Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Huntsmen and Huntresses (RWBY) vs Servants (Fate series)

The Huntsmen and Huntresses of the RWBY universe take on the Servants of the Fate series

RWBY

Ruby Rose

Yang Xiao Long

Weiss Schnee

Blake Belladona

Pyrra Nikos

Lie Ren

Sun Wokong

Qrow

Winter Schnee

Glynda Goodwitch

Cinder Fall (Full Fall Maiden Powers)

Nora Valkyrie

Fate

Gilgamesh (Archer)

Medusa (Rider)

Arthur (Saber)

Emiya (Archer)

Lancelot (Berserker)

Heracles (Berserker)

Diarmuid Ua Duibhne (Lancer)

Angra Mainyu (Avenger)

Medea (Caster)

Cu Chalain (Lancer)

Fight to the death. Who wins?
    Last edited by Agent Z; 03-30-2016 at 01:27 PM.

BANNED

I'm no expert on the Fate franchise but don't guys like Gilgamesh have feats that put them above the entire RWBYverse?

The RWBY side is screwed by the presence of several of the Fate/ people. I'm going to ignore speed because both series are beyond bullet timing but mostly lack concrete feats beyond that point, so let's assume they're all roughly equal..

Why they're screwed:

-Gilgamesh can, among other things, kill everyone in the arena (barring Saber if she uses Avalon) at once in one move. Even if you ignore all narrative and implications and go solely by hard feats, his opening clash with Enkidu in Strange Fake was visible from space and left a crater several kilometers in diameter.
    -Aura has no feats for defending against petrification, so Medusa can turn them all to stone on sight.
    -Artoria's Excalibur is comfortably above the firepower that people in RWBY have demonstrated.
    -They can't kill Herakles enough; they just don't have the variety to do so. I could see them killing him via cutting damage, and maybe Cinder's fire can do it. After that he's going to resist both of those things and they're screwed.
    -Medea can shoot dozens of building-busting lasers at once.

Everyone else on the Fate/ side is generally at parity or better than the trained adults of the RWBY side, except Avenger because he's ridiculously weak.
    Last edited by Siriel; 03-30-2016 at 03:07 PM.

What makes things even worse is that things will snow ball the moment attrition sets in. I can see one of the teachers stalling one of the Servant heavy hitters, but the second a bad match-up occurs or a few of the kids fall, there will be a Servant free to stab people in the back. And when he/she does, that frees up another, and it just gets nastier from there.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

All I can imagine is the look on their faces when Lancelot starts hijacking weapons. It is both humorous and tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    All I can imagine is the look on their faces when Lancelot starts hijacking weapons. It is both humorous and tragic.
    I can see the kids, particularly Yang and Ruby, have a "So Cool!" moment before getting skewered and/or beheaded.

Why must Fate be so cruel? *rimshot*
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

What if Adam joins the fight on the RWBY side? His sword can absorb energy beams and send them back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What if Adam joins the fight on the RWBY side? His sword can absorb energy beams and send them back.
    I'm pretty sure he never did that and even if he did the stuff on the Fate side would be completely beyond anything he absorbed (assuming what the other posters have said about the Fate side is accurate of course).

That fire wasn't caused by any Servant and engulfed only a relatively small part of the city, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    The RWBY side is screwed by the presence of several of the Fate/ people. I'm going to ignore speed because both series are beyond bullet timing but mostly lack concrete feats beyond that point, so let's assume they're all roughly equal..

Why they're screwed:

-Gilgamesh can, among other things, kill everyone in the arena (barring Saber if she uses Avalon) at once in one move. Even if you ignore all narrative and implications and go solely by hard feats, his opening clash with Enkidu in Strange Fake was visible from space and left a crater several kilometers in diameter.
    What attacks were used to cause such a blast?

-They can't kill Herakles enough; they just don't have the variety to do so. I could see them killing him via cutting damage, and maybe Cinder's fire can do it. After that he's going to resist both of those things and they're screwed.
    To be fair; that seems to also be depended on how powerful the attacks in question is as he can lose more than one life from a single attack if it's powerful enough. No idea if they have the firepower to take out enough of his lives in a single attack however.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    What attacks were used to cause such a blast?
    Enuma Elish vs Enuma Elish at a higher output than what Gilgamesh uses in Stay Night.

(They aren't actually the same move, they're just both called Enuma Elish.)

Servants in general have been getting greater feats in the newer media as they get into situations where they can show off more than in Fuyuki.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    To be fair; that seems to also be depended on how powerful the attacks in question is as he can lose more than one life from a single attack if it's powerful enough. No idea if they have the firepower to take out enough of his lives in a single attack however.
    None of them have shown anything markedly more powerful than Archer's shot in the graveyard, and that would only have killed him once (if he hadn't parried).

In fact they haven't really showed anything that deals collateral damage comparable to Archer's shot but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

There's also the issue of rank and how it translates into other series but I don't really want to give everyone a headache trying to figure that out.
    Last edited by Siriel; 03-31-2016 at 08:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Which means that EMIYA Archer now has a sword that can absorb energy beams and send them back.

Correction: EMIYA Archer now has countless swords that can absorb energy beams and send them back. Which he can fire all at once, at everybody on the opposing side. From what happened to Yang, that sword may also bypass Aura to at least some degree, so there's that for team RWBY to look forward to as well.

The creators have confirmed in some interview that Adam just hits much harder than the other characters we've seen fight the main four, no aura-bypassing shenanigans.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    The creators have confirmed in some interview that Adam just hits much harder than the other characters we've seen fight the main four, no aura-bypassing shenanigans.
    I guess that that's technically less broken, though I'm trying to figure how that causes the things he cuts to shatter into flower petals. Is that part of his Semblance?

It might just be a stylistic choice to avoid having to show gore, but either way I don't think that's been explained.