Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    It wasn’t given away but Superman’s death lasted about 15 minutes - it's probably a good thing that they didn't show that in the trailer.
    It didn't last 15 minutes. I'd be surprised if it lasted a minute.

Unless you're talking about everything that came afterward as well.

The exact resolution wasn’t shown but everyone knew they’d team up in the end, due to Doomsday already being shown.
    Everybody knew they were going to team up looooooong before the Doomsday reveal. It was in the "Dawn of Justice" subtitle, and just a foregone conclusion in general.

The Africa incident didn’t pan out to anything and was entirely forgotten by the second act.
    Actually, investigating it was how Lois discovered Luthor's involvement in the incident and how far back he was manipulating events to make Superman look bad and push the conflict along. KGBeast was also present for it, and he showed up throughout the film. Lois's investigation played a part in Luthor being jailed at the end. It was hardly forgotten.

The exact details of a lot of things weren’t shown but it seems the most important parts were. I'll tell you what though, if they had left that Wonderwoman action sequence off the trailer, she would have gotten a really loud cheer in the audience when she made her first onscreen appearance in full Wonderwoman outfit.
    That would have been cool, but marketing Wonder Woman so heavily was a really smart move. People were hyped about her big screen debut. And then there all the people in movie theaters who cheered when she showed up in the trailer. I don't think downplaying her role was ever an option.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It didn't last 15 minutes. I'd be surprised if it lasted a minute. Unless you're talking about everything that came afterward as well.
    He was dead for about 15 minutes of movie time. Still, it’s good that they didn’t show that because, you know, “He’s dead! Superman’s dead! But actually not really.”

Everybody knew they were going to team up looooooong before the Doomsday reveal. It was in the "Dawn of Justice" subtitle, and just a foregone conclusion in general.
    Yes, everyone knew they’d team up eventually but showing Doomsday meant Batman vs Superman wasn’t the main fight.

Actually, investigating it was how Lois discovered Luthor's involvement in the incident and how far back he was manipulating events to make Superman look bad and push the conflict along. KGBeast was also present for it, and he showed up throughout the film. Lois's investigation played a part in Luthor being jailed at the end. It was hardly forgotten.
    KGBeast kept showing up throughout the movie but that’s not because of the Africa incident - he’s a Luthor henchman. Lois investigation did put Luthor behind bars and the investigation did begin during the Africa incident - but the Africa incident in and of itself isn’t really important - that it wasn’t shown on the trailer isn’t a detriment to the the trailer nor the film.

The placement of those cameos were strange though - just before the main fight. When Lois was trying to retrieve the kryptonite spear, I expected Aquaman to appear and help out. I don’t know, there was a water scene with Aquaman then 15 minutes later, a water scene with Lois… for me, the association was just there. Did anyone else think Aquaman would show up in that scene?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Why can't he? He holds down a show which not every character can do, he's a known name who's shown up in most incarnations of the JL in other media. Obviously he won't be exactly as on the show but they can have fun with his more flippant style (which is how Hawkeye should've been). Either way I'd say he's got to be a given.
    A show of highly fluctuating quality, and he holds it down largely by being more blatantly Batman-y than the character had been in decades. The show has raised his pofile, I'll give you that, but seeing how obviously ...displeased WB is that the DCEU has to share the Barry Allen character with the small screen, plus the MCU's Hawkeye being generally perceived as a useless Avenger, the fact that Green Arrow has been a mainstay on most drawn/animated incarnations of the Justice League means little to nothing. And yes, I remember that Supermax movie that was briefly considered, but that was not only surprising to begin with but also in a different time. The chance isn't quite zero, naturally, but it's about as close to it as it gets.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.