Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Foolery View Post
    Marvel wouldn't dare. The exodus of readership would be too staggering to contemplate.

Since its obvious at this point the O5 aren't returning to their timeline, and even if they did, it's pretty clear that arent actually the O5 from the 616's past, I really want to see the hellish alternative universe where the O5's absence caused a butterfly effect on that universe's history. Where's THAT Event, Marvel?
    That's a clever storyline. They haven't formally stated that they weren't from 616 past, right? Ultimately, I think that has to be the best solution because the effect on the timeline is too large otherwise, but I can see waiting some time for a revelation like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Foolery View Post
    This.

It's tedious and shows a lack of creativity.
    Couldn't agree more!

Marvel, I don't think you're allowed to kill off Dark Horse characters.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

BANNED

Is that with "Death of X" Marvel Comics was hinting at a likely "end" of the mutant titles line in a coming war between Mutants and Inhumans?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    Marvel events nowadays revolve around or have as a major component one of two things: someone dies or someone comes back to life.
    Or a mixture of the two

Also, Sansomon, I seriously doubt they're ending the mutant titles, I'll be the first to come on here and admit I was wrong if they did though but I strongly doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    That's a clever storyline. They haven't formally stated that they weren't from 616 past, right? Ultimately, I think that has to be the best solution because the effect on the timeline is too large otherwise, but I can see waiting some time for a revelation like that.
    No they haven't. And they may be officially clinging to that fiction.
    But the kids have been here for a couple years(the vagaries of a sliding time scale notwithstanding) and have gone thru obvious physical and mental changes. Angel has cosmic fire wings now, Iceman came out, Jean's TK prematurely manifested, etc. They couldn't go back to the moment Beast plucked them from the past having aged 2 or more years and with all those other changes. Unless there's some kind of Lion, Witch, Wardrobe retcon that magically happens when they go back.
    "You can talk your way out of almost anything." - Fortune Cookie Proverb

T. Foolery's unwieldy, yet not entirely unimpressive, collection of funny books.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

There's always magic reset buttons as options (de-aging, de-powering, memory wipes) so, in theory, there are options. Stupid options, mind you, but options.

There's always magic reset buttons as options (de-aging, de-powering, memory wipes) so, in theory, there are options. Stupid options, mind you, but options.
    Well given the Marvel we're dealing with these days, stupid option it is.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Superman View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Remender's work, but Old Man Steve ended up being a misfire in the grand scheme of things. The way it affected Hickman's Avengers story will always be a sore spot for me, too.

Glad he's young again.
    Actually I thought it worked out quite well in regards to Hickman's Time runs Out storyline. He didn't come out of that story with much credit, been shown as a bitter obsessive guy who was more intent on settling his personal vendetta against Stark and the Illuminati even though the world and the universe beyond was falling apart around them. It seemed out of character for the 'regular' Steve Rogers but for old man Rogers, it just somehow seemed a lot more plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Or a mixture of the two

Also, Sansomon, I seriously doubt they're ending the mutant titles, I'll be the first to come on here and admit I was wrong if they did though but I strongly doubt it.
    Okay, i got your word now.

Besides, Magneto is a holocaust survivor, so it's not like aging it's an actual problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, Cassie Lang was resurrected in AXIS. And the Richards family ascended to higher plane of existence at the end of Secret Wars.
    But the event itself was centered around it. It happened but the event was about inverted heroes and villains. Secret Wars was about Doom's reign. The synopsis itself didn't include Cassie being resurrected or Teed and his family ascending.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

If the time ever comes you'll most likely have to remind me of it since I will most likely forget this conversation

BANNED

Besides, Magneto is a holocaust survivor, so it's not like aging it's an actual problem.
    Magneto got turned into a baby, too. Then he got sped up to being an adult again, but not as old.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    AXIS? Standoff or Apocalypse Wars (if those count)? Secret Wars (does the whole "Everything Dies" count)?
    Infinity. Spider-Verse, Spider-Island. Age of Ultron. Prof x died in AvX, but the story didn't revolve around his death. It happened at the climax. Depending on how far back you want to go, there's more.
    Really, the only ones are "Original Sin", and presumably, "Dead No More". I might be missing some..?