Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default If You Were WW's New Film Director - How Would You Make Her Powers Look Cool?

Aside from the obvious, like super strength (assuming she gets to keep some of her Perez-days powers):

Bracelet Deflection?
    Animal Communication?
    Martial Art - Hand to Hand / Shield Use / Sword Use / Lasso Use
    Lasso's Use Other Than Battle (It's Truth Properties, how would you portray it, etc.)?
    The portrayal of the Olympian Gods? Classic? Modern? Different Shapes? Still Arrogant as Before? Benevolent?
    Extended Senses - Eye of the Hunter
    Healing Capability - How's it's done...
    etc.

For Bracelet deflection, I would like for her to be able to use a lesser shockwave effect to deflect multiple bullet fire, shot at her at various directions and angles at the same time wherein it is virtually impossible for her to block all of them one by one (she is fast, but NOT that fast, even the Flash gets' hit!), and obviously block energy/magical attacks that are bigger than her entire body if she can't dodge it

For her shield, although I like the design, I don't like her having it since I think the bracelet should do that job, but since it's there, it can be used somewhat similar to the bracelets but no shock effect, and I would like to be like a magical shield that she can use to fly like in He-Man (so-so movie...lol):

Welcome back, Titan Theo. I remember you from the old DC boards.

I would like to see Wonder Woman use her Amazon training to do some things that stay 'her' things and aren't copied by Superman or whoever. I would like to see Diana perfect some kind of trans-dimensional combat technique that allowed her to engage an opponent on two or three fronts, all at once. I would like to see her use a similar technique for flying - the idea that she doesn't exactly fly, but slips into the ether and rushes to her destination, such that she even passes through matter. It would take superhuman concentration and speed, but, I think Diana could do it.

Amazon training ain't a lesbian on the subway.

I want that shield gone. Diana's got pieces of her father's shield, her bracelets, that survived the gadblamed Titanomachy, and that should be enough. No shield! That's Captain America's thing, and it ought to stay 'his' thing.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-31-2016 at 07:30 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

If she can't fly, then I don't care. They aren't looking at the source material for the past 30 years, so who cares.

BANNED

I made up this scene in my head where she's being shot at from every angle and she's deflecting all the bullets at light speed - ting, ting, ting, ting, ting - then she bangs her bracelets together creating a concussive blast just strong enough to knock them all over without injuring them.

Then she twirls her lasso fast enough where it chops parademons to bits and pieces

Then she's up against Darkseid and she's a very skilled warrior, I mean you can totally tell, she's dodging his punches, she hits him in strategic places, she whips him with the lasso, she trips him up with it as well, she does lots of cool things with the lasso of truth

Then Wonder Woman's like "Imma remove these bracelets and finish him off right this freaking now", however she runs the risk of crossing the point of no return if she doesn't quickly put them back on. So she ties the lasso around her waist and she tells Superman "as soon as I deal the finishing blow, you're gonna pull me back with all you've got" and she tells Flash "put my bracelets back on as quickly as you can, while you can", and they're like "okay, lets get this over with, you're a great leader btw Wonder Woman". So she takes them off, her godly power is coursing through her veins, she concentrates all her chakra on her hand like Tsunade, she charges at Darkseid head on and KATOoOoOoM!! next thing you see is Darkseid floating unconscious in the Asteroid Belt, half dead
    Last edited by Pamp_Lusa; 03-31-2016 at 10:17 AM.

Default Warning BvS spoilers (for anyone who hasn't seen it)

I'd really like them to showcase the Lasso in various ways ... it's probably the most uniquely Wonder Woman thing out there so I'd like for them to incorporate it as more than just another piece of her equipment.

I agree that they should ditch the shield, her bracelets are more unique to her and with a bit of clever FX they can show her using them for various defensive and offensive maneuvers.

Flight isn't as important to me as some others, she's a warrior and I think battle scenes are more interesting when both combatants are on the ground ... SM style airborne combat always just seems more like a shoving match or a duel of heat vision type of powers rather than skilled hand to hand combat ... if she's flying let her be doing it to get leverage with the Lasso or something.

Super speed is far more important to me than flight ... it should be incorporated into her combat style at all times. Basically Diana should be able to hit an opponent dozens of times before they can even react. As Pamp_Lusa described above she should be fast and strike with laser like precision before an opponent even realizes she's moving.

Strength, should be massive, but I've never seen the need for her to do SM style feats of strength ... that's his thing, let him have it. Diana's strength should be showcased in more subtle ways IMO. Just based on her character alone Diana shouldn't rush into any situation with nothing but brute force. Her strength can be shown in similar ways that they did it in BvS ... being able to hold Doomsday with the Lasso was a good way to illustrate the vast physical strength she has without having a gratuitous "lift an aircraft carrier" type of moment.

