Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Submit Your X-Position Questions for Jeff Lemire

Jeff Lemire is the next guest for X-Position and CBR wants your questions for the "Extraordinary X-Men" and "Old Man Logan" writer.

Full article here.

BANNED

I didnt understand really well Sapna, the indian girl, powers, what is the difference between her and Cypher ( douglas Ramsey ) ? also talking about Cypher, wouldnt this be a good time to bring him to the JGS and teach her how to use her power ? also an encounter between 2 former new mutants students would be nice.

Mr lemire any chances of seeing some of wolverine's old friends showing up like tyger tiger, archie corringan, o'donnel, alpha flight or team x members like maverick in old man logan?

Mutant and Proud Uncanny Madman's Avatar

Hello! Yours and Mr Bunn's X-books are the first comics I've actively bought and followed after a five year break - I'm enjoying the ride so far!

What is it about the X-kids you chose - Glob, Ernst, Martha, Anole - that made them the right characters for this story? And what was the thought process behind their adult transformations?

I'm very intrigued by the changes they've undergone (great designs by Humberto Ramos - who'd have thought Ernst could look cool!) and what this means for them going forward - might we see Anole become a love interest for Iceman?!
    Last edited by Uncanny Madman; 03-30-2016 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Madman View Post
    I'm very intrigued by the changes they've undergone (great designs by Humberto Ramos - who'd have thought Ernst could look cool!) and what this means for them going forward - might we see Anole become a love interest for Iceman?!
    Ah, yes. The exceptionally awkward elephant in the room...

Mutant and Proud Uncanny Madman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Ah, yes. The exceptionally awkward elephant in the room...
    I mean, I guess it depends on how many years the kids have aged by. It'd still be sorta weird, but xD

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Madman View Post
    I mean, I guess it depends on how many years the kids have aged by. It'd still be sorta weird, but xD
    Assuming Lemire goes there, I'd say it's going be all down to execution. Because Anole may have aged up, but the last Bobby saw of him, he was a student. A minor. So how Iceman reconciles that is going to be key to making the whole thing work without it coming off as creepy. It would just be SO much easier if they hadn't just reset the kids to newbie status too.

Hey, Mr. Lemire.

1. Did you have any input on the design of the Future Horsemen? What was the thought process behind the choices?
    2. Are there going to be any drastic stoylines changes/repercussions after Civil War II: X-Men? If so, which character's story are you looking forward to after the event?
    3. Obligatory Emma Frost Whereabout Question.
    4. Many people are speculating if Anole and Iceman are going to hook up given recent developments. I'm not a fan of the two Gay guys in a show/movie/story have to be paired up trope, if these changes are permanent, how can we expect their dynamic to change as far as the Gayoda aspect of it all (Anole helping a late bloomer deal with his coming out)?
    5. Will Storm do something about Hellion being in Inhuman custody?
    6. Any chance Jubilee might be popping in for a hey?

There are many, many mutants we haven't seen in a while, should we assume that if we haven't seen them they are living in Limbo away from the Inhuman cloud of death?

Great work on the book, so far. My son and I are both really enjoying it. In regards to the Terrigen Cloud: Is there an end planned for it, do you already know what it is, and what are the chances we see it in 2016? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Assuming Lemire goes there, I'd say it's going be all down to execution. Because Anole may have aged up, but the last Bobby saw of him, he was a student. A minor. So how Iceman reconciles that is going to be key to making the whole thing work without it coming off as creepy. It would just be SO much easier if they hadn't just reset the kids to newbie status too.
    I can't really keep up with all the X-Kids these days, but isn't Anole the CEO of Worthington Enterprises (or whatever its called)? He probably was 18 already before the age up. Iceman is probably 28 or maybe even less with the retcons and sliding timelines. Inter-generational relationships are not that uncommon.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I can't really keep up with all the X-Kids these days, but isn't Anole the CEO of Worthington Enterprises (or whatever its called)? He probably was 18 already before the age up. Iceman is probably 28 or maybe even less with the retcons and sliding timelines. Inter-generational relationships are not that uncommon.
    Especially, within the X-men!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Aaron's wacky hijinx approach to the JGS meant whole Worthington Enterprises business was treated as a project for economics class and no one's touched it since Latour's WatXM. The students were minors with the X-Men acting in loco parentis during Aaron's WatXM run, and were still being treated as such by the time Wood's X-Men and Amazing X-Men rolled around. As of EXM, they're still being framed as newbies that need rookie-level training from Colossus, despite most of them being experienced with combat at this point.

Basically, each new writer that comes on portrays the junior team not just as younger than the X-Men, but as still being minors that need their protection, which is why there's any fuss at all about this. If they weren't kids, there wouldn't be any real surprise to their being aged up, let alone the potential relationship angle. The only way to get them away from the kiddie table seem to be for them to appear in other books (a la Prodigy in the Young Avengers) or to be tagged as a love interest for an older character (as in Blindfold's case). The latter may be where some of the speculation for this being an eventual hook-up comes from, come to think of it.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 03-30-2016 at 12:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Will we see more character based humor in the future?

Hi Mr. Lemire,

Any hints as to where Emma Frost and Rachel Grey are?
    Can we please get some new costumes? No offense, but the current costumes are not very Extraordinary, especially Jean's.