Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewHuerta View Post
    He is? Well thanks for spoiling that. I checked the IMDB and you're right.

Anyway, Baron Zemo is not in the trailers. Thats the point. Its safe to say Civil War has a lot more awesome moments in the movie that are not in the trailers. Unfortunately, I cant say the same about the BvS trailers. All the good parts were shown.
    Personally I don't mind trailers revealing main story beats, as that is the norm by this point.

It is nice that Civil War hasn't shown us Zemo (although that could be an indication of how involved he is in the film) but lets not forget that both avengers films were spoiled by the trailers in the exact same way as what BvS showed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    Personally I don't mind trailers revealing main story beats, as that is the norm by this point.

It is nice that Civil War hasn't shown us Zemo (although that could be an indication of how involved he is in the film) but lets not forget that both avengers films were spoiled by the trailers in the exact same way as what BvS showed.
    And people complained about that as well, remember?
    G.O.A.T.: Greatest Of All Time now on Patreon. Please support or spread the word www.patreon.com/andrewhuerta

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Anyway, Baron Zemo is not in the trailers. Thats the point. Its safe to say Civil War has a lot more awesome moments in the movie that are not in the trailers. Unfortunately, I cant say the same about the BvS trailers. All the good parts were shown.
    I realize ymmv on what constitutes "good" at this point, but at least for me, no they really weren't.

And even if Zemo was shown in the trailers, the GA wouldn't know who the hell he was anyway. Just like they didn't know exactly who Doomsday was, or his significance in the mythos (killing Superman, which wasn't revealed by the trailers). They knew Batman and Superman would team up against whatever it was, and for some that was enough of a spoiler, that can't be argued. But to say Doomsday's entire role in the plot was spoiled in that trailer is factually incorrect. Only we obsessive nerds were able to connect the dots on what would go down, but the GA? Nope.

In some instances, Superman being killed may have contributed to the overall surprise the GA felt at the film's dour tone. Nobody in the GA knew he was going to die, and even those of us who suspected were skeptical that they were actually going to go through with it.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    I'm just curious here, but what is there to "chew on" after the movie is done?
    We've got two or three very active and engaging discussions of the film going on at the DC Forums, and the content of the discussion is NOT a debate over the merits/flaws of the film or its box office performance, but concerns the themes, subtexts, and concepts that the film presents. If you haven't yet and care to, swoop over there and check them out.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

And people complained about that as well, remember?
    Yes, just saying its an industry problem, and its hard for me to criticize DC for not going against the grain when they're trying to build a foundation.

I'm sure the strength of the marvel brand and TWS factored in to how the trailer for CW was constructed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I realize ymmv on what constitutes "good" at this point, but at least for me, no they really weren't.

And even if Zemo was shown in the trailers, the GA wouldn't know who the hell he was anyway. Just like they didn't know exactly who Doomsday was, or his significance in the mythos (killing Superman, which wasn't revealed by the trailers). They knew Batman and Superman would team up against whatever it was, and for some that was enough of a spoiler, that can't be argued. But to say Doomsday's entire role in the plot was spoiled in that trailer is factually incorrect. Only we obsessive nerds were able to connect the dots on what would go down, but the GA? Nope.

In some instances, Superman being killed may have contributed to the overall surprise the GA felt at the film's dour tone. Nobody in the GA knew he was going to die, and even those of us who suspected were skeptical that they were actually going to go through with it.
    All the good parts were shown. The only things that weren't shown in the trailers was the JLA stuff.

And if you don't believe so, then we'll just agree to disagree.
    G.O.A.T.: Greatest Of All Time now on Patreon. Please support or spread the word www.patreon.com/andrewhuerta

