View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Latino character?

Voters
291. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aztek

8 2.75%
  • Aquagirl (Lorena Marquez)

4 1.37%
  • Bane

28 9.62%
  • Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)

65 22.34%
  • Bunker

5 1.72%
  • El Diablo

9 3.09%
  • Fire

24 8.25%
  • Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)

45 15.46%
  • Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)

36 12.37%
  • Hawkgirl (Kendra Sanders)

9 3.09%
  • Pantha

1 0.34%
  • Renee Montoya

35 12.03%
  • Vibe

16 5.50%
  • Other

6 2.06%
Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What if Yolanda Montez was re-imagined as a nagual?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagual
    Interesting. Also she’s making her live action debut on Stargirl, played by Yvette Monreal, like most of us assumed.

On a side note, evil Blue Beetle in the comics is pretty powerful! They gave him some new cool abilities! Hopefully we get to see Jaime in live action soon!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Who would you guys say are the most well known Latinx DC superheroes outside of comic book fans/in other media?
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by edpower View Post
    Who would you guys say are the most well known Latinx DC superheroes outside of comic book fans/in other media?
    Jaime Reyes
    Cisco Ramon
    Jessica Cruz
    Bea da Costa
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-18-2019 at 07:38 AM.

Jaime, Cisco and Jessica.

Jaime Reyes, Cisco Ramon and Jessica Cruz for superheroes. Renee Montoya might get an increase in notoriety if BOP is successful. If you include anti-heroes/villains, Bane and El Diablo are pretty known. But Jaime is definitely at the top

one for the list, Sofia Ramos aka Babylon

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Updated the list to include AZUCAR, Babylon and Teen Lantern. Had already added Sideways Fuerza and Miguel (Dial H)... DC’s been creating new Latino characters left and right recently. Which is a good thing! Hopefully there’s more to come! Jaime and Jessica are still at the top though

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Updated the list to include AZUCAR, Babylon and Teen Lantern. Had already added Sideways Fuerza and Miguel (Dial H)... DC’s been creating new Latino characters left and right recently. Which is a good thing! Hopefully there’s more to come! Jaime and Jessica are still at the top though
    They’ve been creating a number of minor characters who happen to be Latino. They still have a bad habit of not using any of them. Look at the DC promos and splash pages featuring a huge cast of superheroes and villains. We’re lucky to get Jessica as a representative and she’s usually standing/floating way behind Hal and John.

So it’s nice that they’re creating more diverse characters but it means nothing if they just end up as a blip and then quickly forgotten.

Still pisses me off that Jaime is hardly ever featured in the background of ensemble drawings of DC characters. With all of his mainstream appearances and the huge lack of Hispanic characters, you’d think the company would want to include him.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-07-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    They’ve been creating a number of minor characters who happen to be Latino. They still have a bad habit of not using any of them. Look at the DC promos and splash pages featuring a huge cast of superheroes and villains. We’re lucky to get Jessica as a representative and she’s usually standing/floating way behind Hal and John.

So it’s nice that they’re creating more diverse characters but it means nothing if they just end up as a blip and then quickly forgotten.

Still pisses me off that Jaime is hardly ever featured in the background of ensemble drawings of DC characters. With all of his mainstream appearances and the huge lack of Hispanic characters, you’d think the company would want to include him.
    Oh yeah Jaime should definitely be appearing in splash pages and ensemble shots way more than he currently is! Especially given his exposure outside of comics and DC’s lack of big Hispanic characters. Though I feel he may be getting a new solo series soon, if the pattern continues. Honestly I just want him on a team and active! Yeah I know he’s currently being used as a pawn of the Batman who Laughs, so hopefully that leads to something! He’s showcased some cool feats so far

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    we have confirmation from Joshua Williamson that August Heart/Godspeed is in fact Latino. I believe this makes him the first latinx speedster in DC.
    just adding the screenshot

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Adding Godspeed to the list now! That’s awesome!

Spectacular Member

I don't care about skin color but definitely Jessica Cruz, since her first appearence.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    just adding the screenshot

Glad that was revealed. So now we know we do indeed have a cool Latinx anti-Hero Flash character.

Wish the comic had more room for a relaxed atmosphere rather the need to keep pushing from one arc to the next in 6-issue intervals, as I would have preferred that had been revealed there rather than through "word of god" on twitter. This does raise new questions, though, like why did they feel the need to change their family name to Heart? Makes me wonder if Mr. Corazón (which still means Heart, but in Spanish) had a past he was trying to distance himself from.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 03-15-2020 at 08:20 PM.

After 4 years, Jessica Cruz has now caught up and surpassed Renee Montoya for second place! Crazy to think that back when I started this thread Jaime and Renee were easily leading and way ahead of the pack. Jess has certainly surged in popularity without a doubt

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    After 4 years, Jessica Cruz has now caught up and surpassed Renee Montoya for second place! Crazy to think that back when I started this thread Jaime and Renee were easily leading and way ahead of the pack. Jess has certainly surged in popularity without a doubt
    that's actually pretty astonishing, the surge in Jessica Cruz's visibility in the last few years has been pretty amazing.

the only negative about it is I wish DC could've done something similar for a latino character that supports their own franchise; a franchise you can infuse more latin culture into. Jessica Cruz is great but as a GL and being bound to that franchise, they'll always have a way to keep her as culturally neutral as possible since it's heavy scifi in space, and I'll always have that fear that no matter how big and successful she gets DC will knee cap her just to reaffirm Hal Jordan again like they've done to every other Lantern.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-13-2020 at 12:01 AM. Reason: 8 months later, a troll made me realize I had a typo

currently following: