Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Would you prefer a young justice book?

With the teen titans book lunching this October with young Damien and wally and John Kent on superman title and supersons it seems like the "third generation" is getting pushed aside in favour of a new generation of heroes but do they need to be teen titans?,instead what I would've preferred was to keep the third gen with Bart and Kon and cassie and time and make a new young justice book with Damien,wally (as a band new speedster),emiko,John Kent,cass(as black bat),and nobody,damian's friend,what do you think of this and do prefer a young justice book too?

BANNED

Hell yes im all for a new YJ book.

Not saying no to a Titans and TT book,even though all of those characters in both books belong together.

YJ team for me
    Kon
    Tim
    Bart
    Cassie
    Ms martian
    Aqualad
    Artemis
    Blue beetle
    Static
    Damage (grant emerson) the ultimate legacy hero.

Make them a covert type of super team if the conventional type team is played out already.

There's room for all three.
    Just give each team a different purpose or angle.

Maybe Young Justice could be a Justice League funded team. Like a Junior Justice League.
    With Zatanna, Cyborg and Red Tornado acting as trainers.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

i'd be down for a yj book. just put kon, tim, cassie and bart in it.

Titans

Nightwing
    Troja
    Arsenal
    Tempest
    Wally West
    Omen
    Bumble Bee
    Mal Duncan

Teen Titans

Robin (Damien)
    Superboy (Jon Kent)
    Blue Beetle
    Static
    Beast Boy
    Raven
    Terra
    Starfire

Young Justice
    Superboy (Connor)
    Red Robin
    Impulse
    Aqualad (Kaldur)
    Wonder Girl
    Artemis Crock
    Ms Martian
    Aquagirl (Lorena)

I really think DC should stop introducing so many "new" teen character as there are quite a few who have been under utilized and neglected!! These 24" teen" characters are probably DC's most popular and notorious ones. 15/24 are connected to an older hero, 10/24 are female, and 7/24 are POC. Awesome line-ups too

Teen Titans and Young Justice would be redundant, not too mention we now also have the Titans. Plus the "third generation" are just in terrible shape nowadays. Like awful.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-31-2016 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Teen Titans and Young Justice would be redundant, not too mention we now also have the Titans. Plus the "third generation" are just in terrible shape nowadays. Like awful.
    Each one can have a different purpose and story-line. Just because they're young heroes it doesn't mean it's the same and there for "redundant".
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

At their core they are similar concepts. Better for them maximize and focus on what they have right now, then create multiple similar teams of young heroes that can do the things the others can do and vice versa. DC's young hero books haven't been that great, iirc their Young Justice line was the first to fall in the New 52 even. So im sorry, but I don't think i would be a good idea for DC to double down or triple down on teams of their young heroes right now. Especially when the "third generation" is in the state that they currently are, and not to mention made up the cast of the last Teen Titans.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-31-2016 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    How is it redundant? Teen Titans and Young Justice are two different concepts about DC's teen heroes. Young Justice is filled with legacy heroes, the next generation of the JL, under training and being guided by current leaguers. It would be similar to Marvel's Young Avengers. Whereas Teen Titans is a group of teenage superheroes trying to find their place in the superhero world, a family of teens drawn together to learn to control their powers and fight crime (ala the X-men). Plus the casts are completely different and have different personalities.

But if you must only have one Teen Titans team (young heroes team) I'd go with this line-up:

Robin (Damien)
    Superboy (Jon)
    Beast Boy
    Blue Beetle
    Static
    Raven
    Terra

Mentors: Nightwing, Starfire
    Last edited by El_Gato; 03-31-2016 at 06:41 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Young Justice
    Superboy (Connor)
    Red Robin
    Impulse
    Aqualad (Kaldur)
    Wonder Girl
    Artemis Crock
    Ms Martian
    Aquagirl (Lorena)
    Swap out Aquagirl and Artemis for Empress and Secret. Otherwise every character is a Mini-Me of the Justice League.

That's the point. Young Justice are the legacy (in some eyes the mini-me versions) of the League. I'd like to keep it that way.

Astonishing Member

That's the point. Young Justice are the legacy (in some eyes the mini-me versions) of the League. I'd like to keep it that way.
    Your Titans line-up has the original sidekicks of Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman and Green Arrow.

Your Young Justice line-up has the second/third sidekicks of Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman and Green Arrow.

This is kind of the problem DC runs into when they make too many versions of the same character.

I could never bring myself to care about the YJ4, and from what I've heard, they haven't been written well in years and need a break, so I'd say that I wouldn't prefer a YJ book. However, the new TT roster is even more boring. Beast Boy and Raven are not interesting characters at this point and have far overstayed their welcome on the team. Starfire is way older than a teen and Damian isn't even a teen (or a team player) so I don't have much interest in the new TT either. I guess that makes me neutral. I will say that cramming too many generations of teen heroes will drastically age the Justice League, so we can't just keep making new teams of Titans for each new Robin, especially at the rate they seem to be churning out now.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

That fits the Teen Titans more. Young Justice should be about teens just hanging out while saving the world from time to time. They shouldn't take themselves too seriously but they know when to throw down. Now whether there's anyone at DC who can pull that off I'm not sure. Maybe Palimotti could.

How is it redundant? Teen Titans and Young Justice are two different concepts about DC's teen heroes. Young Justice is filled with legacy heroes, the next generation of the JL, under training and being guided by current leaguers. It would be similar to Marvel's Young Avengers. Whereas Teen Titans is a group of teenage superheroes trying to find their place in the superhero world, a family of teens drawn together to learn to control their powers and fight crime (ala the X-men). Plus the casts are completely different and have different personalities.

But if you must only have one Teen Titans team (young heroes team) I'd go with this line-up:

Robin (Damien)
    Superboy (Jon)
    Beast Boy
    Blue Beetle
    Static
    Raven
    Terra

Mentors: Nightwing, Starfire
    Teen Titans is filled with legacy heroes too. A number of the hypothetical cast members we are seeing here would be sharing the same legacy, and have a "next generation" above them.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-31-2016 at 07:08 PM.