View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Latino character?

Voters
291. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aztek

8 2.75%
  • Aquagirl (Lorena Marquez)

4 1.37%
  • Bane

28 9.62%
  • Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)

65 22.34%
  • Bunker

5 1.72%
  • El Diablo

9 3.09%
  • Fire

24 8.25%
  • Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)

45 15.46%
  • Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)

36 12.37%
  • Hawkgirl (Kendra Sanders)

9 3.09%
  • Pantha

1 0.34%
  • Renee Montoya

35 12.03%
  • Vibe

16 5.50%
  • Other

6 2.06%
Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    the only negative about it is I wish DC could've done something similar for a latino character that supports their own franchise; a franchise you can infuse more latin culture into. Jessica Cruz is great but as a GL and being bound to that franchise, they'll always have a way to keep her as culturally neutral as possible since it's heavy scifi in space, and I'll always have that fear that no matter how big and successful she gets DC will knee cap her just to reaffirm Hal Jordan again like they've done to every other Lantern.
    I mean, when you see how they treat Hal in relation to her on the latest DCSHG, I wouldn't be too worried about that .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, when you see how they treat Hal in relation to her on the latest DCSHG, I wouldn't be too worried about that .
    hmm maybe but context is important here, I mean it is DC's Super Hero GIRLS Show and she is a main cast member; it wouldn't be a good look to have Hal do his usual green Space Jesus thing. while DC cares about Jessica enough to have her usurps Cyborg as leader of JL:O but remember she's only there because Hal hijacked her and Simon's book's finale before DC cancelled all GL books for a new Hal Jordan series. DC is doing good with Jess but if John, Guy, and Kyle all can get shafted then they gotta do something pretty substantive to alleviate that fear for me.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Hal still living rent-free in people's heads during a global pandemic in 2020. Goat. Stay safe everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hal still living rent-free in people's heads during a global pandemic in 2020. Goat. Stay safe everyone.
    you know, I've never understood people who think that any publicity is good publicity.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Eh, I guess I just find the tendency of Hal being blamed for everything wrong with the GL franchise to be kind of comical at this point.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-30-2020 at 05:17 PM.

A couple of new ones from the DC Zoom young readers novels.

Mateo Diaz / Doc from Batman: Overdrive
    Hes a genius who aids a young Bruce Wayne with building the first Batmobile.

Anti/Hero
    Piper Pájaro/Hummingbird
    Along with Gray Owl becomes a super hero duo protecting Gotham's East End and also getting to meet Batman.

we lost a good one today, DC just killed their first Latino flash family speedster. R.I.P August Heart aka Godspeed

currently following:

August Heart aka Godspeed
    Had no idea,

Someone have an issue or panel where this is discussed or shown?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-09-2020 at 05:16 PM.

we lost a good one today, DC just killed their first Latino flash family speedster. R.I.P August Heart aka Godspeed

Huh, did not see that coming.

(I wouldn't be surprised if Williamson revives him at the end of his run).

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Had no idea,

Someone have an issue or panel where this is disused or shown?

Thanks!
    there is no panel expanding on his latino heritage but the biggest in-panel indication toward him being Latino is he fact that his brother's name is Jorge. other than that, I was always of the school of thought basing it on his initial appearance when he was introduced, he looked pretty latin imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Huh, did not see that coming.

(I wouldn't be surprised if Williamson revives him at the end of his run).
    I'm torn on that. on one hand I would like him to return in the hope that they can expand on the character more thoroughly, but on the other hand I don't want to buy into the storytelling culture of inconsequential deaths and rebirths.

currently following:

I'm torn on that. on one hand I would like him to return in the hope that they can expand on the character more thoroughly, but on the other hand I don't want to buy into the storytelling culture of inconsequential deaths and rebirths.
    I mean, it's kind of a Speedster thing that they never stay dead .

Don't know if they'll ever cross over into the DCU? DC/HBO Max just introduced new hero Hector Santos.

Anyone feel his look might be slightly inspired by George Pérez ?

https://www.dccomics.com/comics/hbo-...igital-comic-1
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-17-2020 at 10:31 AM.

So we’ve had some interesting rumors popping regarding DC’s Latino characters:

1) Eiza Gonzalez cast as Hawkgirl for the DCEU (Black Adam film)

2) El Diablo rumored as a playable character for the Suicide Squad game

3) Jaime Reyes is getting a HBO Max show that focuses on him and guest stars other DC heroes (Ted, Booster Gold, Firestorm).

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    So we’ve had some interesting rumors popping regarding DC’s Latino characters:

1) Eiza Gonzalez cast as Hawkgirl for the DCEU (Black Adam film)

2) El Diablo rumored as a playable character for the Suicide Squad game

3) Jaime Reyes is getting a HBO Max show that focuses on him and guest stars other DC heroes (Ted, Booster Gold, Firestorm).
    Back in January there was some word of a possible Blue Beetle show in development but i haven’t heard anything about it since. HBO Max had a preview of their upcoming superhero shows for 2021 and Blue Beetle wasn’t one of them. It would be a dream come true to see Jamie star in his own show, but I don’t have very high hopes right now.

DC has kind of buried him lately. Even in big group shots or splash pages of DC heroes Ted is shown as Blue Beetle and Jaime is totally absent.

I’m excited! Jaime more than deserves a proper live action iteration! If the show also includes Firestorm then that’s awesome!

Also excited to play as El Diablo, assuming the rumors are true! And I can’t wait to see Hawkgirl in live action! DC fandome can’t come soon enough!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!