Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Not as good as Johns or Parker's run, but its ok, definitely better than Bunn's run. Latest issue for me was weaker than #49 due to so many attempts at making jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'm enjoying Abnett's run on Aquaman so far with the exception of Mera's costume change. With the exception of her collar, it looks like she's wearing Arthur's clothes. They should have kept her tiara at the very least.
    Hey, what man doesnt enjoy seeing his wife in one of his old shirts?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Hey, what man doesnt enjoy seeing his wife in one of his old shirts?

LoL......I think they should have left the shirt sleaveless and have Mera keep her gauntlets and tiara as those items have defined her image in the New 52. Now she just looks like Mrs. Aquaman but again, it's not a terrible look for her, just less original.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Always Rakzo

You know, I actually think the last couple of issues have been the best since Johns left.

Parker's second and final storyarc was pretty enjoyable but his first storyline draaaaagggggeeeeed. It didn't have proper focus, it was supposed to be about the reintroduction of the villain Creature King but it ultimately devolved into different underdeveloped plot-points like Arthur's life in Amnesty Bay and Hercules (for some reason), plot-points that never received a proper resolution and once that he finally reached the climax of the conflict with the Creature King it was just underwhelming, especially considering how hyped his reappearance was (and he hasn't appeared again since then).

In comparison, Abnett's run has started much stronger.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

I was happy with Bunn's run something new. But it's good to be back. Wasn't a fan of Booth's art at all except Mera so glad he wad only a guest penciler.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    LoL......I think they should have left the shirt sleaveless and have Mera keep her gauntlets and tiara as those items have defined her image in the New 52. Now she just looks like Mrs. Aquaman but again, it's not a terrible look for her, just less original.
    I'd take that and then change the orange shirt to her traditional green scales, make the pants black, and have the Aqua-belt remain gold so it stands out, along with the other accents on her costume that you mentioned.

Either way its a fun development, largely because Mera seems to hate the idea. If she were okay with this I dont think I would be.

I dont think this is going to be a thing, and I'd be surprised if she wore that costume for long, or anywhere but at the embassy or when dealing with the surface, but if this makes people think of Mera as a more viable superhero and it opens up the door for her to be more than just part of Orin's supporting cast, I'd be thrilled. I dunno if it will actually work that way, but if this is what it takes for Mera to have a bigger role in the DCU then I embrace it completely.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'd take that and then change the orange shirt to her traditional green scales, make the pants black, and have the Aqua-belt remain gold so it stands out, along with the other accents on her costume that you mentioned.

Either way its a fun development, largely because Mera seems to hate the idea. If she were okay with this I dont think I would be.

I dont think this is going to be a thing, and I'd be surprised if she wore that costume for long, or anywhere but at the embassy or when dealing with the surface, but if this makes people think of Mera as a more viable superhero and it opens up the door for her to be more than just part of Orin's supporting cast, I'd be thrilled. I dunno if it will actually work that way, but if this is what it takes for Mera to have a bigger role in the DCU then I embrace it completely.

I really like your overall idea for Mera's costume. That sounds darn near perfect to me.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Not as good as Johns or Parker's run, but its ok, definitely better than Bunn's run. Latest issue for me was weaker than #49 due to so many attempts at making jokes.
    People not taking Aquaman all that seriously is part of the charm, I think. I really enjoyed this issue.

I dropped Aquaman at #41. After reading this thread I plan on getting it again with rebirth!

Quote Originally Posted by edwardsdv View Post
    People not taking Aquaman all that seriously is part of the charm, I think. I really enjoyed this issue.
    Its not about Aquaman not being taken seriously. Mera doing stand-up comedy, Garth being all smart ass about googling something out, FBI agents mumbling about sandwiches, some local cop throwing out jokes about sharks and then the obvious "put Aqua before each word" stuff. It looked like every character was trying to make jokes and not particularly good ones.

Astonishing Member

i'd be happy to see if aquaman's supporting cast grow bigger. more notable atlanteans.

and maybe with rebirth, we can see more of the others.

BANNED

There wasn't anything wrong with Bunn's run. His run was pretty bold, but fans don't like that. They just rather have the norm. I'm glad to have Abnett on board for Aquaman. It still doesn't touch Jeff Parker's stuff though.

I can't say I really enjoyed the cop who was gushing over Mera. That seemed a little juvenile the way she did it, but that was a minor annoyance. Overall, I believe I'll enjoy this run. Parker was the high-water mark for me, but I think Abnett will do a great job on the title.

Enjoyed Johns and will be collecting Parker soon. Also Abnett's been great.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.