Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    I heard that there is going to be a Wildstorm announcement soon?

For the windstorm fans, what's the differences between Gen 13 and Teen Titans? I know that Stormwatch and WildCATS is more science and affiliated with the government.
    All the difference in the world. The Teen Titans is an assemblage of Justice League sidekicks. Gen 13 is a handful of kids who were the super-powered offspring of Team 7, a secret government team of badasses. Wild C.A.T.S. has had a slightly complicated history but for the most part they were part of a secret war between two alien races with kinda sorta angelic / demonic attributes.
    Did you know that every atom in our bodies was once part of a star? Think about that… EVERYTHING changes. Caterpillars turn into butterflies and stars turn into @$$holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think this is the root of the issue with folding them into the DCU. There's so much overlap, which is to be expected when you consider that the older WS guys were often ripping off a bigger name. Obviously the merger can work, just ask Midnighter, but you gotta smooth those wrinkles out and find a new twist for WS that doesnt ruin what makes them work, but gives them a proper place within the DCU.

As for Zealot specifically, I think the answer might be easier than it seems. Keep the "warrior women in the ancient world" concept, but establish them as a small monastery, or tribe, or whatever, largely removed from the world. So while Hippolyta was ruling the Amazons, fighting Hercules, and moving her nation to a hidden island after cutting a deal with the gods, the Coda were in the mountains (or something) somewhere (doesnt even have to be near Greece, really), keeping to themselves and rarely dealing with outsiders.

The Kherbim could easily be related to Kryptonians in the same way Daxamites are, and I have a theory that originally in the New52 DC planned to reveal that there were no "martians" and J'onn was a Daemonite deserter who went native. Not sure how I'd feel about that if they ever did it; it kills the main themes of J'onn's character....but at the same time J'onn's importance and relevance are dropping so maybe its the kind of shakeup he needs, and it would tie the Daemonites into the DCU, give J'onn a purpose, and sidestep a lot of issues his origin creates as we learn more about Mars and its history.
    One idea I like to flirt with is that Zealot's Coda and Hippolyta's Amanzons were once one group, but split over the years due to differentiating opinions. One leaning more on peace, Gods and magic. The other the art of war, and technology.

As for your Martian Manhuntter idea, it'd would say a lot about the Martian's abilities if they were relatives of the Daemonites. They could say, the Daemonites (or a group of) escaped to Mars and mated with the Martians or something like that. They can mate with Humans, so why not? If WildStorm ever gets settled into the DCU, I wouldn't mind reading that crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by RedvFury View Post
    One idea I like to flirt with is that Zealot's Coda and Hippolyta's Amanzons were once one group, but split over the years due to differentiating opinions. One leaning more on peace, Gods and magic. The other the art of war, and technology.
    Note that Wonder Woman lore already has this. Heck, the warlike Bana “splinter group” even has a member named Artemis (soon to be featured in Red Hood and the Outlaws). In fact, Artemis' appearance (and, arguably, her attitude as well) was based in part on Zealot, back in the days when DC and Wildstorm were competitors. One option I've toyed with would be to recast Zealot as originally being an Amazon from the Bana tribe rather than being Yet Another Kherub, and to conflate the Coda with the Bana — up to and including saying that the two Artemises are in fact one and the same.

As for your Martian Manhuntter idea, it'd would say a lot about the Martian's abilities if they were relatives of the Daemonites. They could say, the Daemonites (or a group of) escaped to Mars and mated with the Martians or something like that. They can mate with Humans, so why not? If WildStorm ever gets settled into the DCU, I wouldn't mind reading that crossover.
    Yeah; if the Kherubim can be recast as Kryptonian-type aliens, then why not recast Daemonites as Martian-type aliens?
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

As Dataweaver said, you could just merge the Bana Migdal (spelling?) with the Coda and get the same result. Which I would be fine with; the Bana haven't mattered in so long most people dont even remember them. But I wouldnt want to say the Coda were a part of the Amazons themselves. The Coda are based in science fiction and aliens and I think merging them completely with the Amazons would ruin the themes Zealot and her sisters rely on.

In other words, some overlap is fine, but I dont think you should integrate them completely. A "splinter group" is one thing, full fledged sisters who lived on Themyscria? You do that and you're not dealing with Zealot and the Coda anymore, just characters who share the name.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

^ I was left unaware of such a group. But that does explain my instant attraction to the character Artemis. I hope Jim Lee really wows (potential) fans with his coming announcements.

BANNED

heck... it's even a longer shot... but there should be Vertigo Batman series. Mature and darker... oh yeah... hits the right spot lol

I heard that there will be a Midnighter&Apollo Series with Steve Orlando as writer... which will be awesome cause i heard noting but great things about his Midnighter run ( i have the first trade but i couldn't get to it yet)

How important is it to Zealots identity that she come from another planet? Or that she's always been high-tech (which is a different question than whether she's high-tech now)? I ask because there's another aspect of Wonder Woman lore that's largely been forgotten for over thirty years: Wonder Woman's Invisible Plane was built by Amazons. That is, Thymescrians don't live a pastoral lifestyle because they lack the technology to urbanized; they live the way they do because they choose to; and they live that way comfortably because they've got the technology to make it work.

At least, that's how it was before the 1986 reboot. I'd bring at least some of that back, with Thymescrians who have the capacity to build, maintain, and operate invisible planes. A more warlike splinter group from that version of the Amazons would be a lot like the Coda.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    I was always under the impression that Planetary was at least partially owned by Warren Ellis at the least. Am I wrong?
    I like ideas like The Bleed in DC, but Planetary without Warren is No Joy. I can see The Authority as a European Task Force X.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Personally I agree with the guys that argue that Wildsrorm should stay distinct, if included in DCU at all keep on a separate Earth.

But if DC wants to use Wildsorm characters and concepts like the Bleed on main Earth...then it ought to be obvious that its main "creative" guys need to do an overall design that makes some sort of sense.

Don't allow individual writers make it up as they go along. Yes's there's a place for that, of course...but this is type of issue where Geoff Johns and Jim Lee should set out an overall blueprint for others to work in.

Otherwise we'll see an almighty mess....

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    How important is it to Zealots identity that she come from another planet?
    Well, this sort of thing is always subjective of course. You could argue that you can make Zealot and her history earth-bound without changing the basic themes that make up her stories, and thus not really change the nature of the character that much.

But for myself, I think being from an alien race is a fairly critical part of who Zealot is. The whole Kherbim/Daemonite backstory is a running thread and motivator for a lot of the WS characters, and while you *might* be able to pull off making her an Amazon or Bana, I think it wouldnt be Zealot anymore. If nothing else, itd be a hard line to walk.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.