View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Latino character?

Voters
291. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aztek

8 2.75%
  • Aquagirl (Lorena Marquez)

4 1.37%
  • Bane

28 9.62%
  • Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)

65 22.34%
  • Bunker

5 1.72%
  • El Diablo

9 3.09%
  • Fire

24 8.25%
  • Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)

45 15.46%
  • Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)

36 12.37%
  • Hawkgirl (Kendra Sanders)

9 3.09%
  • Pantha

1 0.34%
  • Renee Montoya

35 12.03%
  • Vibe

16 5.50%
  • Other

6 2.06%
Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    They recently introduced a new afro-latina character in the Flash named Fuerza. I really dig her, hope she sticks around.

Lol I thought she was a Green Lantern at first. I was like anothet one? Hope she sticks around too! Did they say what her ethnicity is? Hopefully she's Dominican. We don't have a lot of Latinos of Dominican decent in comics...
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Lol I thought she was a Green Lantern at first. I was like anothet one? Hope she sticks around too! Did they say what her ethnicity is? Hopefully she's Dominican. We don't have a lot of Latinos of Dominican decent in comics...
    That would have been nice but she's from Corto Maltese, which is a fictional country.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Her costume reminds me of a Green Lantern .
    I definitely see that and the glow doesn't help but I actually really like her costume design.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Love her look, costume, and name - Fuerza - "Strength-Force" user is terrific.
    Wish they'ed made her from anywhere real, besides freakin Corto Maltese which was a made up island from Miller's DKR pulled out his butt just so he had somewhere fake and a nondescript populace to nuke.
    And people default keep using it when they need someplace vaguely Latino Caribbean.
    Even then the name refers to Italian Hugo Pratt's Corto Maltese character (which is one of my favorites) which is in reference to the character's Mediterranean specifically Maltese(ian) birth.
    How the frak the cartoon character ends up the name of DC's most prominent Caribbean nation, it's borderline offensive
    Every time they use it, the whole thing just screams we really are a bunch of clueless aholes, have no idea what's in that part of the world and mostly we don't give a damn.

Please make her Puerto Rican, Dominican, Cuban, Panamanian, Colombian, or something remotely real!

Also the Spanish in the comic is jarring when it's off, how can a company like DC/WB still be so lapse in this, what do they just drop it in google translate and hope it works out close enough? This corporation seriously has no editor they can run this by? plus they live in LA now, you telling me they don't know or have a single spanish speaker on staff?

That said, again there is plenty to be positive about, she looks fantastic both as hero and civilian (Alexa Antigone(although Greek?)), and love the name Fuerza.
    And her logo like lightning-energy yet reworked into the strength of a mountain or seismic register, conveys that fuerza!
    She is a total badass! Hope she sticks around.

Last edited by Güicho; 12-23-2018 at 03:12 PM.

I added her to the list of characters on the first page. Is she a hero? Villain? Anti-Hero?

I'm also going to add the new Teen Lantern, but only when we learn her real name.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I added her to the list of characters on the first page. Is she a hero? Villain? Anti-Hero?

I'm also going to add the new Teen Lantern, but only when we learn her real name.
    Thus far, she's a straight hero. She fights against the corrupt police of Corto Maltese and created a shelter community inside a mountain for disenfranchised people of Corto Maltese. She appears to be a bit rough but not an antihero
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Yeah Flash is set up to be tricked into fighting her, they quickly realise they are on the same side, and she is helping her people, and they become quick allies, learning about these new "forces" together.
    And although it's all new for her, she's got plenty to teach Barry too.
    As lemonpeace indicates, she is all hero!
    Last edited by Güicho; 12-23-2018 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Get Amara la Negra to play her on the Flash TV show.

Oh-- what is Kyle Rayner's heritage that is Latinx?
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 12-23-2018 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Get Amara la Negra to play her on the Flash TV show.

Oh-- what is Kyle Rayner's heritage that is Latinx?
    Iunno about Amara, I haven't seen her act nor do i think she fits the buff sporty build of Angela but I think that's a good direction to take in casting the character. I would hate for them to pull a Vixen with this character if they did use her. I say go with a really compelling unknown and try to cast as visually faithful to the character as possible. I wouldn't hold my breath tho because...CW.

