Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Cyclops, #1

Cyclops just discovered that the father he thought died long ago is alive and well and A SPACE PIRATE. Spinning directly out of ALL-NEW X-MEN, comes the first ongoing solo series for one of the time-traveling Original X-Men. After the events of "Trial of Jean Grey", Scott Summers stays in space to learn some valuable lessons from his dad: 1) How to shave, 2) How to talk to girls, 3) How to steal a Badoon space-ship.

Full article here.

Thought this was already posted by Newsarama, but it can't hurt to post it again. The Cyclops solo series was an unexpected surprise and this preview makes it a pleasant one at that. It's nice to see that O5 Cyclops is getting comfortable around his dad's girlfriend. We've already seen him in enough awkward situation in All New X-men. I'm okay if these first few issues keep it simple and just has a boy and his father playing space pirate.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I like the art and I like the cute.
    "My almost step mother" Dawwwh!

LOL Cyke is gonna be so jelly of this space adventure.

Such beautiful art and Rucka. Go ahead marvel and take the money.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

Adult Cyclops deserved an ongoing more than this guy. :/

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Nice art and neat to see Rucka writing a complete different set of characters' but if Marvel wants to put him back on certain military-styled character(s), I would not complain.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

What's with all of the "Sco'tt" apostrophied nonsense? I get that maybe she has an alien inflection, but it's just unnecessarily awkward.
    Top 6 Legionnaires: Wildfire, Timber Wolf, Polar Boy, Shadow Lass, Phantom Girl, Ultra Boy

Recent favorite books: Black Science, Five Ghosts, and LOW

Quote Originally Posted by RedwingX View Post
    Adult Cyclops deserved an ongoing more than this guy. :/
    But he's got a whole lot more on his hands than O5 Tyke. He just can't afford to take a vacation right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger88 View Post
    But he's got a whole lot more on his hands than O5 Tyke. He just can't afford to take a vacation right now.
    I could see it now. "Emma the revolution is yours. I have to go on a space adventure."

BANNED

This doesn't suck. I thought it would. I might to have to actually pick this up. Wow. Rucka... The art. I didn't think it was possible but for the first time Tyke's career he's not boring. Holy crap rucka is converting me to want to read Tyke. I didn't think that was possible.

o

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    I could see it now. "Emma the revolution is yours. I have to go on a space adventure."
    A recipe for complete mutant disaster/Armageddon. Would be hilarious if he comes back and sees the earth destroyed and Xorna Jean sitting on her throne of flesh, she goes " Welcome back Scott. We have some catching up to do", while giving that creepy Maddie-esque seductive smile.

Some ending that would be.

BANNED

After AVSX-men, it was a perfect time for Cyclops to get a ongoing consider what happened to his world.

All of his friends betrayed him and sees him as a monster, so does the rest of the world.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Sounds like a Poochie scenario

Yep, this looks like a heck of a lot of fun, and it's also nice to see 05 Scott having some fun after everything he's been through. The art is great as well.

Also, I never considered Hepzibah as Scott's almost step-mom, talk about a weird family tree.