just means I actually get to read The Flash or Green Lanters (does anyone know anything about Sam Humphries? I like Jessica from Justice League but that creative team sounds like a bunch of nobodies)

Here's my plan - try all Superman-related Rebirth specials and first issues, see if I enjoy them and decide if I want to continue.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by calypsocoin View Post
    Yes, by all means, let's support the continual preference and special treatment given to the Batman universe; I'm sure that will definitely convince DC to put in more effort and attention to the Superman titles and Superman fans. *rolls eyes* The problem isn't that the Bat titles have better editors/writers, it's that top-level DC management is so clearly valuing Batman and family over Superman that they make poor decisions concerning him with little regard to the fans or the legacy of the character.

Ok, but there are also Clark/Lois fans who are fans of n52 Superman and want to see n52 Clark develop a relationship with Lois, especially since recent issues of Superman/Action comics seemed very hopeful for this relationship. As well as n52 Superman's friendship with Jimmy Olsen.
    The Batman line is the only line they have consistently handled with competence. Why buy bad comics? That's always been my thing. For my part, I legitimately enjoyed Truth, art issues aside, I enjoyed lobdell Superman, mainly because of Rocafort art, his handling of Cat Grant turning her into a sympathetic character and the way he drew diana in her civvies being...so great, I loved the couple issues of Superman Jurgens did (LucyxClark was cute), and even the somewhat less inspired Perez run on the title. If I hadn't I wouldn't have read them.

If they're going to handle the Superman line with incompetence and make the boring Lois and Clark story the main story, well then theyll have lost my Action Comics subscription.

And yes i agree so much, this particular Jimmy/Clark friendship has been great and really the supporting cast that Pak built up was pretty unique with the Underground allies, Lana and Steel, Jimmy, Wonder Woman even the hacker girl that Yang introduced was pretty cool. I mean it was a pretty great supporting cast even if it only bears a slight resemblence to the classic. I just hope that all of what Pak/Johns/Yang built isnt flushed by Tomasi and Jurgens in favor of a more "classic" orientation but that's my biggest fear.

Quote Originally Posted by gtomanga View Post
    Didn't they say it's not a reboot?
    They always say it's not a reboot because they thing the word is PR poison. That doesn't stop them from doing things that, in some aspects, have the same effect as a reboot.

We don't have fixed definitions for these words anyway.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

They always say it's not a reboot because they thing the word is PR poison. That doesn't stop them from doing things that, in some aspects, have the same effect as a reboot.

We don't have fixed definitions for these words anyway.
    Well, if they are going to restart the story, then tell me straight up. I liked New 52, but I still would have liked it anyways, probably more if they just told me it's Superman but with his story reset, and a younger guy who hasn't owned his rogues gallery yet among other things.

Fantastic Member

I'm starting to believe superman is a broken character.

Quote Originally Posted by blaster86 View Post
    I'm starting to believe superman is a broken character.
    DC certainly treats him like one.

Quote Originally Posted by edwardsdv View Post
    Ok yeah after spending enough time looking at the art for superboy....I can get on board with Superboy, the biological son of Superman.
    It's funny, the Super Sons book is the one I will absolutely not be reading or subscribing to under any circumstances. I have no interest whatsoever in pre-teen children fighting monsters, aliens, and armed criminals. Superman encouraging or allowing his son to go in that direction at such a young age is bad parenting to the point where people ought to be calling child protective services within that fictional world (I don't know what CPS person would be able to take on Superman, but you know what I'm saying...). It hurts the Superman character, who has always tried to protect children and keep them safe. It's also just a book I'd have no interest in reading even if it were perfectly good parenting. I just don't want to read about the adventures of kids. No interest.

I might come around on some of the other books, but not that one. That's a definite no way for me. My prediction is that it'll be a "critically acclaimed" book with very loud supporters, but that it'll sell like **** and they'll have to can it within a year or two of it's debut, unless Geoff Johns is allowed to have "pet books" that he just keeps around regardless of sales because he likes them. A few people will very vocally support it, but the majority of people will quietly not buy it.
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 03-30-2016 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    It's funny, the Super Sons book is the one I will absolutely not be reading or subscribing to under any circumstances. I have no interest whatsoever in pre-teen children fighting monsters, aliens, and armed criminals. Superman encouraging or allowing his son to go in that direction at such a young age is bad parenting to the point where people ought to be calling child protective services within that fictional world (I don't know what CPS person would be able to take on Superman, but you know what I'm saying...). It hurts the Superman character, who has always tried to protect children and keep them safe. It's also just a book I'd have no interest in reading even if it were perfectly good parenting. I just don't want to read about the adventures of kids. No interest.

I might come around on some of the other books, but not that one. That's a definite no way for me. My prediction is that it'll be a "critically acclaimed" book with very loud supporters, but that it'll sell like **** and they'll have to can it within a year or two of it's debut, unless Geoff Johns is allowed to have "pet books" that he just keeps around regardless of sales because he likes them. A few people will very vocally support it, but the majority of people will quietly not buy it.
    If they took the gritty nature off of it, and made it campy like the Disney flick The Incredibles, but knowing DC and comics in general, I don't know. I don't see Superman trying to raise a child like Damian Wayne.