Invulnerability, again they did a good job of showing her shrug off hits from Doomsday and even laugh/smile at it ... but the bracelets should be used as well as combat skills, Diana doesn't let herself get hit, even when she knows it's not going to harm her (again, that's for SM not WW).

Enhanced senses and animal communication could be cool to show, but aren't really critical to showcase IMO

I'm all for adding more magic based attacks into Diana's arsenal.

BANNED

I would agree. Maybe give her shield an absorption effect. Absorb energy attacks and refire it back. Sword, I don't know perhaps some elemental effects.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

A lot of it is in choice of opponents. A few Angel Dust v. Colossus moments would be good.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

I'm fine with her powers as is. To me what makes WW cool is that she kind of bridges the gap between Superman's high power level, and Batman's gadgets and tools (though her tools tend to be more magic based). Leave the powers as is just give her more cool stuff.

Mighty Member

if shes fighting i think she should fight groups as opposed to solo battles, id like the fights to end with things being as contained as possible, if they go the mos route and have her kill i wouldnt mind but ofc make it so she has no other option. id like to see the lasso and bracelets utilized as well.
    honestly id love to see them play up her strength but have her use it to do amazing obstacles and not just beat up on the villain. idc if she cant fly but id prefer if she can

honestly im interested if theyll get her right in the dialogue moreso than the fighting since we've already seen that done well for her and because i think the character shines best when she's shown changing people/swaying masses for the better

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    I would agree. Maybe give her shield an absorption effect. Absorb energy attacks and refire it back. Sword, I don't know perhaps some elemental effects.
    I was thinking something like channel img magical energy through objects or summoning weapons and armor from a pocket dimension.

Spectacular Member

I really do hope they do some things with animal communication. It will be a unique power of hers that can be shown (though I guess Aquaman may show to have a form of it with Ocean creatures too).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    I made up this scene in my head where she's being shot at from every angle and she's deflecting all the bullets at light speed - ting, ting, ting, ting, ting - then she bangs her bracelets together creating a concussive blast just strong enough to knock them all over without injuring them.

Then she twirls her lasso fast enough where it chops parademons to bits and pieces

Then she's up against Darkseid and she's a very skilled warrior, I mean you can totally tell, she's dodging his punches, she hits him in strategic places, she whips him with the lasso, she trips him up with it as well, she does lots of cool things with the lasso of truth

Then Wonder Woman's like "Imma remove these bracelets and finish him off right this freaking now", however she runs the risk of crossing the point of no return if she doesn't quickly put them back on. So she ties the lasso around her waist and she tells Superman "as soon as I deal the finishing blow, you're gonna pull me back with all you've got" and she tells Flash "put my bracelets back on as quickly as you can, while you can", and they're like "okay, lets get this over with, you're a great leader btw Wonder Woman". So she takes them off, her godly power is coursing through her veins, she concentrates all her chakra on her hand like Tsunade, she charges at Darkseid head on and KATOoOoOoM!! next thing you see is Darkseid floating unconscious in the Asteroid Belt, half dead
    [QUOTE=Pamp_Lusa;1906648]I made up this scene in my head where she's being shot at from every angle and she's deflecting all the bullets at light speed - ting, ting, ting, ting, ting - then she bangs her bracelets together creating a concussive blast just strong enough to knock them all over without injuring them.

...this works very well with the shockwave powers that she has. I've always said that no matter how fast WW is, she can't possibly deflect all bullets fired at her at multiple angles at the same time by skilled soldiers/assasins who use advanced machine gun type weaponry, otherwise it will be impossible to hit WW at all with that speed...with regards to the lasso,.I think she did something in Justice League war, but not as graphic...

Then she's up against Darkseid and she's a very skilled warrior, I mean you can totally tell, she's dodging his punches, she hits him in strategic places, she whips him with the lasso, she trips him up with it as well, she does lots of cool things with the lasso of truth...

Darkseid should I think be beyond any single JLA to handle single-handedly but with multiple opponents I can see her doing this...

Fantastic Member

Thanks Mel Dyer...by any chance you had a different board name? My memory is not as good as before as it's been a while...I seem to remember board trolls more...lol..., or it may take me a while as they are slowly coming back...

As for WW's fighting style, I liked the idea of all amazons, regardless of their strength level, be able to hurt impervious beings with their martial even without magical weapons...that will be something unique. I did think the shield was not necessary, although I like the design. as I've said, maybe it can be a flying skateboard or something that will fly her ...

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I like the idea that Wonder Woman is so fast, she moves her bracelets and avoids being hit, that it doesn't matter if she is or isn't invulnerable.