Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    The patch broke my game.
    Sorry to hear that.
    I've actually been crash-free since the update.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Today's update...

Level 20

Heroes:
    Hawkeye 25
    Iron Fist 24
    Wasp 23
    Black Widow 22
    Ant-Man 19
    Drax 19
    Groot 19
    Hank Pym 19
    She-Hulk 19
    Vision 19
    AoU Vision 18
    AoU Captain America (new) 10
    CW Captain America (new) 10
    Black Panther (new) 2

Story Chapter 3 - Finished
    PVP Rank 2
    Spec Ops 2 - Task "Sea Tiger"... Task 11, it looks like, taking the Captain America path.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 04-28-2016 at 06:35 PM.

Some notes...

Story Mission 1-6 Normal has the best gain for Spec Ops Tokens.
    Missions cost 6 and you get 5 Tokens per battle with Allies.
    Goblin fight costs 10 and, if you're like me, you may not have a Spider-Man Ally. But it's best to go ahead and fight him to get the Roulette.

Spec Ops upscales your heroes to Level 30. So don't worry about having low level characters.
    They are still restricted to the Abilities and Iso Crystals you've slotted, though.
    So they're only getting a big boost in their base stats.

As for my update... I'm going to change to weekly updates.
    So I'll post progress on Saturday or Sunday.

So, I'm still at the mercy of the re-install gods.

I've managed to get the following over the Level 9 barrier: Wasp, Hank Pym, Vision, Drax, and AOU Hawkeye. They are at various points along the journey to 19.

Picked up Luke Cage.

I'm solidly at 15/14 level for PVP. I can't progress due to tough opponents but I don't lose any ground either. I'm happy with that, since this is my first go-around.

Spec Ops 2 is quite fun. Gone through each mission once so far.

I've noticed Black Widow does huge damage. I certainly need her on my roster.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

I'm loving Spec Ops 2.
    The path choosing aspect was a great idea. And I like that the heroes are upscaled, so even if you have to rely on a different hero they're at least competent.

And again, I must say that I'm glad that Spec Ops uses its own energy. Probably the best improvement so far.

Hawkeye and Black Widow can be a formidable team. They both have Stun and they both have an Area Attack. I combine that with Iron Fist for Group Heal and the Chi Blast.

My usual PVP strategy is to Stun the first two opposing heroes with Hawkeye snd Widow, keep the group Healed with Iron Fist and then do Ballerina or Multi-Arrow if they're half dead, Rapid Shot or Chi Blast if someone isn't down low enough or if there's a hero I really need to get rid of (Healer or potential Stun or Massive Damage).
    And I always focus on taking out Iron Fist, Hawkeye, Black Widow and Black Panther first to break their forces down.
    Hulk can be deadly, but he's slow. Usually if he can be stunned, he's neutralized.

Note that the AI isn't the smartest and even if they have a healer, they may not heal their dying when they should.
    And the AI usually doesn't concentrate on attacking one hero at a time, spreading the attacks out. Which gives you time to heal everyone.

I had a massive win streak until Rank 2. Then dropped back to 3. Then back to 2. Think I'm gonna stay there and focus on Spec Ops.

Btw, I've noticed that if you change your leader to someone you don't see often in your Allies list, you tend to get chosen more often for battles. After I switched from Hawkeye to Iron Fist I've been raking in Silver from Allies teaming up with me.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 04-30-2016 at 12:41 PM.

That's good to know regarding switching out leaders.

Yeah, Spec Ops 2 is fun. I like it better than 1 so far. It's nice of PD to let 1 go indefinitely, too.

I picked up Civil War Cap. Got him to 9 but have not used him yet.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    That's good to know regarding switching out leaders.

Yeah, Spec Ops 2 is fun. I like it better than 1 so far. It's nice of PD to let 1 go indefinitely, too.

I picked up Civil War Cap. Got him to 9 but have not used him yet.
    If you took Captain America's path he'll actually come in handy for one of the tasks.
    I'm currently on the task where I have to fight 12 opposition heroes. Which means running through Mission 2 three times. Four down, eight more to go...

Another trick... if you have max energy, do some story missions so you'll continue to recharge energy.
    If you're at or over your max (from leveling up) it doesn't charge.
    It's easy to get busy in Spec Ops and forget to do that.

Same with Scouting. Don't let it stay at max.

Yeah, I burn through my energies appropriately. Playing for 4 years of MAA1 has taught me to be efficient about it. I like this game's format better in that Spec Ops doesn't consume both the item and energy (whereas MAA1 uses both u-isos and energies). I'm still thinking about how it may be close whether or not I complete it in time based on how much spare time I have.

For Spec Ops, I had chosen IM first. Looking forward to seeing Cap's POV.

