Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default do they really have to make scrappy doo evil in the scoopy apocalypse comic book?

http://www.tfaw.com/Comics/Profile/S...pse-2___501884

"The apocalypse continues as Scooby and the gang explore a mysterious facility that may hold the key to their survival. Little do they know that a particularly powerful puppy and his gang of mutated mutts are waiting in the shadows-and they're ready to attack!"

are you kidding me?! scrappy doo is the villain just like the first live action movie just why? why do we have to be reminded that fans hate scrappy doo by refusing to make him a better character and instead make him a heartless villain

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

They can't just not use him, because you've got to keep your trademarks fresh. And, so many people do, apparently, love to "hate" him.

I've never really understood the antagonism. If anything has ever seemed "hipster" to me, it's overpriced cereal cafes and "hating" Scrappy Doo.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

it's just cliche to say oh everyone scrappy sucks! let's all shame him into becoming a villain

I was 11 when I saw the 2004 scooby doo film and remember being really confused about Scrappy being a villain. It wasn't til much, much later that I learned of the whole Scrappy hate thing. I think it's more a vocal group on the net, as most people I know either like him or are more indifferent to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    it's just cliche to say oh everyone scrappy sucks! let's all shame him into becoming a villain
    Was this even well received when the Scooby Doo movie did it? I heard even some people who hated Scrappy thought it was dumb.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 04-01-2016 at 05:59 AM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I was too old (14) when Scrappy was created to think of him as a beloved animated character like others that I loved when I was younger. Yet, I never thought he was an abominable character. I know my younger siblings thought he was great and would mimic his popular catchphrases back then. Why turn him bad then? Seems kind of petty to me.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Amazing Member

Not really being a Scooby-Doo fan, let me ask you this:

How do you think Scrappy-Doo would factor into this BALLS CRAZY story? If you think Scrappy being the villain is too much for a story that features a hipster Shaggy, laser gun-toting Daphne, and tatt'd Fred (I think it was Fred, I haven't seen the teaser in a bit).... this seems RIGHT in the wheelhouse of everything else.

A phrase I've taken a liking to is, "Yeah, that seems like something they'd do. Not that it's okay, but it's normal." I feel it definitely applies here.

Not having seen any of the Scooby-Doo movies . . . not really having watched many Scooby-Doo cartoons when I was younger . . . having read many of the OP's threads before . . . all I can say is:
    WHY CAN'T YOU JUST WAIT AND READ A COMIC BOOK BEFORE MAKING A JUDGEMENT CALL?!?

(My apologies for yelling.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Not having seen any of the Scooby-Doo movies . . . not really having watched many Scooby-Doo cartoons when I was younger . . . having read many of the OP's threads before . . . all I can say is:
    WHY CAN'T YOU JUST WAIT AND READ A COMIC BOOK BEFORE MAKING A JUDGEMENT CALL?!?

(My apologies for yelling.)
    Because Scrappy Doo being evil and hated has been done before? and it's only used as a tool to give into the fans hatred of the character instead of improving himhis

If You've Never Really seen scooby doo or know about how scrappy doo is then you cannot really comment on this thread like everything else

his freaking catchphrase is puppy power(which he always said before running straight towards monsters) which adds to the solicit mentioning a particularly powerful puppy

him being evil isn't original or cool it's just dumb and if anything actually making him a likable hero would be more original and unique than the tired old scrappy sucks ass let's make him into a hated villain schtick

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Because Scrappy Doo being evil and hated has been done before?
    We don't actually know that's what's going on, though.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Maybe the idea "powerful puppy and his gang of mutated mutts" is being used to unnecessarily explain why Scrapy could fully talk and walk upright and had freakish strength. When "normal" dogs like Scooby, couldn't.
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-01-2016 at 08:45 AM.

I'm still waiting for a major Scooby-Doo installment (cartoon, DTV, etc.) to take Scrappy and actually try and update or make the character work without turning him into a villain (the movie) or acknowledge him only to completely ignore him (Mystery Inc.).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Maybe the idea "powerful puppy and his gang of mutated mutts" is being used to explain why Scrapy could fully talk and walk upright. When "normal" dogs like Scooby, couldn't.
    interesting idea

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    We don't actually know that's what's going on, though.
    it clearly sounds like he's being prepped up to be a villain in the book

BANNED

Maybe they should make him an antihero if they can't make him evil. I've always despised Scrappy so I'm fine either way.

BANNED

Because Scrappy Doo being evil and hated has been done before? and it's only used as a tool to give into the fans hatred of the character instead of improving himhis

If You've Never Really seen scooby doo or know about how scrappy doo is then you cannot really comment on this thread like everything else

his freaking catchphrase is puppy power(which he always said before running straight towards monsters) which adds to the solicit mentioning a particularly powerful puppy

him being evil isn't original or cool it's just dumb and if anything actually making him a likable hero would be more original and unique than the tired old scrappy sucks ass let's make him into a hated villain schtick
    1. There you have your answer. They have done it before so why not Again?

2. Why cant he comment on it just because he hasnt experienced it? That has not stopped you from making all your threads.....

3. I dont think making him a villian is even that sure yet. We havent read it so maybe he is not actually a villian. But the thing is that even though many might not really hate him that much I doubt that many actually love him that much either. I grew up with those cartoons but I never really LOVED him. I didnt hate him but I dont love him either.