BANNED

Default Let's rebuild the x-corporation....

Just as a way to get different opinions and build a new team/book since the x-books are kind of skimpy these days. I know Storms team is supposedly saving mutants but they are only getting to a few. I always thought that the idea of X-corporation was a pretty good one but just not really explored all that much. So I was thinking there are quite a few missing mutants who may or may not be dead but are definitely in writer limbo. This is actually an idea from another thread but the thought of a team that does search and rescue for mutants and champions mutant right internationally is a good one. And in the current landscape maybe they protect and help mutants who don't want to come to the school or who can't come there.

I picture this being a great role for Emma Frost to run it. There are other candidates of course but this just seems like a natural progression for Emma and I think she's be great at it. She obviously knows how to run an international corporation and mutant leadership just kind of fits her.

So who would fit the role as an agent of a rebuilt X-corporation under Emma Frost? Or if not Emma who would you have run it and be a part of the group?

BANNED

Emma and her gal friday Sage run everything.

As part of the group I could see a ton of the "missing" X-People like Dani, Rachel, Bishop, Quire, Warpath, Wolfsbane, Magma, Daken, Chamber, Pixie, Frenzy, Havok and others. So many great characters just going to waste.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

It would be so nice to have a team of non-alpha characters far from USA and doing something different of dealing with the zillionth destruction of the multiverse! Whoever gets on with it can totally count on me .

The last X-Factor was kind of X-corporation and the New Avengers is doing the same sort of thing. I'd like to see an X-collective instead. Less top down bureaucracy and more of a chaotic anti establishment vibe.

Karma and Husk would be the primary idealists running the thing and we'd have a lot of interaction with the Morlocks and assorted outcasts. X-Men as social activists and each issue would have a flyer on the first page on whatever cause Paige was championing this week.

Ultimate Member

The last version of X-Factor was more like one company playing judge, jury, and executioner by doing it's own thing and having it's own private team of mutants at its beck and call that were constantly being spied upon and recorded...not something that I'd want repeated...

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post
    The last X-Factor was kind of X-corporation and the New Avengers is doing the same sort of thing. I'd like to see an X-collective instead. Less top down bureaucracy and more of a chaotic anti establishment vibe.

Karma and Husk would be the primary idealists running the thing and we'd have a lot of interaction with the Morlocks and assorted outcasts. X-Men as social activists and each issue would have a flyer on the first page on whatever cause Paige was championing this week.
    I pretty much had the same idea not too long ago. It's a really good way to have the characters branched out and have individual stories told while not completely wrapped up in the main storylines from the Marvel Universe. Paige Guthrie would act as a kind of case worker for mutants who were either Off the Grid or in hiding or not willing to work with the X-Men proper. I love the idea of her team being activist and they're being activist left artwork displayed on each cover. It would add a new dimension and an interesting angle to the xbooks and to the Marvel Universe in general.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post
    I'd like to see an X-collective instead. Less top down bureaucracy and more of a chaotic anti establishment vibe.

YES, PLEASE (mainly the bold sentence) *tears*

Honestly, I always found hard to understand how muties could be so much sensitive to their own cause and so little to others' (aside of racism). Just a few of them could probably get rid of famine! That's why I think Nightcrawler's second mini (2002) was, at least, interesting and innovative.

http://marchhare2.deviantart.com/art...edom-377257154

BANNED

The x-activist idea is all well and good but I still think that can be accomplished in an x-corporation type book. I like Karma and Husk being the face of that as it would make the book have a richness in depth. I don't read and don't care about New Avengers and X Factor was cancelled so in my opinion we don't have this type of book right now and we need one. Maybe it could explore the situation of the many unseen mutants that came about after AVX. It might be sort of interesting to have the Mutant Sans Frontiers idea in play but of course in exchange for support of the cause.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

X- Incorp

Base Utopia Domed for Tmist and have a contract with San Fran for Superhero support.
    Leaders-Emma,Sage top level. Namorita bottom level with Atlantian survivors.

Space team -prosh lands with the other space travlers and join in second arc after Emma Sage and Namorita vow to avenge Namor.
    Cypher
    Warlock
    Gosyamer
    Prosh
    Lila Cheney
    Slipstream
    Lifeguard

Street team
    Warpath
    Firestar
    Penance
    Mimic