Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm really looking forward to King on Batman and Seeley on Nightwing so those are my top two titles at the moment. I have other books that sound like they might be interesting to me but I'm going to let previews determine whether I'll be getting those.

I'm hoping that DC can make the Teen Titans franchise into something again but I'm not sure that putting three 'old' Teen Titans on the team is the way to go to do that. I also hope that the Titans book doesn't fall prey to the same problems all of it's predecessors had. I also hope that Tim Drake will finally get some decent handling now that he's back in the Bat office and away from the Teen Titans.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Fantastic Member

I'm really hoping that there is some way to restore the long history and legacy of the Justice Society of America and their Golden Age ilk...It's hard now to believe in light of the mediocrity which is "Earth Two" that the JSA had a Top Ten title as written by Robinson/Goyer/Johns for YEARS until just before the whole Flash Point thing. Come on, DC...Restore these classic characters properly!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

DC needs to actually fix the DCU and not try to dodge the core complaints of pre-FP fans. Pre-FP Wally has to come back, as a chief example.

I'm most excited for All Star Batman by Snyder, Romita Jr, Sean Murphy, etc. Snyder's approach to Two-Face and all sounds amazing. And top art talent.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Newsarama posted a pic of the cover for the Rebirth Previews Mag.
    April_Previews_front_cover.jpg
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Outside of the new Wonder Woman creative team, I'm not really looking forward to anything specifically. Hypothetically, though, I'm hoping Hawkman gets some tweaks, as well as a little more attention moving forward. Ideally, I'd like to see him as a regular in a team book of some sort. Putting him in Birds of Prey, for instance, would be awesome, in my opinion.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

I'm interested in Tom King's Batman, Tynion's Detective Comics, Seeley's Nightwing (a little), the new Teen Titans, Birds of Prey, Snyder's All-Star Batman and Orlando's Supergirl. I'm curious about Superwoman. I'm also interested in McGinnis back being the Batman Beyond.

For the future I hope for something spacial that's not Green Lantern, like the cancelled Omega Men for example. Or Legion or Rebels. I also hope for Batwoman back solo. And something spy-related, now that Grayson's gone. I also hope for a new Midnighter solo (but won't happen) and a new creative team behind Red Hood. And I hope for a more classic, team-y JSA.

Batman and Nightwing from the Gotham side of town. Both have really good creative teams.
    Wonder Woman and the return of Rucka.
    Deathstroke.
    The Superman line. Not even sure what title I will be jumping on, I'm just hoping they can make things good.

Still got one or two titles I can pick up. Maybe Flash or Aquaman. Or Titans. Just depends on how they look.

Excited for Suicide Squad. I've like everything I read from Rob Williams so far and with Jim Lee on art I can't imagine this disappointing me.
    Action Comics continue the Lois & Clark story is great, its been really good so far.
    Happy to have Nicola Scott (loved everything she did on Earth 2) on Wonder Woman, just hope I enjoy the writing.

Future, hopefully something with Martian Manhunter, Zatanna or Vixen. Maybe JLA will give them somewhere to be.

Astonishing Member

1) Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps: everything I like I love about the GL franchise in one title, not thrilled about the writer but everything else I love, so much it is enough to be three separate books but just like Uncanny X-Men back in the day before the explosion of X-titles, it could be great.

2) Detective Comics: love the concept all of my secondary Bat Family characters in one place, Azrael, Cassandra Cain

3) I guess All Star Batman: Not sure about it long term but this Two Face arc really interests me, to be honest everything else announced I am not that excited about.

In the future:
    1) Legion of Super Heroes hopefully by Hickman, reboots have gutted this once great property but it is just an A list writer with vision, the correct artist someone like Cinar and no editorial meddling by changes in the 'current' time away from being a great property again. Focusing on the classic team that Johns brought back with the addition of some of the more popular characters of the reboots added along the way but concentrating on existing Legionnaires no need for any new members.

2) Justice Society of America hopefully by Johns and an A-List artist. Johns really seemed to have a deep connection with the title. Hopefully the book will have nothing to do with Earth 2 (which like the Ultimate Universe) may have outlived it's usefulness. I'd prefer it on the main DC earth (whatever it is called now) or give it, it's own Johns/Roy Thomas earth where basically everything that happened in All-Star Squadron, Infinity Inc and John's modern day JSA run happened. Throw in classic version of the Freedom Fighters. If possible also the Wolfman/Perez Titans.

