Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

People think Capt is gonna get jobbed just because BP pulled Capt's shield down a bit? Damn, I wonder what you'd call the asswhippings Thor, Hulk and Black Bolt took from Thanos in "Infinity".

Quote Originally Posted by McMax View Post
    Great! Not only is Cap getting the short shift in what is suppose to be his movie now he's going to job to the Black Panther, but then everybody is going to do that.
    and here were go right on cue.

that train is never late
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    People think Capt is gonna get jobbed just because BP pulled Capt's shield down a bit? Damn, I wonder what you'd call the asswhippings Thor, Hulk and Black Bolt took from Thanos in "Infinity".
    In most instances it's not really jobbing if you got an @$$whipping from Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Actualy as far as feats Cap has a higher top speed but Black Panthers reflexes are better. Supposedly Bp hand speed is faster then the Human eye can track. All in all its been stated more then once they are physical equals. Everytime they spar theres no clear winner, BP got cap once but cap wasnt trying. Tchalla also never uses any of tech, which hes a tech based character who just happens to also be one of marvels best fighters
    I guarantee they either draw in the movie or someone interrupts. Cap wont get his ass kicked, i dont like him and cap not being on the same side.
    Are are feats with him running faster then a speeding Car. I always thought it was was Cool Guy said, but very little difference. Things change though in comics. He's clearly faster in the trailer and that's fine.

I think the are going to stalemate and become friends.
    SO LET THIS BE A LESSON. LEARN. YOUR. PLACE. - Prince Freeman

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Was it jobbing when Bucky's cyborg arm was stronger than Cap? When Red Skull gave him a run for his money? When he couldn't life Thor's hammer?

If Cap struggling for two seconds is jobbing...
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    Are are feats with him running faster then a speeding Car. I always thought it was was Cool Guy said, but very little difference. Things change though in comics. He's clearly faster in the trailer and that's fine.

I think the are going to stalemate and become friends.
    Movie feats aren't interchangable with comic book feats though... movie T'Challa out running a speeding car might be faster than comic T'Challa. Movie Cap at least seems stronger than his comic counter part for the most part. I think generally speaking the more street level characters in the Cinematic Universe seem more powerful while the higher end characters seem less powerful, making things a bit closer. Which honestly I prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Was it jobbing when Bucky's cyborg arm was stronger than Cap? When Red Skull gave him a run for his money? When he couldn't life Thor's hammer?

If Cap struggling for two seconds is jobbing...
    I've begun to hate that term because like Mary Sue, it's something that gets thrown around regardless of whether or not it makes sense in the context. It's basically come to mean "My favorite character is not portrayed as perfect and undefeatable and actually has to struggle with opponents sometimes."