Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Death of X leak (HEAVY SPOILERS)

Found this in another website, take it with a grain of salt

Fall is a prelude to a much larger event coming next year called End of X.

Death of X is about a group of mysterious assassins targeting specific X-Men for death, some big names die and the culprits turn out to be a group of people who were being controlled by an unknown intelligence from the future.

End of X comes out next summer. Carol Danvers teams up with Timegazer (he's the new inhuman who can peer into the future from Civil War II; also Carol "wins" Civil War II and the whole thing is much lower stakes and less edgy than Civil War I) to discover a new threat looming, some kind of horrible "storm" that threatens to collapse the timeline.

The "storm" can only be resolved by removing all the mutants from the universe, which sparks big time chaos about how to resolve the issue.

I don't know the exact plot details (doubt anyone does because this stuff isn't usually ultra-thought out beforehand except for the broad strokes plot), but it ends with all the mutants being shifted over to another timeline of their own free will. The 616 goes on without them, and there will still be X-Men books but they'll all take place within their own separate continuity to ensure maximum MCU synergy within the "main" universe.

They've been looking to do this for a while. Folding the ultimate and 616 universes together was to make room for a potential "X universe" down the line, to avoid too many alternate universes running in parallel. Some specific mutants *might* stick around in the 616, but I don't know which.

lol, this just sounds like a bad idea, but its Marvel so half of this can be true
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

BANNED

On the one hand, I always thought that the mutant prejudice metaphor has been incredibly problematic ever since they were first integrated into the shared universe, and it only really works when there's no other metahumans. They really ought to have been shunted off to their own universe a while ago.

On the other hand, Marvel would be running a HUGE risk. Even if the X-Men aren't the dominating powerhouse they used to be, they still represent a BIG chunk of their publishing revenue. To say nothing of the backlash they'd get from from the CompleX if it's viewed as Marvel attempting to further marginalize the X-Line. It could be very damaging to their public relations if it's true, as it could be construed as Marvel having intentionally deceived their customers with all their denials that any such marginalization was occurring.

It could also just be one big troll/cash grab, with a THIRD event the following year this report doesn't mention, "Return of X," which sees the X-men returned to the main verse.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 04-04-2016 at 07:49 AM.

If true, it doesn't surprise me in the least as Marvel have been turning the mutants irrelevant in the grand scheme of things in the Marvel universe. Might as well put the characters out of their misery and let the fans grief properly and move on.
    Pull list:
    "Your signature cannot be longer than 500 characters excluding BB code markup."

Pretty sure this is fake. There's no way Marvel would send the X-men to another universe, thereby adding more complications to an already-convoluted continuity. They just went through the trouble of streamlining their comics with Secret Wars. I can't see them mixing it up like this so shortly after they've established this new status quo with X-Haven. Marvel tends to avoid this kind of divergence. Given the poor reception of DC's efforts to do so with some of their recent events, I think it's unlikely they'll try something similar.

From a purely pragmatic perspective, it makes all the sense in the world. A world that has only X-men could exclusively deal with mutant issues. There's just no logic behind the hatred of mutants in a world where there are Inhumans, Hulks, aliens, and what not running around. Even some of the recent X-men comics have noted how difficult it is to tell a mutant from an Inhuman. They've already turned the Maximoff Twins into Inhumans. That alone makes a joke of the concept.

Even so, this sounds more like baseless speculation. Marvel staff has said time and again that they're committed to keeping the X-men in the Marvel mainline universe. Until someone like Alonso or Quesada says otherwise, I'm more inclined to believe that. But if this does indeed happen, I honestly can't say I'd be surprised, given Marvel's recent treatment of the X-men.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

If they were going to do this, Secret Wars was the perfect opportunity.

link/source? Sounds like trolling crap.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LocoSteve View Post
    Bottom of the barrel, 4.... You get the idea

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Here is what I found online. Again, it's youtube and no real sources are cited so it could be nothing credible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC_j_kfSfjQ

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    On the one hand, I always thought that the mutant prejudice metaphor has been incredibly problematic ever since they were first integrated into the shared universe, and it only really works when there's no other metahumans. They really ought to have been shunted off to their own universe a while ago.

On the other hand, Marvel would be running a HUGE risk. Even if the X-Men aren't the dominating powerhouse they used to be, they still represent a BIG chunk of their publishing revenue. To say nothing of the backlash they'd get from from the CompleX if it's viewed as Marvel attempting to further marginalize the X-Line. It could be very damaging to their public relations if it's true, as it could be construed as Marvel having intentionally deceived their customers with all their denials that any such marginalization was occurring.

It could also just be one big troll/cash grab, with a THIRD event the following year this report doesn't mention, "Return of X," which sees the X-men returned to the main verse.
    Like when Onslaught killed the Avengers ?.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoSteve View Post
    Yeah, there is no way that Carol is the one that wins Civil War 2.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Yeah, there is no way that Carol is the one that wins Civil War 2.
    I don't know, they have tried everything to cement her as THE Marvel Woman. That part seems possible.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

I don't really see this happening. Anythings possible, but there are too many areas that overlap for this to work. There have also been variations of this rumor going around for years now, hell pretty much every event since AvX has had some people predicting that the X-Line would get shunted off or rebooted into its own universe. Also lest we forget, Marvel tried something like this back in the 90's with Onslaught, the Avengers and the Fantastic Four, and that didn't work out that well then.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I'd say this is BS, but I've said that in the past and been shocked to find out 1/2 the BS was actually true... But I agree, Marvel isn't typically that thought out. A year and a half? Maybe 10 years ago, but not today. They aren't proactive anymore. They are reactive. They put things into play, look at feedback (sales) and then move from there along with combining interest with whatever movie they have out.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    On the other hand, Marvel would be running a HUGE risk. Even if the X-Men aren't the dominating powerhouse they used to be, they still represent a BIG chunk of their publishing revenue.
    They would still continue to publish X-comics if this story were true, and the remaining X-junkies would still continue buying.

Hardly a big financial risk to Marvel.