Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I agree.

This movie isn't about Diana. There's no need to delve heavily into her origin. You could maybe give the Cliff Notes of her origin, but that's as far as I'd take it.

Honestly, not revealing Diana's origin will probably increase the fan's interest in seeing a Wonder Woman movie. Just have this awesome lady come out of nowhere and show the world how great she is. Whet their appetites. Make them DEMAND more information.

"Okay? You guys want to know more about this lady? Here! Here's a whole movie just for her!"

That is EXACTLY what I'd do if I were running this show.
    Wow. Two years ago, and this post of mine turned out to be truly prophetic!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Great job then! And we've had more than what we bargained for, we're to have Wonder Woman BEFORE Justice League!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I don't think they've even thought about a sequel. If they had, they probably wouldn't have killed off the majority of her supporting cast after the first (That's not a spoiler, just a simple observation because of when this movie is set)
    Hang on, what are you talking about? A sequel to what? Whose supporting cast got killed of where?
    Last edited by Carabas; 09-13-2016 at 12:57 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I don't think they've even thought about a sequel. If they had, they probably wouldn't have killed off the majority of her supporting cast after the first (That's not a spoiler, just a simple observation because of when this movie is set)
    Steve and Etta may be dead in the modern day setting (though I think there have been reports of Chris Pine in London during JL filming, so who knows what's going on there), but there are other characters, both supporting and villains, that they can use.

Wow. Two years ago, and this post of mine turned out to be truly prophetic!
    Oh wow!!! You called it!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Hang on, what are you talking about? A sequel to what? Whose supporting cast got killed of where?
    the Wonder Woman Solo film takes place in World War 1. AKA 100 years ago.

Wasn't an issue for Captain America.

That only means Steve and Etta might be dead by the time of her sequel. The Amazons? They're immortal. They'll still be around. And Diana can always acquire a new supporting cast in the modern age. That Kapatellises? Cassie? Donna? Trevor Barnes? Plenty of other options for a supporting cast.

And that's assuming that Steve doesn't somehow become immortal, or spend a century on Paradise Island, or get resurrected by one god or another by the modern age.

There is nothing going on that precludes Diana getting a sequel.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

There's also the fact that losing part of her supporting cast in a film series with a finite narrative isn't that big of a deal. The lack of a stable supporting cast with the likes of Steve and Etta (among others) floating in and out of the book, or getting rebooted away before being brought back in, etc. has always been a major weakness of the property. But films are a different beast, and hopefully Patty Jenkins will retain creative control for the possible film series so the transitions between casts and settings are smoother than anything we get in the comics.

That only means Steve and Etta might be dead by the time of her sequel. The Amazons? They're immortal. They'll still be around. And Diana can always acquire a new supporting cast in the modern age. That Kapatellises? Cassie? Donna? Trevor Barnes? Plenty of other options for a supporting cast.

And that's assuming that Steve doesn't somehow become immortal, or spend a century on Paradise Island, or get resurrected by one god or another by the modern age.

There is nothing going on that precludes Diana getting a sequel.
    Steve an Etta in a sequel could also easily just be decedents of the originals too, that's how they managed it in the TV series when it skipped ahead 30 years from WWII to the 1970s

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Steve an Etta in a sequel could also easily just be decedents of the originals too, that's how they managed it in the TV series when it skipped ahead 30 years from WWII to the 1970s
    Yeah, but as far as Steve is concerned? Having Diana fall in love with a man, and then the man's grandson 100 years later, just seems really creepy.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Is there anything that stops the sequel being set in the same time period?

Honestly though, I am very much not heartbroken over the prospect of Wonder Woman films without Steve or Etta in them.