As for Kyle Rayner, I believe they retconned a while ago that he's half Mexican; on his Dad's side.

currently following:

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Iunno about Amara, I haven't seen her act nor do i think she fits the buff sporty build of Angela but I think that's a good direction to take in casting the character. I would hate for them to pull a Vixen with this character if they did use her. I say go with a really compelling unknown and try to cast as visually faithful to the character as possible. I wouldn't hold my breath tho because...CW.

As for Kyle Rayner, I believe they retconned a while ago that he's half Mexican; on his Dad's side.

If they used Powerhouse/Fuerza in the media. Her skin tone would probably be lighter to make her palatable to the masses and that would not sit right with me.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Mighty Member

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    If they used Powerhouse/Fuerza in the media. Her skin tone would probably be lighter to make her palatable to the masses and that would not sit right with me.
    That's my biggest fear for this character, especially because she's Latinx. Media has a problematic tendency of whitewashing afro-Latinos. In this day and age I don't even think it's a matter of mass palatability, the general public don't care, it's just an outdated idea that far too many people in charge buy into. That's why I wouldn't hold my breath having her appear on the Flash, they'll done casting better with Black Lightning but the fact that full black characters like Wally and both Vixens were cast with light skinned mixed actors will never sit right with me. I would rather her just have solid runs in the comics than put her on CW.

currently following:

Love it! Mask is a little drooped, but that is a fantastic take on Yolanda.
    Fan art?
    Is there a full shot, I imagine some vintage flexible lace-up black boxing boots?
    Last edited by Güicho; 12-24-2018 at 07:17 PM.

Mighty Member

Love it! Mask is a little drooped, but that is a fantastic take on Yolanda.
    Fan art?
    Is there a full shot, I imagine some vintage flexible lace-up black boxing boots?
    The artist on Border Town did this. I couldn’t find a full shot sadly. As much as I love this design. Her having black hair throws me off lol. I just find red hair visually striking. It sucks that her appearing depends on the JSA returning.

The artist on Border Town did this. I couldn’t find a full shot sadly. As much as I love this design. Her having black hair throws me off lol. I just find red hair visually striking.
    Although I've seen both, I do lover her with the red hair, agree it is striking.
    It could drive Grant wild, Yolanda could be a Canelo Álvarez fan.

Just an in case fyi; Canelo means cinnamon in Spanish, used for redheads in Spanish.

It sucks that her appearing depends on the JSA returning.
    Hope it doesn't just hinge on that, her character (like many Latino characters at DC) has been horribly mishandled. Well used for shock and awe canon fodder.
    Hopefully the rumors are true about the Star Girl TV show, and and she is well cast and gets some attention through the series.
    Last edited by Güicho; 12-24-2018 at 08:03 PM.

Love her look, costume, and name - Fuerza - "Strength-Force" user is terrific.
    Wish they'ed made her from anywhere real, besides freakin Corto Maltese which was a made up island from Miller's DKR pulled out his butt just so he had somewhere fake and a nondescript populace to nuke.
    And people default keep using it when they need someplace vaguely Latino Caribbean.
    Even then the name refers to Italian Hugo Pratt's Corto Maltese character (which is one of my favorites) which is in reference to the character's Mediterranean specifically Maltese(ian) birth.
    How the frak the cartoon character ends up the name of DC's most prominent Caribbean nation, it's borderline offensive
    Every time they use it, the whole thing just screams we really are a bunch of clueless aholes, have no idea what's in that part of the world and mostly we don't give a damn.

Please make her Puerto Rican, Dominican, Cuban, Panamanian, Colombian, or something remotely real!

Also the Spanish in the comic is jarring when it's off, how can a company like DC/WB still be so lapse in this, what do they just drop it in google translate and hope it works out close enough? This corporation seriously has no editor they can run this by? plus they live in LA now, you telling me they don't know or have a single spanish speaker on staff?

That said, again there is plenty to be positive about, she looks fantastic both as hero and civilian (Alexa Antigone(although Greek?)), and love the name Fuerza.
    And her logo like lightning-energy yet reworked into the strength of a mountain or seismic register, conveys that fuerza!
    She is a total badass! Hope she sticks around.

She looks cool although it is kind of a bummer that she is from a fictional country. I wonder how strong she is compared to other DC superbricks like the Super & Wonder families. Also, have the avatars of the Sage and Still force been revealed?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!