Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger88 View Post
    Yes, that's the one. The only harshness shown was by another person watching the movie who got distracted by Scott & Jean's antics. But I fel the odds are sort of low on Tyke-Jeen ever being together.
    I'll still hold out hope for them being together. It won't happen soon but I hope it will eventually happen. Scott's space adventures will help him mature and learn to enjoy life more. It might make their rekindled romance have a better chance of coming true.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post

I've never really read anything with Hep in it before. Is this just something Rucka has made up himself or has she always spoken this way? It's interesting.
    She has always spoken that way so no, it's not something Rucka just came up with. I remember one of the other alien on their ship has an old English dialect so expect that as well.
    Last edited by XchaiX; 05-02-2014 at 01:49 AM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Can't wait for Papa Corsair and Sorta-Step-Mom-Hepzibah to give Tyke The Talk.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Can't wait for Papa Corsair and Sorta-Step-Mom-Hepzibah to give Tyke The Talk.
    "Birds do it. Bees do it. Even anthropomorphic skunk-cat-things do it! Often..."
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

"We'll have to get you a second visor."

Here's a bonus preview page of Cyclops #1 from The Gutters Website

(Not really a preview, but you probably guessed that already - actually by Jeff McComsey & Jeff Moss)

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Oh, man. That is glorious.

All-New Member

I'm pretty excited for this book. Greg Rucka is one of the most thoughtful writers in comics when it comes to fleshing out and developing characters and he's going to be bringing in elements of his personal understanding and experience into this book. There are, really, very few big two comics that are about family in this way, and the scope is going to be space operatic adventure, which is another thing we never get enough of. Maybe best of all, it's going to be off in its own corner of the universe, which is how Greg operates best so there should be relatively little interference, at least until they want young Scott to be back on Earth again.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    Here's a bonus preview page of Cyclops #1 from The Gutters Website

(Not really a preview, but you probably guessed that already - actually by Jeff McComsey & Jeff Moss)
    That is an amazing panel.

The blue and gold looks so much better than the mostly white official version of Tyke's costume.

Amazing Member

I have been waiting for a Cyclops solo series for years and years. I only wish this was current Cyclops. Keeping the O5 together still had so much story left. Plus seeing Cyclops and his father together again would have been interesting. See what his father has to say on his current status and what not. Still, looking forward to this series very much. I don't know how long it'll last but I'm gonna enjoy the ride.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by XFan View Post
    My guess is gonna be Dazzler. I may be wrong though.
    Yes, you are probably right. Thanks! The skin tone seems off.
    Not Peter David.

Quote Originally Posted by pad View Post
    Yes, you are probably right. Thanks! The skin tone seems off.
    It's the Aussie Outback sun. :rolleyes:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
    I'm pretty excited for this book. Greg Rucka is one of the most thoughtful writers in comics when it comes to fleshing out and developing characters and he's going to be bringing in elements of his personal understanding and experience into this book. There are, really, very few big two comics that are about family in this way, and the scope is going to be space operatic adventure, which is another thing we never get enough of. Maybe best of all, it's going to be off in its own corner of the universe, which is how Greg operates best so there should be relatively little interference, at least until they want young Scott to be back on Earth again.
    Just seconding everything you wrote. It's the father and son dynamic I am most interested in here and that seems to be the part that has drawn Rucka's interest too. The art being glorious doesn't hurt either but it's seeing what kind of a relationship Tyke and Corsair can forge on Corsair's home turf where he's not just the deadbeat dad who never came back to check up on his kids but is a guy trying to raise his son that interests me.

Quote Originally Posted by DakenGirl View Post
    Just seconding everything you wrote. It's the father and son dynamic I am most interested in here and that seems to be the part that has drawn Rucka's interest too. The art being glorious doesn't hurt either but it's seeing what kind of a relationship Tyke and Corsair can forge on Corsair's home turf where he's not just the deadbeat dad who never came back to check up on his kids but is a guy trying to raise his son that interests me.
    Well, actually he IS a deadbeat dad who didn't really come to check up on his kids when he should have. Had he come to check on them, well, Cyke would never have remained in the orphanage. Cyke made it abundantly clear to him in the campfire chat lol.