Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Axel-In-Charge: "Death of X," "Dead No More" and Other Ominous Upcoming Marvel Stories

It's a conspicuous time for major Marvel stories, as Axel Alonso gives an idea of what to expect from "Death of X," "Dead No More" & "Civil War II."

Full article here.

Spectacular Member Sad Superman's Avatar

I'm a huge fan of Remender's work, but Old Man Steve ended up being a misfire in the grand scheme of things. The way it affected Hickman's Avengers story will always be a sore spot for me, too.

Glad he's young again.

I get the sense that X-men fans are kind of numb to everything at this point. Whether Death of X just details what happened to Cyclops off-panel or kills another big name, I don't think it's going to have the same impact it would have five years ago. Marvel has made it clear that they are willing to dismantle and denigrate the X-men in every possible way. They've killed Wolverine, Professor X, Cyclops, and Jean Grey. At this point, what else could they do that would really shock anyone? For now, I'll stick with X-men 92.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'll be reading these stories, I just hope they don't suck

Amazing Member

I think this Death of X will be something along the lines of killing the X-gene itself obviously having something to do with the inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Superman View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Remender's work, but Old Man Steve ended up being a misfire in the grand scheme of things. The way it affected Hickman's Avengers story will always be a sore spot for me, too.

Glad he's young again.
    Not to mention it didn't make much sense. He's been "de-serumed" before and still retained his youth. Why did he go old this time?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomidian View Post
    I think this Death of X will be something along the lines of killing the X-gene itself obviously having something to do with the inhumans.
    I doubt it'll be that personally. If it is I'll buy a hat just to eat it though. I think it's more to do with Cyclops going against the Inhumans and what happened there. I just don't see them getting rid of the X-Gene personally speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Nominus View Post
    Not to mention it didn't make much sense. He's been "de-serumed" before and still retained his youth. Why did he go old this time?
    And beyond that, he goes from needing a cane to walk around to going toe to toe with the Superior Iron Man armor that was able to defeat an Iron Legion with a modified War Machine suit with no explanation. What was the point of it all?

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Alonso: I think the entire industry is better when DC is healthy.
    So much truth in this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Nominus View Post
    Because the story demanded it. Make up any reason you want at the end of the day, the story was for old Steve to be replaced by Sam. Who cares about the meaningless minutia. Remender gave us a reason - his serum was sucked out. End of story, no need to think on it more than that. It was an artistic flourish that helped justify an interesting status quo shift.
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 04-01-2016 at 03:41 PM.

"Between "Black Panther," "Civil War II" -- in which he plays a big role -- and "Captain America: Civil War" -- in which he also plays a big role -- all eyes will be on the Panther, the first, and best, Black superhero."

He may be the first, but he ain't the best. That position goes to Luke Cage.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I get the sense that X-men fans are kind of numb to everything at this point. Whether Death of X just details what happened to Cyclops off-panel or kills another big name, I don't think it's going to have the same impact it would have five years ago. Marvel has made it clear that they are willing to dismantle and denigrate the X-men in every possible way. They've killed Wolverine, Professor X, Cyclops, and Jean Grey. At this point, what else could they do that would really shock anyone? For now, I'll stick with X-men 92.
    At this point, the ONLY move Marvel could make that would affect me is if they canceled "X-Men '92". Beyond that, the spirit of the X-Men has already been dead in the comics for quite some time.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Mighty Member

TBH, I am really enjoying the X-Men line after Secret Wars; it's been awesome... I was skeptical at firs, but the more I read, the better my perception of the franchise gets...

And if the "Death of X" is an X-Men even? Two X-Men events in 1 year! And the X-Men play a major part in Civil War II aka Marvel's summer blockbuster? How are people not more excited about this...

I mean, the X-Men are front and center again. I for one am thrilled

Fantastic Member

Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean and Professor X are all dead already, who is left to kill that would be considered a really big deal? Magneto is the only one I can think of.
    If it is just one character being killed of then I hope it's Storm. I just really have not liked what they have done with storm ever since Marvel Now started.
    Death of the X-gene would make sense in story due to this whole Terrigenesis thing but they would be crippling thur biggest Team franchise if they did that so that would just be stupid.

Really hope Dead no More lives up to it's hype cause a plain old generic evil doc ock is not impressive, guess it all really hinges on this "Jackal" in Red guy.
    DC: Action Comics, Batman, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman Off World, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, JG: Flash, JL vs. Godzilla, JSA, Nightwing, Shazam, Superman, Titans, Beast World

Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Fall of the House of X, Fantastic Four, Resurrection of Magneto, Spectacular Spider-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, WolverineL Madripoor Knights, X-Men

Spectacular Member

I'm actually enjoying Uncanny X-Men a lot and All-New X-Men is pretty good too. I do miss the days when the X-franchise ruled the roost at Marvel too. I don't think Marvel is trying to dismantle the franchise on purpose I just think every time they try to reinvigorate it or change it up, it doesn't really work. They're back to being almost extinct and that's actually not that exciting. I think that having an over abundance of mutants is kind of a problem but having them in continuous "survival mode" is also not really great.

At least we are getting two flavors of X-Men right now with the '92 book and the modern stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    TBH, I am really enjoying the X-Men line after Secret Wars; it's been awesome... I was skeptical at firs, but the more I read, the better my perception of the franchise gets...

And if the "Death of X" is an X-Men even? Two X-Men events in 1 year! And the X-Men play a major part in Civil War II aka Marvel's summer blockbuster? How are people not more excited about this...

I mean, the X-Men are front and center again. I for one am thrilled
    Sure, because that's totally what we need, more dead X-men.