Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Following this: I miss the days when Wolverine's healing factor wasn't ridiculously overpowered. One of the qualities that I used to like about the guy was that he would put himself in harm's way for his teammates not knowing that he would survive, only that he had the best chance of it. The self-sacrificial quality kind of gets stripped out when you know you can regenerate from a skeleton.

Oh here here on that. I'll add to that when he was vulnerable to fire and could bleed to death imagine that!

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I miss Gambit being written as Gambit and not some wimpering, screw up, punching bag for who ever is the current writers pet. The man came in and maintained a healthy rivalry with the likes of Wolverine and Bishop. His cards were routinely considered to be grenades. Now they are like fire crackers. I miss the fun too. And not crazy weird looking student Disney-like mayhem. But the current climate doesnt support such a thing. I also miss team training. How many splash pages did we grow up with of them in the Danger Room? I miss the family aspect of the X-Men as a whole.
    Also whole hardily agree. Gambit used to be my favorite character but they butchered him so bad that I just gravitated to Wolverine. He just never recovered from getting left out of the X-men movie which I think was the start of his marginalization.

Nice post Ricochet Rita!

I really miss verbose 90s Beast too. I wonder if he'll ever go back to being something of what he was, before his downward slope.

I miss Jubilee and Dani Moonstar having mutant powers.

I miss Stevie Hunter being in comics too! I miss Tom Corsi and Sharon Friedlander too (well she might still be dead but whatever) And whatever happened to that human anchorman and woman from the 80s? Neal Conan I think? Can't remember the girl.

BANNED

Storm / Polaris / Havok Triangle

Exquisite!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Puffing on cigars.

Spectacular Member

I thought the Ultimate universe's X-Men Spider-Man meet up was really cool. It went down the drain, but the Peter Parker/Kitty Pryde relationship was something that was really cool to me because it was so much different than anything else I'd seen at the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post

During the Outback days, Jubes used to run around stealing everybodies shit, even Storms Capes, Betsy's surplus armour pieces etc. Lil Klepto.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Nice post Ricochet Rita!
    Thanks!

And whatever happened to that human anchorman and woman from the 80s? Neal Conan I think? Can't remember the girl.
    Manoli . Marvel Wikia states that she was first introduced during the incident at Eagle Plaza, but truth is she did a previous (and great) cameo in Slumber Party. I guess she was just an apprentice with Neal.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Storm / Polaris / Havok Triangle
    In terms of powers, I suppose?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    During the Outback days, Jubes used to run around stealing everybodies shit, even Storms Capes, Betsy's surplus armour pieces etc. Lil Klepto.
    Yes, I think it's the only thing I liked about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Berto flirting and playing videogames
    And football, of course.

I TERRIBLY miss Kurt and Kitty being the dream team, the best (and sole?) guy/gal no romantic friendship in comic-books, understanding each other almost without talking, working and joking and feeling comfortable together, like siblings who wouldn't quarrel (rather cousins, better?). It was simply delightful seeing both of them. How come that nowadays they barely mention each other? It just makes no sense.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post

I think people sometimes forget that Jubilee started out as this kind of odd combination of street urchin and valley girl. Probably because once you put a self-taught thief like Jubilee next to someone like Gambit or Storm who were trained for it, it doesn't seem all that impressive. But really, the takeaway should be that Jubilee has an uncanny knack for improvisation. She should be able to get herself in and out of tough situations with a surprising level of capability even without any sort of plan.

Fantastic Member

Nice post Ricochet Rita!
    And whatever happened to that human anchorman and woman from the 80s? Neal Conan I think? Can't remember the girl.
    I remember turning on NPR at one point in the early 00's and hearing Neal Conan doing "Talk of the Nation", then trying to figure out where I'd heard that name before.

I think Singer missed a chance at an awesome easter egg by not having a radio report with Neal in one of the movies.

I miss my favorite character exhibiting wisdom and passion, and being able to talk without using his fists.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Thanks!

Manoli . Marvel Wikia states that she was first introduced during the incident at Eagle Plaza, but truth is she did a previous (and great) cameo in Slumber Party. I guess she was just an apprentice with Neal.

Yes! Excellent! Thanks!

Poor Amara, being thrust into a new culture trying to blend in. I did like her struggle with that.

I miss when Nightcrawler's adventures had better-than-even odds of him winding up in a compromising position with a beautiful woman instead of wrung out and mangling Bible verses.

Last edited by Anduinel; 04-01-2016 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I miss when Nightcrawler's adventures had better-than-even odds of him winding up in a compromising position with a beautiful woman instead of wrung out and mangling Bible verses.
    Amen. 0:-)