EDIT:

Surely, they can raise the cap of the iso inventory a bit? I've sold off most of my low level isos. I don't dare get rid of the rare ones. I'm even selling off or destroying duplicates of 3-starred, higher level ones.
    Last edited by hulahulk; 05-01-2016 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Yeah, I burn through my energies appropriately. Playing for 4 years of MAA1 has taught me to be efficient about it. I like this game's format better in that Spec Ops doesn't consume both the item and energy (whereas MAA1 uses both u-isos and energies). I'm still thinking about how it may be close whether or not I complete it in time based on how much spare time I have.

For Spec Ops, I had chosen IM first. Looking forward to seeing Cap's POV.

EDIT:

Surely, they can raise the cap of the iso inventory a bit? I've sold off most of my low level isos. I don't dare get rid of the rare ones. I'm even selling off or destroying duplicates of 3-starred, higher level ones.
    The ISO Crystal management can be a nightmare.
    I've sold off all my lowest and everytime it says I need to sell some I cringe. Hate making decisions.

I did put two low level Crystals on Black Panther for the Stealth-at-start trait. Just so I wouldn't accidentally sell them since they were the only two I had.
    I really wanted them on Black Widow but they were the wrong colors and too low of a level.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    The ISO Crystal management can be a nightmare.
    I've sold off all my lowest and everytime it says I need to sell some I cringe. Hate making decisions.

I did put two low level Crystals on Black Panther for the Stealth-at-start trait. Just so I wouldn't accidentally sell them since they were the only two I had.
    I really wanted them on Black Widow but they were the wrong colors and too low of a level.
    I would like to be able to sort them by symbol. That's more important than color or amount of stars.

I agree. It definitely would be nice to sort by symbol.

Time for my update...

Level 23

Heroes:
    Hawkeye 29
    Iron Fist 29
    Wasp 29
    Black Widow 28
    Ant-Man 19
    Black Panther 19
    AoU Captain America 19
    CW Captain America 19
    Drax 19
    Groot 19
    Hank Pym 19
    She-Hulk 19
    Vision 19
    AoU Vision 18
    Daredevil (new) 9
    AoU Hulk (new) 9
    Iron Man (new) 9
    Luke Cage (new) 9
    Nova (new) 9

Story Chapter 3 - Finished and Farming 1-6
    PVP Rank 25
    Spec Ops 2 - Last Task on Captain America path

Notes:
    1. I had to go back through Mission 2 on Spec Ops and fight Thor to unlock a path in Mission 3. Finishing up that Mission again before I go back into 3 to see if anything else is still locked.
    2. First day of PVP is brutal. Everyone's Rank 25 so I'm running across some doozies. I had an opponent one-shot kill my team on their first strike with Hawkeye.
    3. I used my Silver winnings to level everyone up.
    4. Just got the item to upgrade Groot to level 20 but short on Silver.
    5. Black Widow needed a lot of leveling because she's been sharing capsules with five other Infiltrators.
    6. Wasp has been getting a lot of leveling because she's my only Technician.

Update...
    7. Taking a break from farming 1-6 to fight Bowman in 3-1 so I can get Hawkeye to 2-Stars.
    8. Decided to go ahead and level up Iron Man to 10, so Groot will have to wait. May go ahead and level up the other 9th level heroes before resuming with Groot's progress.
    9. Made it to Rank 22 in PVP.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 05-01-2016 at 09:27 PM.

Finished Spec Ops 2 and got Falcon.
    After you finish, you'll be able to play the same side again as much as you want, like Spec Ops 1.
    However, if you want to play the other side it will cost $10 for a key to unlock it.

I, myself, don't mind.
    I can wait for Winter Soldier to appear in the Hero Pool, if he does.
    Meanwhile, people who do want to do both sides and pay the $10 will help fund the game and keep it going.
    Which is actually pretty good as otherwise I haven't seen a real reason to put money into it and was worried they wouldn't make anything off the game.
    If enough people buy the key, it'll definitely ensure the game will continue.

Besides... I now have 20 heroes and they're comsuming my resources. Lol.

I just hope they give more reasons to have a large group of heroes.
    I like how Spec Ops had restrictions on who you could use, and of course there's the deploys...
    But I think Quinjet missions or something like that would be nice.
    Or maybe Scouting Missions where you have to use heroes from a selected group or class.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Decided to reinstall the other day after finding out most of the bugs had been patched. I'm so far behind lol, but that's okay. I'm really liking Spec Ops. Finished the first mission for both chapters.

Just about ready to bump Wasp over the level 20 hurdle. Also got:
    She-Hulk - 18
    Hawkeye - 16
    Black Widow - 15
    Spider-Man - 10
    Rocket- 10
    Hank Pym - 10
    Iron Man - 5
    Civil War Captain America (new) - 1
    AoU Iron Man (new) -1
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

I finally got Hulk through the 20 barrier, up to 23. Iron Fist is new but sitting with everyone else at 19. Every time I close the app, I have to re-install. The tutorial is still a necessity. What's worse, I have to go further into it than before in order to get to the game settings so I can log in via FB.