Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Amazing Member

Default Wildstorm Rebirth?

I realize this is a long shot, but I was really hoping for some sign that the Wildstorm characters would be spun back into their own universe by now (either from Convergence or Rebirth), but so far no indication that it will happen.

A group of Wildstorm titles would fare better on their own than as part of the DC Universe. Stormwatch, Wildcats, Grifter, Midnighter (& Apollo), Deathblow, Gen13 would make a good line.

I don't recall hearing or seeing any Wildstorm characters during the Rebirth announcement, not even Midnighter, so perhaps there's something to the idea of a "Wildstorm Rebirth" afterall.

Thoughts?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
    I realize this is a long shot, but I was really hoping for some sign that the Wildstorm characters would be spun back into their own universe by now (either from Convergence or Rebirth), but so far no indication that it will happen.

A group of Wildstorm titles would fare better on their own than as part of the DC Universe. Stormwatch, Wildcats, Grifter, Midnighter (& Apollo), Deathblow, Gen13 would make a good line.

I don't recall hearing or seeing any Wildstorm characters during the Rebirth announcement, not even Midnighter, so perhaps there's something to the idea of a "Wildstorm Rebirth" afterall.

Thoughts?
    it is a long shot. but if it happens i'll be right there with you.

i'd also include wetworks.

BANNED

I also include in the list The Authority and Planetary but whether the DC Comics would be willing to create a "Earth Wildstorm" to accommodate the Wildstorm characters as it did with the characters of the line Milestone Dakota.

I want to say that I heard Midnighter will be involved in Nightwing, somehow.

I dont think DC is going to let these guys go. Given how poorly WildStorm was doing before they were folded into the DCU, Im not sure if DC would see any financial reason to put them on their own earth. Best we're likely to get is seeing them slowly re-introduced in other titles after Rebirth.

I agree, they'd likely be better served on their own considering how badly DC messed up the WS integration. But I do think there's room for the WS crew in the DCU if it were handled right. A lot of those guys would fit into the world of Checkmate, Spyral, Taskforce X, and Amanda Waller, and the Authority could provide an interesting "third opinion" between the traditional heroes and villains.

I think it *could* be done well, with the right creators. But odds are WS would be better off on its own again. I just dont see it happening.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

After Rebirth. Anything in the Wildstorm continuity is possible. I'd even and only pick up Nightwing, or any of the Batbooks for that matter, just to see a Midnighter cameo at least. Other than that I won't be following them.

I really hope Jim Lee hasn't forgotten about the WildCats. I still want to see them return. At least feature some of their characters in the JL/JLA. (Give them a movie maybe? That'll boost interest. Be their Guardians of the Galaxy.)

A good idea, I've read many times before, is a Wildstorm "Earth 2" centric type of book. A book that features a WildStorm universe with all things WildStorm in it in a single book. Even with that I'd be happy.

I heard Midnighter was confirmed for Nightwing in an interview.

Other than that I'm not really sure why having them in their own universe would make them sell better. If anything I think it would make them sell worse.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.