Default Comicsalliance: 5 Best Wonder Woman Stories

Comicsalliance gives it's opinion on the top 5 best stories starring Diana.

Personally, I'd have put Eyes of the Gorgon and The Circle as one and two respectively, but hey, at least they were included.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 03-30-2016 at 02:52 AM.

BANNED

On the face of it, I probably wouldn't have included the Diana as Ms. Peel era... partially because to me it's an era and not a coherent story and partially because I just dont like the idea of jettisoning the superpowers and mythical connections.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    On the face of it, I probably wouldn't have included the Diana as Ms. Peel era... partially because to me it's an era and not a coherent story and partially because I just dont like the idea of jettisoning the superpowers and mythical connections.
    It is a bit weird that it's included, and at the #2 spot on top of that. And one of their selling points for The Circle is the gorilla warriors? Oye, I just can't take that list seriously.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Can someone list out the stories they are referring to. I cannot view the video and won't be able to till this evening. Thanks
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

One of my favorites was the first 'Legend Of Wonder Woman' miniseries (by Kurt 'Kingdom Come' Busiek) that pitted her against Atomia, who did the slinky evil queen thing, infinitely better than post-Perez Circe. I would include the Sekowsy Mod Era battles with Cyber and with pre-porkchop-god, First Born, with the magical dragon armor, ..when he was basically Diana's Kurgan.

Anything, where Diana is gathering a posse and going on adventures, the way she did in the Golden Age...that's Wonder Woman. More Flash Gordon, and less Aragorn-Xena would be welcome.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-31-2016 at 08:03 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Aegis View Post
    Can someone list out the stories they are referring to. I cannot view the video and won't be able to till this evening. Thanks
    The Circle
    Eyes of the Gorgon
    Challenge of the Gods
    Wrath of Dr. Cyber (Powerless/Mod era)
    Marston Era (they kind of lumped this all into one arc)

Mighty Member

if they were gonna include golden age they definitely should have specified issue 28 imho. not to bring down the mood of the forum but its cited as Marston's last comic and it definitely read like he knew this would be his last comic so he wanted to touch all basis of what the character was meant to be and introduced a pretty new concept of a team of villains that i dont think had been done before that(might have been but its still an early version of that trope if it was done before this)

Idk what id have on my list but issue 28 would be there( i might lump a few golden age issues all together issue 28, 1, and 3). The Circle would definitely be in there and maybe Gods and Mortals but its been a while since ive read that.