Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    All-New Member

While I suppose that Scrappy repeating the same mistakes would have been grating, I don't see how he is only a good character if he is literally flawless. It was nice to see growth in Scooby cast when Status Quo was given priority, but at the same time, looking back at his season one self, I still think it was a good character. A character who needed polishing, and over the course of several years, got exactly that. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I like Scrappy's flaws. I mean, I can't condone all of them, just like you can't quite condone raiding someone's kitchen when you're supposed to be solving their ghost problem, bribing your friends to do the dirty work in said ghost problem, or being incredibly cowardly when it would be more productive to not be. But if the writers "corrected" that, it would be kind of boring, wouldn't it? No more chase scenes, no more Scooby snacks, a lot shorter episodes because everyone would be putting in their all. And I'm glad that in thirteen ghosts, Scrappy is still Scrappy. He still wants to get rid of the bad guys and he still looks up to Scooby, but he's grown a bit. I just wish people would focus a bit more on what made him unique, because every flaw has a positive counterpart. As you watch the episodes, you begin to see that Scrappy wasn't trying to charge the ghost out of egomania, but because he wanted to help. I guess some people didn't like how energetic and perky he was, but it also meant he was a very good-natured soul. I thought his friendship with Flim Flam was too precious! It was neat seeing how a Lawful Good character got along with a Chaotic Good character. Scrappy being Lawful and Flim Flam being chaotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth_Brower View Post
    Can I just say, I'm amazed that in a 7 page thread talking about this I didn't see anyone link to the clip from Mystery Inc. a few years back that had a Scrappy Doo callback.

That's awesome!

No idea who that Flim Flam character is though. He must have appeared after Scrappy Doo (and my age) drove me away from the programme.

All-New Member

It's one thing to not like a character, it's another to take it a step further and rub it people's faces, "Why yes we hate him and he's not coming back! We even are having mystery inc promise not to speak about him! Watcha gonna do about it?" At that point, it's starting to become downright mean.
    As for the promo itself...I always got a guilty vibe from mystery inc. whenever they brought up that promise.