Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    But everything can change after civil war movie. Plus starting from civil war it'll be a while before Tony Stark appears again on the MCU, but carol has a movie incoming
    Stark will be in the next Avengers film, which comes out almost a year before Captain Marvel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    nobdy has pointed out that the inhumn who predicts the future is called ulyses??
    Hm, good catch, though it's not like characters haven't changed their code names before.

This sounds plausible enough to me.

They've already stuck most of the X-Men literally in Limbo, and the rest are usually figuratively there.

But after the zany wacky BATTLEWORLD thing who really cares what happens to the universe?
    Psylocke · Magneto · Archangel / Angel · X-23 · O5
    April 2012 Posts: 351 RIP me

I've pretty much given up feeding onto Marvel's continous attempts to diminish the xmen, because with these books I feel they are finally succeeding. They are so boring.

Too early to believe in rumors.

Personally I am against the X-mens being relocated for their own separate universe apart of 616 or Prime universe.

If this happens leave marvel without thinking twice and go to competition.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    And read what? Nobody is even trying to offer an alternative.

This is pretty improbable. If Marvel have to publish the X-Men for commercial reasons, I'm confident in predicting that they will remain within the shared universe - if only because Marvel will want to retain its ability to promote flagging sales on other, MCU-compatible franchises, by featuring the occasional popular mutant or two.

On whether it would make more sense for mutants to be featured within another universe, I feel this evades one, rather important point. The Marvel Universe has never made any sense.

For example:

1. Radiation has the capacity to turn people "evil" while apparently otherwise preserving their mental faculties - see Dr Octopus, and temporarily, Angel.

2. People design, without apparent resources, amazing, beyond cutting-edge technology, and use it to fight street muggers or, even more bizarrely, unsuccessfully knock over a few banks. Seriously Shocker/Vulture, did you ever think about applying for a patent?

3. On a related point, amazing technology seems only to be used for military/vigilante/evil world-conquering purposes, and not to revolutionise the lives of billions.

4. Given the compressed timeline, New York suffers alien invasions/shocking episodes of violence/destruction on a practically daily basis, and yet US society seems to be mystifyingly far from total collapse.

5. A pharmaceutically enhanced squaddie with no notable mental accomplishments, bizarrely festooned with his national flag, is accepted worldwide as a valiant protector of everyone's freedoms and galaxy-wide as some kind of invincible space commander.

Given all of this absurdity, it seems odd to cavil at the mutant metaphor.

Jack and Stan were just throwing concepts at the wall and seeing what would stick. They wouldn't have thought for one second about whether the old sci-fi concept of a "coming race" of human superhumans would exactly fit with their merry expanding band of superhumans, peak humans, aliens, and indeterminants.

BANNED

A separated X universe would give more versatility to the X men, lasting effects from their events since they'd be the core heroes and no pesky inhumans or avengers

Didn't they already do this with X-Men '92?

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Too early to believe in rumors.

Personally I am against the X-mens being relocated for their own separate universe apart of 616 or Prime universe.

Well, it's not like DC is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Model 1911A1 Cal .45 View Post
    Didn't they already do this with X-Men '92?
    Well, that's an alternate universe book; this is about sending the main ones to an alternate universe.

BANNED

But everything can change after civil war movie. Plus starting from civil war it'll be a while before Tony Stark appears again on the MCU, but carol has a movie incoming
    Umm, no, you'd be very gullible to think that way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, it's not like DC is better.

e.
    I'd argue otherwise.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

A separated X universe would give more versatility to the X men, lasting effects from their events since they'd be the core heroes and no pesky inhumans or avengers
    Funny enough I agree. Taking the X-Men out of 616 to existence, lets day in a parallel universe that doesnt have any super powered beings might actually work. It's not like it has been done... figuratively, I mean. Most of the late 80s into the mid-90's the X-Men barely interacted with the rest of the Marvel universe even while they told stories that had the weight of "end of the world" on them. Pluck them out of 616 and into 617; an earth with no mutants, and no Avengers where the biggest players are probably humans. I can think of several dynamic stories just off of the top of my head.

(1) These supernatural beings literally fall out of the sky and are worshiped like celebrities on one end, and gods on another, all the while being feared as demons and heralds of the end of the world. Little do they know the sudden rise in activity attracts the attention of interstellar beings and groups that up until now were content with leaving primitive Earth be;

(2) or how no matter what universe they are in, humans will always fear and hate what they dont understand, said hate ushers in groups that didnt exist before like the FoH, Purifiers and ultimately Sentinels proving nature always finds a way. The presence of these new beings ushers in a new science that makes way for the necessity of governments to develop counter measures and experiment in super soldiers that makes way for science-born super beings much like the Iron Man armor and super soldiers like Steve Rodgers. Mysticism comes into play, and before the X-Men know it, they are in a world much like the one they were banished from;

(3) mutants seemingly appearing out of nowhere create an arms race between nations to armies of super powered soldiers, secret groups like the Hell Fire Club, Hydra, SHIELD and AIM do the same, mutants take sides and form allegiances. Tensions lead to a War of the Atom.

There are some legs to this idea. But Marvel and those within the X-Office will have to think outside the box.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

I do believe that Death Of X will be killing popular Xmen but i don't believe in putting all the mutants into alternate universe away from Inhumans and Avengers it would give Fox more ideas which is what Marvel is avoiding

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I don't know the exact plot details (doubt anyone does because this stuff isn't usually ultra-thought out beforehand except for the broad strokes plot), but it ends with all the mutants being shifted over to another timeline of their own free will. The 616 goes on without them, and there will still be X-Men books but they'll all take place within their own separate continuity to ensure maximum MCU synergy within the "main" universe.
    That's the exact same thing leakers were claiming would happen during Secret Wars.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.