Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Batman v. Superman" Dropped 71% at the Box Office on Friday

Despite a huge opening weekend, "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice" cannot seem to hold the box office, as it saw a drop in ticket sales on Friday.

Full article here.

Ouch. Time for Snyder to go, he's ruining the DCEU before it has it's chance to really get going.
    Favorite Marvel Superheroes (in no particular order): Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Wolverine (Logan), Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Black Bolt, Deadpool, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), The Thing, Cyclops, Emma Frost.

Favorite DC Superheroes (in no particular order): Batman, Batgirl/Oracle (Barbara Gordon), Zatanna, The Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Black Canary, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Shazam.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAWKEYE-321 View Post
    Ouch. Time for Snyder to go, he's ruining the DCEU before it has it's chance to really get going.
    I think it's too late.

Personal opinion of the film aside, it really looks like this is the result of negative opinion. I remember lots of people trying to say that critics and "haters" were wrong because it had such a huge opening weekend, I pointed out that the opening weekend shows how well it was marketed, whether that is then sustainable throughout its run is more of an indication of a films quality. A lot of those going to see it on opening weekend would have gone no matter what the reviews or public opinion said (like myself), whereas we're now getting to the crowds who are asking people whether it's worth seeing, taking note of what's been said online, looking at reviews.

I don't trust Snyder moving forward, so this is for the best if it means he's moved off the JL project. Its not too late to remove him at all, with the understanding that the movie would obviously be delayed.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Austin316 View Post
    Personal opinion of the film aside, it really looks like this is the result of negative opinion. I remember lots of people trying to say that critics and "haters" were wrong because it had such a huge opening weekend, I pointed out that the opening weekend shows how well it was marketed, whether that is then sustainable throughout its run is more of an indication of a films quality. A lot of those going to see it on opening weekend would have gone no matter what the reviews or public opinion said (like myself), whereas we're now getting to the crowds who are asking people whether it's worth seeing, taking note of what's been said online, looking at reviews.
    Yeah 2nd Weekend Decisive. 71% is huge for a blockbuster. You usually want under 50%.

Incredible Member

This film looks like it was a hit without being a success.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I don't trust Snyder moving forward, so this is for the best if it means he's moved off the JL project. Its not too late to remove him at all, with the understanding that the movie would obviously be delayed.
    I'd rather have a delayed better JL movie than sticking with Snyder and getting whatever he'd put out

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    I'd rather have a delayed better JL movie than sticking with Snyder and getting whatever he'd put out
    Paging George Miller? All is forgiven!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

The Deadly Hollows Part 2 had a 72% drop on its second weekend.

BANNED

71% isn't bad at all. The movie did its job regardless of its flaws. I don't like the direction they're going (especially if Injustice is in the future) but there's nothing I can do about it.

p.s. I like them hinting that the Injustice timeline exists but I'm hoping we don't go there. I'm not interested in seeing a Superman that I haven't been endeared to going bad. Show me Cavill being everything Superman is supposed to be before he goes bad so it will mean more.

Didnt it break records?

How much money was it supposed to keep when it was breaking records?

Extraordinary Member

The Twilight movies did the same. And it's at over half a billion already worldwide so.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    The Deadly Hollows Part 2 had a 72% drop on its second weekend.
    Wasn't that the last movie of a 12 year long franchise?
    G.O.A.T.: Greatest Of All Time now on Patreon. Please support or spread the word www.patreon.com/andrewhuerta

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    The Twilight movies did the same. And it's at over half a billion already worldwide so.
    I would hope the two biggest superhero icons would trend better than shiny emo vamps.