Retired

Default So many spoilers. Must be April. (No spoilers, please)

As TV shows round the home stretch and movie theatres gear up for summer blockbuster season, I notice we're being bombarded with spoilers that have the potential to kill any surprises.

What's a good strategy for remaining spoiler free and avoiding the killjoys? Is it time to reserve that room in a cold dark cave?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    As TV shows round the home stretch and movie theatres gear up for summer blockbuster season, I notice we're being bombarded with spoilers that have the potential to kill any surprises.

What's a good strategy for remaining spoiler free and avoiding the killjoys? Is it time to reserve that room in a cold dark cave?
    Turn off the internet until May?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Turn off the internet until May?
    I'm tempted to do just that.

It's not too hard to avoid movie spoilers without that much trouble. Mostly common sense stuff. I tend not to watch trailers for movies that I already know I'm going to see (I made an exception to see Spidey in that Civil War trailer). My social media feeds are also somewhat curated to the point where I'm pretty sure I'm either muting or not following people who would spoil stuff. Don't click on any articles or message board threads that are likely to have spoilers in it.

I haven't seen BvS yet, and I have been spoiled for some things already, but I also haven't been trying too hard to avoid them once the movie came out. But I've managed to remain spoiler free for most big blockbusters from the past few years despite not seeing them opening weekend.

BANNED

I generally find avoiding spoilers very easy, but the CBRNews posts make it tough with sometimes very spoilerish thread titles.

I tend to stay away from this forum. But, darn it all to heck, even the Rumbles board will have spoilers in its threads. I'm good at putting on the brakes when scanning through threads if I sense anything I don't want spoiled.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I generally find avoiding spoilers very easy, but the CBRNews posts make it tough with sometimes very spoilerish thread titles.
    Exactly. Not that CBR is alone in this.