Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Poll: How Many Stars Would You Give "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice?"

How Many Stars Would You Give "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice?"

The critics have had their say on "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice," but now we want to know what YOU think! How would you rate the film?

Vote on the poll here.

BANNED

I would give it 2.5, but because the poll won't let me i'll be generous and award it with 3/5.

3 stars just because Batman and Wonder Woman are in it.

All-New Member Dinah Draws The Things's Avatar

It's early yet but 4 and 3 stars are ahead and 5 stars is right behind 3 and 1 and 2 are lagging behind.

So far this makes me super happy.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    I would give it 2.5, but because the poll won't let me i'll be generous and award it with 3/5.
    same exact thing I did

2 stars. 1 star for Wonder Woman. 1 star for Justice League sequences.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

4 Stars, outside the issues with sequencing and being gimmer than it should I honestly think it's a great movie, and much of the casting is brilliant. I have confidence that Justice League and Wonder Woman will come out well.

Fantastic Member

I saw the movie last night. I went in with very low expectations, given the critical drubbing the film took. Quite frankly, I was pleasantly surprised. The 2 + hours just whizzed by, for me. I have complaints - I don't like the level of violence, or Batman's willingness to kill, or the fact that the first time we see Superman he (apparently) murders another man in cold blood (maybe not, but it sure looks that way). The overall atmosphere of grimness and darkness does not do it for me.

On the other hand, I thought there was a lot in the film to recommend and admire. Wonder Woman was great, and I still hold out hope that WB will let her fly, as she should (that wasn't clear in the film and I'm clinging to that!) The conflict with Doomsday was well done. The battle between Superman and Batman, while completely unnecessary, was also well handled. The build up to it was pretty good. I think that many critics found the film "inaccessible" and I can easily understand why. While I had absolutely no problem with Batman's dreams/premonitions, I can certainly see where someone unfamiliar with the source material would be lost. It was, in many ways, a film accessible mostly to fans.

All of this being said, it was still a good movie and offers some hope for the future. Looking forward to what Patty Jenkins does with Diana. Here's hoping that she gets her full range of powers.

A solid 4 stars. Not the best movie ever but definitely not bad by any stretch. I like my superheroes dark and serious. Especially Batman.

I really enjoyed it and am planning on seeing it again this weekend.

Extraordinary Member

3stars. The voting pattern is similar to the 170thousand + votes on IMDB. It has 40% on 9 and 10 out of 10!at the moment, but over the last few days the 7 and 8 vote has been stronger.

Probably a higher number of one stars here than on IMDB but comic fans judge harshly.
    Last edited by brettc1; 03-31-2016 at 03:05 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

It's something fun to do but the problem with polls like these and other online polls like Rotten Tomatoes is people who haven't even seen the movie can still vote on it. While most professional critics have actually seen the movie before giving their verdict.

3.5/5 /10char

Amazing Member

No 4.5 so I voted 5.
    Seen it twice, going again tomorrow with several mates.
    Cinema doesn't have enough seats together for us all so will have to split up. C'est la vie!
    Still don't understand most supposed plot holes, it has a few but many I've read are due to misunderstandings or not paying attention.
    I was entertained. Looking forward to the next DC movies.

I'll vote tomorrow after I see it a 2nd time and have a clearer picture in mind.
    Life is but a dream

Five Stars Yo!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.