Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    me too. not more dark superman

that seems alright to me, WW is a feminist icon not superman girlfriend.
    It's really really lame that Lois just exists to be his girlfriend. Much rather prefer someone who was their own person which Lois just nevr ever can be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by edwardsdv View Post
    It's really really lame that Lois just exists to be his girlfriend. Much rather prefer someone who was their own person which Lois just nevr ever can be.
    she is his wife! uhuuuuuuuuuuuu

she was creted to be superman partner and superman was created to be Lois partner this is why they work so well together. she is more than superman girlfriend, there is a article about it

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Or how about just have multiple relationships for the Superman altogether? That's realistic that someone has multiple people that they go out on dates with before they settle down. Look, maybe people can just settle down with the fact that he ends up with Lois at some point while others have some fun with the character for a while. I don't see a problem with the fact that Superman has human behavioral tendencies. As for Lois, they just don't have to write her out as a fangirl, and they can do fun stuff even if they are not married at all.

Just like anything else, I'm going to try the new books and see if I like them. I've read dozens of versions of Superman, from all eras. So I'll give this one a shot too. If I don't like the books, I drop them. Though I'm a die hard Superman fan, so I'll at least give them a chance. Perhaps it's a little easier for me, as the version they are bringing back is the version that I became a regular reader with. Though I like Nu52 Superman a lot too. They did some really interesting things with Nu52 Superman, like restoring some of his Golden Age sensibilities. I'd hate to see that version disappear entirely. I'd never site here and say Superdad was all bad or Nu52 Superman was all bad. They weren't. They both have some really interesting stories. It strikes more as strange that they would bring back a previous version. Hey, I'll try it though.

she was creted to be superman partner and superman was created to be Lois partner this is why they work so well together. she is more than superman girlfriend, there is a article about it
    We agree. I think it's kinda sad that people reading about the more modern marginalized Lois thinks her only purpose is that of girlfriend. Shes actually one of the greatest female characters of all time despite not being able to throw a tank.

Some think that because for a good long while she functioned as only his wife. The marriage needed to be dissolved as much, if not more so, for her sake than for Superman's.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Spectacular Member

And that. is. lame. It just is. Its a relic of a bygone era and it should be thrown out with the Red Trunks and the spit curl. They aren't forcing Barry/Iris or Hal/Carol or even Bruce/Selina, which is it only Superman who HAS to end up with Lois? It sucks and frankly all of the good ideas for them as a couple have come and gone.

I think Tay's point was that shes his partner in reporting as well as a romantic interest. I won't even put the qualifier of woman on it, shes one of the best fictional characters. Strong, independent, smart, tough, caring, tenacious, loyal are all words that come to mind when I think to describe Lois Lane the award wining journalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I think Tay's point was that shes his partner in reporting as well as a romantic interest. I won't even put the qualifier of woman on it, shes one of the best fictional characters. Strong, independent, smart, tough, caring, tenacious, loyal are all words that come to mind when I think to describe Lois Lane the award wining journalist.
    Well, there aren't too many that share that view. If there were she would've been headlining her own series by now. DC have tried that before and it's bombed (remember the LL one shot that was promised to get an ongoing if it was well received? Remember how the Lois & Clark mini series by Jurgens was originally an ongoing then was cut to 12 issues then was cut to 8 issues?) She's nothing more than a supporting character whose entire plot devices have long since been recycled to the point of sheer stagnation and redundancy. That's the hard truth of it.
    Last edited by friendly-fire-press; 03-31-2016 at 04:48 PM.

All-New Member

No more SMWW? The "Superman" from the book title that hasn't been selling as well as SMWW now headlines the main titles? Nope, no thank you.

Also, in the way that the New 52 SM and the SMWW title encouraged me to buy other titles that I didn't have a direct interest in, I am not going to buy any other titles from DC due to Rebirth. Sorry, but if you're not courageous enough to support me, I feel in no way obligated to support you. Let me know when (if) you come to your senses. =\

The mini series was cut from 12 issues to 8 for rebirth, I'd think that would be obvious at this point. If you just read new Superman I get it. She hasn't been herself in years.

I don't think we New 52 fans might be missing out that much.

http://www.newsarama.com/28639-actio...-superman.html

Yep. Doomsday. Now I thought our younger Superman dealt with this already in Doomed and even Jurgens own precious one several times in his own world...didn't know meat and potatoes fans wanted it again. Buy hey lather , rinse, repeat...it seems. He should be glad Geoff Johns sending SuperLex his way. Someting different in amid the retro-ness.

Yep, I think DC making it easy for the new 52 fans to not feel they missing out if this is the way things starting off.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by friendly-fire-press View Post
    Well, there aren't too many that share that view. If there were she would've been headlining her own series by now. DC have tried that before and it's bombed (remember the LL one shot that was promised to get an ongoing if it was well received? Remember how the Lois & Clark mini series by Jurgens was originally an ongoing then was cut to 12 issues then was cut to 8 issues?) She's nothing more than a supporting character whose entire plot devices have long since been recycled to the point of sheer stagnation and redundancy. That's the hard truth of it.
    It was not really an attempt. It was a one shot by a new writer. An ongoing with a big name like Snyder or Morrison, or Johns might sell. Lois Lane and the Resistance sold well and the Lois Lane books sell well too.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dangleo61288 View Post
    It was not really an attempt. It was a one shot by a new writer. An ongoing with a big name like Snyder or Morrison, or Johns might sell. Lois Lane and the Resistance sold well and the Lois Lane books sell well too.
    Anything by those writers would sell.

DC's problem is putting A writers on D characters instead onto B characters where there is headway to be made. If a Lois book written by like, Jeff Parker or Ann Nocenti wouldn't sell 30K then its not worth doing period, really.

Fantastic Member

Anything by those writers would sell.

DC's problem is putting A writers on D characters instead onto B characters where there is headway to be made. If a Lois book written by like, Jeff Parker or Ann Nocenti wouldn't sell 30K then its not worth doing period, really.
    Dude she is a fictional character. She can be anything. She be reinvented and can be a best seller. And funny thing is that this hated for Lois will eventual exist for Diana.
    Last edited by dangleo61288; 03-31-2016 at 05:27 PM.