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Pi View Post
    Well if the "APRIL FOOLS DAY RUMOUR" that indeed ZACK SNYDER is indeed no longer the chosen DIRECTOR For JUSTICE LEAGUE is truthfull indeed, "Then We Need Too Cease And Desist With All This Hateful Drama" folks, I Loved The FILM BvS Personally, I think also that there are so many different scenarios for bringing SUPERMAN back, his body can easily be placed in a SPACE CAPSULE and sent straight into The Heart of The Sun and just let him be there for awhile, and for sure he absorbs enough radiation over and extended period of time say about a year or so, as for the CAST of the upcoming JUSTICE LEAGUE, every D.C., Character gets a turn in these upcoming films, then they All will have an entry point for any and All serious consideration in subsequent filmings.
    I vote for Zombie Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    And what do you think is the cause of the hate for Snyder? HIS WORK!!! The man is not an artist (or an arteest). He is a guy who found a visual style that worked for him for a bit, but he applies that sensibility to EVERYTHING. Hell, he wants to do a Washington crossing the Delaware film in the style of 300. Hopefully the studios know better than to actually fund something like that, but I digress.

A true artist embraces different styles, and understands that different stories need to look and feel different than what has worked before. Snyder's style works for some situations, but he is shoehorning stories into that style that just don't work in that style. And screwing up the characters in that attempt to recapture past acceptability (I won't call it glory).
    I dont know, that's sounds kind-of awesome, THIS.IS.AMERICA.*splash*

It's old news to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Unless Miller kills it they'll be sorely regretting not using Gustin. I still have hope that they'll use Stephen Amell though. It might be continuity breaking but he already has an established fanbase so why not do the smart thing with Green Arrow.
    Well, given the crossover of Flash and Supergirl, it could be possible that Oliver simply travels to another dimension.

Incredible Member

I find it cute you think any Green Arrow has a realistic chance of showing up in the DCEU.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by twincast View Post
    I find it cute you think any Green Arrow has a realistic chance of showing up in the DCEU.
    Well, he will if what DC is planning is an Injustice movie.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Gitesh Pandya ‏@GiteshPandya
    $3.2M MON for #BatmanvSuperman. Below 2nd MON for Furious7, #Deadpool, #HungerGames, WinterSoldier, #ManOfSteel & all #IronMan pics.
    https://twitter.com/GiteshPandya/sta...46240322060288

BANNED

He will if WB/DC is smart. There's no reason any character can't show up to be honest. Unlike Marvel, DC has all of their properties available to use.

Why can't he? He holds down a show which not every character can do, he's a known name who's shown up in most incarnations of the JL in other media. Obviously he won't be exactly as on the show but they can have fun with his more flippant style (which is how Hawkeye should've been). Either way I'd say he's got to be a given.

He will be the Miller style version with a new cyborg arm. Mark my words.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Why can't he? He holds down a show which not every character can do, he's a known name who's shown up in most incarnations of the JL in other media. Obviously he won't be exactly as on the show but they can have fun with his more flippant style (which is how Hawkeye should've been). Either way I'd say he's got to be a given.

He will be the Miller style version with a new cyborg arm. Mark my words.
    At this point, I don't want Snyder within range of any DCTV people. Keep them apart.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Is this movie even going to make 350 mil domestic? Brutal numbers.

The trailers didn't give away Superman's death
    It wasn’t given away but Superman’s death lasted about 15 minutes - it's probably a good thing that they didn't show that in the trailer.

the exact resolution to their conflict and the part their mothers played in it,
    The exact resolution wasn’t shown but everyone knew they’d team up in the end, due to Doomsday already being shown.

Diana's exact role,
    Diana’s exact role wasn’t shown. Diana’s main role was shown.

the nature of the cameos,
    The cameos were cool, especially the Flash one.

the Africa incident,
    The Africa incident didn’t pan out to anything and was entirely forgotten by the second act.

Perry possibly knowing Clark is Superman,
    Perry may or may not know who Superman is. Not exactly a major plot point and doesn’t really make a difference to the story either way.

Mercy dying,
    Mercy had about 5 minutes screen time and 2 lines in the movie. A major character in the cartoon but she’s not really a character known to the general public. However, that court explosion was one of the surprises in the movie - I’m glad they left that off the trailer.

and probably a whole bunch of other things.
    The exact details of a lot of things weren’t shown but it seems the most important parts were. I'll tell you what though, if they had left that Wonderwoman action sequence off the trailer, she would have gotten a really loud cheer in the audience when she made her first onscreen appearance in full Wonderwoman outfit.