Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

...Anyone else notice that this guy looks JUST like that craptastic x-men character from the end of his x-men that was another god mode macguffin character? Oh boy, here we go...

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Man I didn't know Bendis was writing this. Haven't they learned that every event he writes is not good. Starts off strong with a great premise and then falls apart in the end leaving no one happy with the ending. He has done this over and over again and it always ends the same.

I'm gonna say that is Banner Hulk and not Cho hulk from the looks of the cover and the fact that he's wearing Hulks old ripped pants not Amadeus's new MMA shorts. Wonder what they did this time to tick him off.

As for Ulysses, I'm not very impressed with his appearance honestly. It looks good but so far I really can't make much of him.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    So CWI dealt with personal responsibility, and CWII has to deal with personal responsibility as well. Common theme.
    Bendis can dress it up anyway he wants. He could say its about global warming and carbon credits for all I care but I am wise to his ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    ...Anyone else notice that this guy looks JUST like that craptastic x-men character from the end of his x-men that was another god mode macguffin character? Oh boy, here we go...
    yup. the resemblance is uncanny.

That art is simply beautiful, if the story isn't trash maybe I'll pick up the trade...

Quote Originally Posted by mrPizza View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    yup. the resemblance is uncanny.
    Like i said, im so excited that i cant wait.

I really think Bendis is on his A game with All-New All-Different. (Well.. B game with Guardians) and he really seems to be investing a lot into making Civil War II high quality. I think he's gonna pull through with something really fun here.

BANNED

am i the only one who thinks this will tie into "Vote Loki" somehow?

i wouldn't be surprised if loki addressed the problem of superheroes being more concerned with petty arguments that turn into wars then using that to fuel his campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Holy crap, those pages look freaking A-MA-ZING!!!
    Word. This is shaping up to be one of the finer looking (aesthetically speaking) events since House of M, imho.

Marquez is SHREDDING it.

These two are particularly stunning images:

Its great (for me) to see the X-Men and the Avengers working together against a common foe --- that ISN'T an Avenger or an X-Man.

EDIT: Oh! Oh! But could someone shed some light on WHO is in this last image? I recognize everyone BUT the distant figure who seems to be blowing(?) one of the baddies away. At first I thought, oh well that must be Storm but she is very clearly up in the right top corner raining down some electric fury on that massive guy. Could that be Songbird doing some sonic attack?

EDIT #2: Oops. So... that must be Blackbolt, perhaps? I just noticed Medusa wrangling the same baddie from below. Yes? No? Now I'm wondering who the figure smashing right through the baddie above them is -- America Chavez maybe? Rogue? So distant. MARQUEZ WHERE YOU AT? BREAK IT DOWN FOR US!!!
    Last edited by Fokken; 03-31-2016 at 04:22 AM.

BANNED

The Hulk Original / Bruce Banner will return as a monster raging uncontrollably? So what happened to the New Hulk / Amadeus Cho?

Quote Originally Posted by Sansomon View Post

The Hulk Original / Bruce Banner will return as a monster raging uncontrollably? So what happened to the New Hulk / Amadeus Cho?
    That IS Cho, is it not? He's got the Cho hair happening...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    That IS Cho, is it not? He's got the Cho hair happening...
    No he does not have the same Asiatic face of Amadeus Cho when he turned into Hulk your hair does not have the same hairstyle his face and physical size resemble much more the Hulk Classic transformed from a Hulk teenager equal Amadeus Cho he's wearing Hulks old ripped purple pants not Amadeus's new MMA shorts and bracelet on one arm. Apparently he's the original Hulk Bruce Banner ceased to be Maestro and now returns back all your fury against the Iron Man faction in Civil War II. It's probably the preparation for titanic clash between Hulk / Bruce Banner against the Hulk / Amadeus Cho
    Last edited by Sansomon; 03-31-2016 at 07:21 AM.

If Bendis didn't know Carol and Rhodey were an item prior to writing the script; then it tells me what I need to know about this series.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansomon View Post
    No he does not have the same Asiatic face of Amadeus Cho when he turned into Hulk your hair does not have the same hairstyle his face and physical size resemble much more the Hulk Classic transformed from a Hulk teenager equal Amadeus Cho he's wearing Hulks old ripped purple pants not Amadeus's new MMA shorts and bracelet on one arm. Apparently he's the original Hulk Bruce Banner ceased to be Maestro and now returns back all your fury against the Iron Man faction in Civil War II. It's probably the preparation for titanic clash between Hulk / Bruce Banner against the Hulk / Amadeus Cho
    Apologies -- I guess I assumed that this particular artist simply lacked the finesse Frank Cho clearly illustrates when accentuating those features to indicate CHO rather than BANNER, and additionally translated HULK in a more traditional aesthetic.

Its a skill lacking from most artists, it seems, across the board when rendering Asian characters.