Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default What happened to Sleepwalker?

I remember collecting his series in the 90's. Has he been in anything the past few years?

The last thing I remember seeing him in was Marvel Team-up back in ... 2005 or 06. Something like that.

He was part of a story where a villain came from the future and killed EVERYBODY. The only heroes left to stop him where Speedball, Darkhawk, Dagger, Arana, X-23, Terror, Gravity, and of course Sleepwalker. They had to go into the future where they team up with somebody called Mutant 2099 (I have no idea where that came from) and stop him before he went back in time and killed everybody.

... Which also meant they were stuck in the future because they changed time and there was already a them in the past.

I belive the team was briefly shown again in an issue with Squirrell Girl, but that's the last actual story I remember him doing anything in.

Incredible Member

I think that was his last appearance. That one, and a new version of Sleepwalker that appeared in the quickly cancelled Marvel Anthology, were both written by Robert Kirkman, as I recall. I didn't read that Marvel Team-Up: League of Losers story that Alan2099 references, but having read the story in Marvel Anthology (and having put down the first tpb of Walking Dead after finishing and then never picking it up again), I'd say avoid Kirkman's Sleepwalker like the plague.

BANNED

I loved this when I was a kid. Liked how Sleepwalker was on Spidey's team to beat up all the baddies.

Last edited by Lando Calrissian; 06-21-2014 at 11:45 PM.

Last I saw him was in a Yost-written issue of Avenging/Superior Spider-Man Team up.

BANNED

Post SLEEPWALKER Live-Action Fan Trailer

http://www.newsarama.com/27811-sleep...n-trailer.html

So long as Rick Sheridan is the secret identity of Sleepwalker I'd like this to be made into a Marvel Netflix series! To me, a team-up with Netflix' Dardevil has the potential to be awesome!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lando Calrissian View Post
    I loved this when I was a kid. Liked how Sleepwalker was on Spidey's team to beat up all the baddies.

Tom Holland being the MCU Spider-Man is, to me, lead Ghost Rider, Sleepwalker, Deathlok and Hulk against them baddies in the MCU Spider-Man movie come july 2017!

I know he was in some comics a couple of years back but then he just dropped off the face of the earth. I collected some of his comics back in the day... I wonder if he'll ever show up again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lando Calrissian View Post

Ha I had that same issue and loved it too.

BANNED

Kirkman's take on the character was intriguing. Sad Marvel never followed up on this story.
    Sleepwalker would be a great character to see in a regular series again. Did Sleepwalker ever cross paths with Nightmare?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    The last thing I remember seeing him in was Marvel Team-up back in ... 2005 or 06. Something like that.

He was part of a story where a villain came from the future and killed EVERYBODY. The only heroes left to stop him where Speedball, Darkhawk, Dagger, Arana, X-23, Terror, Gravity, and of course Sleepwalker. They had to go into the future where they team up with somebody called Mutant 2099 (I have no idea where that came from) and stop him before he went back in time and killed everybody.

... Which also meant they were stuck in the future because they changed time and there was already a them in the past.

I belive the team was briefly shown again in an issue with Squirrell Girl, but that's the last actual story I remember him doing anything in.
    Apart from the Fantastic Four story already mentioned, Sleepwalker was also in Avengers: The Initiative.

All-New Member

I loved Sleepwalker . I think he'd make a great Netflix TV show, with cameos by the other Netflix heroes. With proper writing it could even make a fantastic feature film (check out that sweet alliteration).

I had this bad boy commissioned a few years back by Matthew Allison:
    Sleepwalker_Matthew_Allison.jpg

Amazing Member

Maybe Rick Sheridan now suffers from chronic insomnia and Sleepwalker gets out for a minute or so around a couple hundred times a night, going increasingly insane with anger and frustration. It'd be hard to be a superhero that way.

I can see it now: Sleepwalker almost makes it to the bedroom window and then Rick Sheridan hears the toilet flush in his next door neighbor's apartment.

(*Sleepwalker screams in frustration as he disappears for the 57th time that night*)

Did he ever get addicted to Sleeping pills? Because he seems the type of character who would...

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

I think that was a new Avengers Story Cage went out in a gruesome way.