Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Rose's face looks kinda of "asian". Looks like someone remembered that he mom is Cambodian.

BANNED

Hmm, I'm not really feeling the costumes TBH. Black/Blue, white, orange, that silver sleeve, they're "too busy" IMO. Still, it's Priest writting Old Man Deathstroke, how can I not be excited?! Now if only Midnighter could appear here since he doesn't have a book... It'd be the best comic in all of REBIRTH!

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Comic book lords in heaven....please let him look like this when he shows up in the DCEU...and please let him be portrayed by Clive Owen...*passes out*

Oh my god....Priest is the writer?! What is DC trying to do to me?! I can't....I....*passes out again*

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Rose's face looks kinda of "asian". Looks like someone remembered that he mom is Cambodian.
    Isn't she Adelines daugther in the new 52, making her fully white?

And At least Slade has his proper hair colour back, I don't get why the young Slade had suddenly black hair, he was blonde in previous flash backs.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Isn't she Adelines daugther in the new 52, making her fully white?
    In pre-flashpoint Adeline was just her step-mother. Her biological mother was a Cambodian woman who she was searching for before Flashpoint. They always retcon that back.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-01-2016 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Oh my god....Priest is the writer?! What is DC trying to do to me?! I can't....I....*passes out again*
    your posts cracked me up! I'm excited too...*passes out*

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    One of my most anticipated DC rebirth titles.
    +1

10char
    #MagnetoWasRight

Looks like this could be a Father / Daughter duo book where Slade mentors Rose. Not bothered by the return to Old, but anytime Deathstroke restarts Im always weary as which Slade we'll get, or how "Bad", and Villainous he'll be portrayed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Openminds View Post
    Definitely digging those designs, but I must admit that I'm surprised how much effort DC is putting forth making sure that Deathstroke always has a series out. Isn't he like one of those tougher characters to write since he's so powerful?
    Hasn't hurt Superman for 3/4 of a century. Looks good, though I'll always hold a special place in my heart for the stripper boots:

DS boots.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AstroWolfboy View Post
    Looks like this could be a Father / Daughter duo book where Slade mentors Rose. Not bothered by the return to Old, but anytime Deathstroke restarts Im always weary as which Slade we'll get, or how "Bad", and Villainous he'll be portrayed.
    Because it's clear that he's going to be in the DCEU at some point.

Once the Arrow showrunners came out and admitted that Slade's character was off limits for CW shows, and that he's being used for a special project, it's pretty much a guarantee. I was wondering this too, but then I remembered what the CW guys said.

hopefully there will be plenty of guest characters from the DCU and Priest's plots won't be disrupted by constant crossovers.

I might be more stoked for this than any other rebirth title. Looks good.

PuckFink

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Hmm, I'm not really feeling the costumes TBH. Black/Blue, white, orange, that silver sleeve, they're "too busy" IMO. Still, it's Priest writting Old Man Deathstroke, how can I not be excited?! Now if only Midnighter could appear here since he doesn't have a book... It'd be the best comic in all of REBIRTH!
    Don't worry, it's not actually a silver sleeve that's his bare arm

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Openminds View Post
    Definitely digging those designs, but I must admit that I'm surprised how much effort DC is putting forth making sure that Deathstroke always has a series out. Isn't he like one of those tougher characters to write since he's so powerful?
    Probably because he's coming to the cinematic universe as early as Suicide Squad.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!