Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Spider-Women: Alpha, #1

SPIDER-WOMEN PART 1!
    The Spider-Event of 2016 is here, bringing SPIDER-GWEN, SILK and SPIDER-WOMAN together for a story too big for any one of their books! Spider-Woman is taking a mentor-role with Silk and Spider-Gwen, and the three spider-heroes take a brunch break on Gwen's Earth-65. But when the nefarious spy organization S.I.L.K. and their leader (Earth-65's Cindy Moon) notice the interdimensional interlopers, all of Jessica Drew's plans go wrong.

Full article here.

Woo! Love these three. Excited for this crossover even though almost off of these style crossovers end up being a bit of a mixed bag since different writers and artists are involved from issue to issue.

Amazing Member

Ugh ! the preview art for this is truly off putting ! You would think that an Event mini would rate a better class of artist than the one they picked to do this and 4.99 for Art like this Epic fail !

I'm all for more Spider-Women. These three have really grown, so much so that their stories are a lot more interesting than Peter Parker's. I think an event like this is just what they need to continue their growth.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Amazing Member

Ugly art must be a trademark for Silk & Spider-gwen books.

I think the doing alpha and omega is only doing those two issues. Joelle Jones is on Spider-Woman 6&7 while either Silk or Gwen gets the artist who does Batgirl. Forget who the third artist is.

I think Hopeless Thompson and Latour are being credited as co writers...and from the interviews the are really working closely together on this.

I can't wait for this.
    Last edited by Seren; 03-31-2016 at 12:27 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I admit I have to question the wisdom of dimension-hopping just for brunch...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by plo12 View Post
    Or maybe it's super hero readers that can only digest coke / mc donalds type of art?

Amazing Member

Default the non-conformist~Bub !

Quote Originally Posted by plo12 View Post
    Beeeeeyond true dat ! lol

Amazing Member

hey man dont be castin shade on micky Dees like dat ! i like there stuff ....well most of it ! lol

That is some.......questionable art.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I think the doing alpha and omega is only doing those two issues. Joelle Jones is on Spider-Woman 6&7 while either Silk or Gwen gets the artist who does Batgirl. Forget who the third artist is.

I think Hopeless Thompson and Latour are being credited as co writers...and from the interviews the are really working closely together on this.

I can't wait for this.
    Yeah, Hopeless, Thompson, and Latour are collaborating on the Alpha and Omega issues, and coordinating on the individual series they're each writing in this arc. And Silk still has Tana Ford while Spider-Gwen gets All-New Wolverine's cover artist Bengal.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, Hopeless, Thompson, and Latour are collaborating on the Alpha and Omega issues, and coordinating on the individual series they're each writing in this arc. And Silk still has Tana Ford while Spider-Gwen gets All-New Wolverine's cover artist Bengal.
    Thank you for clarifying!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

And it's out!! Thought it was a fun issue and a good intro to anyone who isn't reading all or any of the Spider-Ladies books. The art wasn't my favorite - how the artist drew the eyes turned me off a little bit. But we get Bengal for Gwen, Joelle Jones for Spider-Woman, and Tana Ford for Silk. And there's a different artist on Spider-Women Omega.

What did you all think?

I'm on the edge about getting this. Right now I only read Spider-Woman and don't know if I want to invest in the cross-over. I may wait until Spider-Woman #6 (wouldn't miss a Joelle Jones issue!) to see if I need to read the whole story.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers