Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Maybe Batman V Superman should've used more dirty language like Deadpool.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure Superman throwing around F-bombs would have had some people jumping off buildings.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

WB already funded SS and WW and JL starts soon. I doubt that WB were foolish to fund all of them expecting BvS to gross 1bn. Just grossing higher than MoS I think WB will deem BvS a success, the fact that Batman is in it is negligible. It is a new Batman, new world. Case in point TASM grossed less than SM3 despite both films having Spider-man in the name. Batman Begins was no where near the power house that was it's successors, and WW has never been on the big screen before so we can't really gauge anything from that. So when people say BvS is a flop because a film staring Batman, Superman and WW only grossed XXX amount that is simply wrong, as the second film in the DCEU it needs to perform better then it's predecessor and it already has in 2 weeks, so yeah.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!

Oh...WAIT...The movie is at nearly 700 million in 10 days?

Yeah, relax. It's gonna do fine. Would it have done better if the reviews were good? Most likely, but it's gonna do at least 900 million now if not a full billion, and it will likely make bank on DVD/Bluray/digital, especially with the extended cut. 70 percent is not that large of a drop considering certain factors.

I do agree with the poster above that they should have saved the Wonder Woman and Doomsday stuff for the movie and not spoil those aspects in the trailers. Imagine the buzz in the theatre when within 30 minutes we go from Doomsday, to a full Wonder Woman reveal to the Death of Superman? That alone would have generated buzz that would have driven people to the theater, particularly the second week once all that came out among word of mouth. As it stood, we didn't really get any huge surprises in the movie aside from Superman's death and with Doomsday appearing, that was always going to be a possibility. I half expected it personally.

Hopefully in the future WB marketing keeps further surprises secret.

Batman v Superman is a huge success at 700 million and climbing.

Comics don't bring in a fraction of the money movies do.

Tv is contingent on ratings and advertising.

I understand if some people didn't like the movie, but to say it's not a success is a lie
    The J-man

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    THE SKY IS FALLING!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!

Oh...WAIT...The movie is at nearly 700 million in 10 days?

Yeah, relax. It's gonna do fine. Would it have done better if the reviews were good? Most likely, but it's gonna do at least 900 million now if not a full billion, and it will likely make bank on DVD/Bluray/digital, especially with the extended cut. 70 percent is not that large of a drop considering certain factors.

I do agree with the poster above that they should have saved the Wonder Woman and Doomsday stuff for the movie and not spoil those aspects in the trailers. Imagine the buzz in the theatre when within 30 minutes we go from Doomsday, to a full Wonder Woman reveal to the Death of Superman? That alone would have generated buzz that would have driven people to the theater, particularly the second week once all that came out among word of mouth. As it stood, we didn't really get any huge surprises in the movie aside from Superman's death and with Doomsday appearing, that was always going to be a possibility. I half expected it personally.

Hopefully in the future WB marketing keeps further surprises secret.
    This was a worry since they started ramping up the trailers several months ago. Loading TOO MANY of the movie's best scenes into the trailer is not good strategy.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I view Dawn of Justice as a 5/10 film, but I never doubted that it would make at least a billion. Now? Not even sure of that.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Wouldn't March Madness have prevented people from going to see BvS last Friday, then, when it had such a huge opening and broke records?
    Not as much, for two reasons:

1. The movie was OPENING last week.

2. Last week, it wasn't yet down to the Final Four. The way March Madness works, the closer you get to the end, the more intense the fan interest.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrikishaw View Post
    I view Dawn of Justice as a 5/10 film, but I never doubted that it would make at least a billion. Now? Not even sure of that.
    I think the same. next week the boss debuts on USA, then next wee after jungle book and then the huntsman movie (open earlier in some countries). there is some good competition for the movie

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    I think the same. next week the boss debuts on USA, then next wee after jungle book and then the huntsman movie (open earlier in some countries). there is some good competition for the movie
    Jungle Book is the only real competition.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Yea that's a hard drop. There's no doubt that the movie has pretty bad word of mouth. BvS will still make money but I think it may have damaged the Justice Leagues' chances at being an Avenger-tier franchise

Freaking Deadpool might make more domestically than BvS. Whoever saw that coming?

BANNED

I don't know if Jungle Book will be much competition (how much money did Pan make again?) but Id definitely expect another pretty big box office drop, especially when Huntsman comes out. Because let's face it, Ben Affleck vs Chris Hemsworth? No competition!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I don't know if Jungle Book will be much competition (how much money did Pan make again?) but Id definitely expect another pretty big box office drop, especially when Huntsman comes out. Because let's face it, Ben Affleck vs Chris Hemsworth? No competition!
    Pan was panned by critics and tanked, Jungle book I heard from some critics that is good and it is very kid friendly.
    it is bataffleck vs thor/furiosa/live action Elsa hahaha

BANNED

Pan was panned by critics and tanked, Jungle book I heard from some critics that is good and it is very kid friendly.
    it is bataffleck vs thor/furiosa/live action Elsa hahaha
    Charlize Theron and Emily Blunt in the same movie? I just might check that one out myself! Sorry Batfleck!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Charlize Theron and Emily Blunt in the same movie? I just might check that one out myself! Sorry Batfleck!
    There is some serious female hotness going on in that film, that's for sure!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Yea that's a hard drop. There's no doubt that the movie has pretty bad word of mouth. BvS will still make money but I think it may have damaged the Justice Leagues' chances at being an Avenger-tier franchise

Freaking Deadpool might make more domestically than BvS. Whoever saw that coming?
    John Schnepp lol.

Still, who cares? Avatar is the highest grossing movie of all time. Look at what Furious 7, and Jurassic World did? Nobody knows what movies are gonna do, BO wise, these days.