Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Default Rebirth: What are you most looking forward to? What do you hope to see in the future?

So with Rebirth starting this May, I was wondering what everyone was looking forward to the most from the relaunch? And what you hope to see from the initiative moving forward?

As for me i'm most looking forward to...

- The Superman Line: Weather its Jurgens on Action comics, Tomasi on Superman, or Orlando on Supergirl the upcoming Superman books just look like they will be really good reads. I'm also looking forward to seeing how Supersons and New Super-Man turn out.

-The Green Lantern Books: Hal and the GL Corps/Green Lanterns both look like interesting books with interesting stories. It will be interesting to see the Green Lantern corps try to take the universe back from the Sinestro corps. Also looking forward to seeing how Simon and Jessica work together.

-Titans: I've enjoyed Titans hunt so far, glad Abnett is continuing the adventures of these characters.

-Wonder Woman: Greg Rucka back on Wonder Woman, nuff said.

As for what i'd like to see in the future from the initiative.

-Legion of Superheroes: Seriously, these guys really need to make a comeback already. They haven't had a book in years!

-Shazam: Sad he still doesn't have his own book. Would love to see the Rebirth initiative change that eventually.

So what about the rest of you? What are you most looking forward to? And what do you hope to see in the future?
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Astonishing Member

• Batgirl & the Birds of Prey
    • Cyborg
    • Detective Comics
    • Gotham Academy
    • Super Sons
    • Superwoman
    • Titans

I was surprised how interested I became in some of these titles.

New52 Wonder Woman retconned away by Rucka.

My definite pull in order of interest:
    Wonder Woman: This is the number one title for me. Lazarus is my favourite weekly comic so Rucka on Wonder Woman is a big deal for me. Plus Sharps art looked unreal.
    Nightwing: Fav character and he's keeping a solid creative team (although King definitely wrote better issues of Grayson than Seeley).
    The Flash: Josh Williamson is amazing. Plus the story arc sounds fun, although I'm not sure we need more speedsters (good or bad).
    Batman: I'll follow King anywhere.
    Batgirl and the Birds of Prey: Didn't expect to be this excited for it but I like the team and the creative team is from one of my favourite shows, The 100.
    Aquaman: Abnett has been good.

Things I'm excited for but need to try first in order of interest:
    Green Lanterns: Humphries has really sold this through sheer enthusiasm. Never cared about the Green Lantern franchise though, so definitely need to try it first.
    Trinity: Worth it for Manapul's are alone. I love his Wonder Woman.
    Blue Beetle: I'm interested in Jaime. Glad it exists even if it doesn't end up being for me.
    Detective Comics: I love the pitch/Spoiler. But Tynion routinely disappoints.
    Last edited by dan12456; 04-04-2016 at 10:31 AM.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

For me, Wonder Woman and the whole Superman line. I really hope this family sticks, cause the books announced look really interesting.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Batman is the big buy of the bunch with the best writer in comics right now doing the consistently best character in comics. All-Star Batman's a gimmie, as are Wonder Woman, Nightwing and Supergirl. Deathstroke's a definite buy, is something I never thought I'd say but here we are. And I'm willing to give a handful of other books a chance.

The main thing I want to see is the increasingly catastrophic Superman line get fixed. Obviously we need to see diversity given a bigger push on all ends, (Deathstroke above actually being a perfect example - you net Christopher Priest, then putting him on Deathstroke, and barely mention it to boot?), I'd like to see some more idiosyncratic projects, and they just need to rope in better talent in general. Outside of a few personal priorities like Superman, I don't care much what they do and focus on so long as they're good and they diversify where they need to, character-wise, content-wise and creatively.
    Buh-bye

In descending order of interest:

Detective Comics- A bunch of my favorite DC characters all in one place? I'm so there. I'm especially interested to see how all they all interact.
    Wonder Woman- I'll give anything by Rucka a try.
    Batgirl & the Birds of Prey- I'm a huge BoP fan and I want to see how this new iteration is handled.
    Batgirl- The backpacking across Asia thing has me curious.
    Batman- The first arc sounds interesting.
    Aquaman- I've recently become a fan, so I'll give it a look, at least.
    Superwoman- New character? I'll give her a chance.

Everything else... eh. If I hear really good things I may try them, too.

The titles I am most looking forward to checking out are:
    Superman and Action Comics
    Wonder Woman - the art preview is making me think of trying that title for the first time in history.
    Nightwing
    Hal and the GLC.

I might check out Batman but I doubt it. I'm really not interested in yet another ward. I might also check out Flash but since Wally left in 2008 or 9, the title doesn't stand much of a chance of staying. Barry just isn't that interesting to me.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Wonder Woman and Aquaman are my most anticipated books.

Still on the fence regarding the Superman line. I've been trying to cut down my DC pull list and ultimately trade wait everything, and the double shipping is going to help make my decision for me I think...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member

Though I liked Snyder's run, I think it is a good time for a new team, so I am looking forward to King's run.
    Also, I hope original Wally will return; in that case I will also get Titans.
    Finally, if the rumors that Hickman will be writing JLA, I will seriously consider adding that to my pull list.
    There are a lot of interesting things about Rebirth, like Wonder Woman and the Flash, but I don't think I will be checking them, due to a limited budget.

I hope Rebirth implodes so there will be more reboots.

BANNED

More than anything, I'm hoping for new co-publishers and editors as soon as possible! Who know how to give fans what they want instead of forcing their unwanted ideas and personal favorite characters down our throats! John Stewart, Tim Drake, Legion of Superheroes, nope! Here's Super Sons!

I'm looking forward to mostly obvious stuff. Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman etc. I might check out Blue Beetle and New Superman if the artwork looks good enough. And Titans, if a certain neglected speedster joins the team!

In fairness, the writers and artists for this relaunch are at least somewhat better than the New 52. Hopefully Rebirth will be the first step towards DC becoming a great company again, even if they're not quite there yet. Seriously, lose those co-publishers!

Batman by King, Detective, all things Batgirl and my hope is that all Bat family books have a heart that beats in rhythm.

Most excited about? Titans. Not another Wolfman-Perez retread but based on the original team -- inspired.
    Hope to see in the future? The original JSA (including pre-Crisis characters like Helena Wayne, Richard Grayson, and Sylvester Pemberton and post-Crisis/pre-Nu52 additions from the Johns/Goyer/Robinson runs) on the original Earth-Two.

BANNED

Some actual progress would be nice.

Because theres a massive shortcoming of that in the release schedule.

Things I am getting for starters:
    Titans: It's not the team I want and it's drawn by an artist whose style I dont particularly like, but Titans Hunt has been allright so far, so I suppose I must give it a chance to impress.
    Teen Titans: This is going to be one of those things that could break my heart, I am not sold on the art, I am not sold on the premise, I utterly despise Damian, Beast Boy and Raven are still there and now Starfire is coming back with Fake Wally... but it's the only bloody place DC cares to feature Raven so I have to see how this goes... which has better effing not be another Damian showcase like the recent cartoon!
    Wonder Woman: Pretty much the only thing I am looking forwards to from all of this with a creative team like this on board, finally WW can be readable again.

Rest I will let the previews decide if they are worth picking up.
    Last edited by Outside_85; 04-04-2016 at 11:12 PM.