Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default DC Artist Aco Shares Character Designs for "Deathstroke" Rebirth

Artist Aco shares his designs for Deathstroke's new look, including his character design, Ravager's new look, and the final cover for "Deathstroke #1"

Full article here.

Extraordinary Member

Definitely getting this!

Extraordinary Member

Very slick designs. Definetly going for a look that can be simplified if the artist wants it, or over detailed if they feel like it.

...though I still kind of wish we had a Grant Wilson Ravager still alive.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

All-New Member

Definitely digging those designs, but I must admit that I'm surprised how much effort DC is putting forth making sure that Deathstroke always has a series out. Isn't he like one of those tougher characters to write since he's so powerful?

Yay he's old again

BANNED

I'm pretty sure they won't use the exposed midriff look for Ravager. I prefer the armored look, anyway. Keep the skimpy outfits to sorceresses and superpowered ladies.

Slightly confused. Why, when the book has THREE artists already, were character designs done by a fourth?

I would love it if this series is where Midnighter turns up. I think there was an early new52 plot point that Midnighter killed Wilsons son. And based on they way they re-established him in his series, he would be a lock as a foil for Deathstroke.

hopefully the series will be highly promoted and will hopefully sell and propel Priest to get more writing gigs beyond "niche" characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they won't use the exposed midriff look for Ravager. I prefer the armored look, anyway. Keep the skimpy outfits to sorceresses and superpowered ladies.
    Lol even then its debatable. Sorceror its convention, DnD. Superpowered guess u don't the need the armor.

Priest and Ravager count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    The bare midriff look should be reserved for Ravager's daily cardio and perhaps a tropical temperature adventure ONLY. :-P

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

I'm just glad Rose doesn't have huge boobs (pretty flat actually). Seriously. Which actually makes sense. Bravo, Aco.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The bare midriff look should be reserved for Ravager's daily cardio and perhaps a tropical temperature adventure ONLY. :-P
    If you look in the original Facebook album, it clearly states that the version with the bare midriff was rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Slightly confused. Why, when the book has THREE artists already, were character designs done by a fourth?
    Very good question..

I love Rose's new symbol xD. Is actually pretty funny, thought I don't like her desing so much or the artist.

Anyway, good desing nonetheless.