3) Milestone 2.0 A book on an earth of it's own or add them as a part of JSA earth see above it could be that earth's Gotham to JSA's main city's "Metropolis", however Icon, Blood Syndicate and Static deserve a chance to shine.

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

I would like to see "catch up" pages before each issue or at least each story arc and I'd like to see a new History of the DCU series sooner rather than later.
    Did you know that every atom in our bodies was once part of a star? Think about that… EVERYTHING changes. Caterpillars turn into butterflies and stars turn into @$$holes.

My hopes are in:

-Batfamily & Gotham Academy. I and some of my friends are fans, each bought something and see together..

-Teen Titans. Raven with his outfit and Damian is here. I have this comic with he.

-Green Laterns: seems that those who are with Hal Jordan are not very competent.. But I have faith in rookies of Earth.

-Deathstroke & Suicide Squad: The bad Guys.. although I'm having doubts with the first.

-Superwoman and I will also give an opportunity to New Superman..Nothing more. the course of supergirl not give me good spine ..
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-05-2016 at 08:17 AM.

BANNED

My hope is that Kon-El is amalgamated between his many depictions somewhere down the road (soon).

And i hope just because we have jon and kenan kong taking a lot of kons "thing" we still have him show up,maybe take him in a new interesting direction,one that respects his past.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Rucka back on Wonder Woman was the best news to come out of this announcement. He wrote one of my favorite previous runs, and now WW is going to be readable again. I'd be fully on board regardless, but him using Steve, Etta and Cheetah is icing on the cake. Hopefully he'll bring back more old school supporting cast members and villains, but even if he doesn't, I'll read it.

I'm also stoked that I'm going to get Batman monthly again in what feels like forever. I read the first few trades of Snyder's run and they didn't do much for me, but I've loved everything I've read by King. His premise sounds really good too. Seeley is also my favorite current writer, so him being on Nightwing is a guarantee buy.

Superman, Green Lantern and the Titans are kind of breaking my heart though. I would have loved to see King on GL after how he wrote Hal, and Superman is in desperate need of some new blood. The only thing catching my attention from that line are the Janin covers for Action. And while I like Damian, he doesn't belong in the Titans. They are in an especially difficult/weird area, because the best team will always be the Fab Five + the NTT crew, but going back to that well hasn't worked. But anything else doesn't really feel like the Titans, so....

Well I've decide to give maybe 4 or 5 book at least 1 arc.if they don't keep my instrest.i'll just have to do what I've been doing for the last 5 years reading back issue's.but SUPERWOMAN.TITANS.AQUAMAN.WONDER WOMAN and BATMAN are what I'm going to give a try.and what I'm hoping for the future.

JUSTICE SOCIETY
    NEW INFINITY INC.
    THE OUTSIDERS
    THE LEGION OF SUPER HEROES
    CPT MARVEL=SHAZAM=ongoing
    FIRESTORM=ongoing
    VIXEN=ongoing
    BLACK LIGHTNING=ongoing
    BRONZE TIGER=ongoing
    HAWKMAN=ongoing

just what's on my wish list

Spectacular Member

Titans- Love Titans Hunt and hope real Wally West returns!

Wonder Woman Rucka is back and love both artists and WW Year 1 every other issue!

Superman line- Real Superman is back, Supergirl like TV show, Jon with Damien in Super Sons, and Lois as Superwoman!

Batgirl and Birds of Prey- Original trio is back with Helena Bertinelli as Huntress again!

Justice League- Anxious to see how pre-FP Superman works with team!
    JLA- Still kept under wraps. Hmmm

Batman line- Snyder on All-Star Batman, Detective with Tim, Stephanie, and Cassie on team, and King on Batman.

Of course there's more. Glad Johns said JSA, Shazam, Legion, and 4th World will be in Rebirth, especially JSA!

I want to see how Multiverse is used in Rebirth and what the hourglasses mean on Previews Rebirth special!