Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    And read what? Nobody is even trying to offer an alternative.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, it's not like DC is better.
    I will go to read Japanese manga .

Not think separating mutants is a good idea remember what happened to Heroes Reborn and the Ultimate Universe. Moreover it gives a sense of defeat and marvel could take possible low sales if fails to cancel the X-mens.

not sure if its been noted already, but a friend of mine mentioned that the font for "death of x" is the same font used for "death of wolverine"

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Found this in another website, take it with a grain of salt

Fall is a prelude to a much larger event coming next year called End of X.

Death of X is about a group of mysterious assassins targeting specific X-Men for death, some big names die and the culprits turn out to be a group of people who were being controlled by an unknown intelligence from the future.

End of X comes out next summer. Carol Danvers teams up with Timegazer (he's the new inhuman who can peer into the future from Civil War II; also Carol "wins" Civil War II and the whole thing is much lower stakes and less edgy than Civil War I) to discover a new threat looming, some kind of horrible "storm" that threatens to collapse the timeline.

The "storm" can only be resolved by removing all the mutants from the universe, which sparks big time chaos about how to resolve the issue.

I don't know the exact plot details (doubt anyone does because this stuff isn't usually ultra-thought out beforehand except for the broad strokes plot), but it ends with all the mutants being shifted over to another timeline of their own free will. The 616 goes on without them, and there will still be X-Men books but they'll all take place within their own separate continuity to ensure maximum MCU synergy within the "main" universe.

They've been looking to do this for a while. Folding the ultimate and 616 universes together was to make room for a potential "X universe" down the line, to avoid too many alternate universes running in parallel. Some specific mutants *might* stick around in the 616, but I don't know which.

I am extremely sceptical with this ''leak''. I'm sure there'll be those that use this to go ''see? see? we told you!'' though LOL.

I won't entirely dismiss this however but I have big doubts that this'll be the case. Even more so about Carol Danvers ''winning'' Civil War II as I believe she'll lose Civil War II what with Tony Stark being their new flagship character nowadays. However, I guess we'll just have to wait and see if they really do get shifted to another timeline/universe or whatever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    When has spoilers that project 6 months to a year in the future, coming out of 4 chan, ever been true? Relax everyone and stop feeding the trolls.

You got people like marvelmaster616 who eats it up so...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I am extremely sceptical with this ''leak''. I'm sure there'll be those that use this to go ''see? see? we told you!'' though LOL.

I won't entirely dismiss this however but I have big doubts that this'll be the case. Even more so about Carol Danvers ''winning'' Civil War II as I believe she'll lose Civil War II what with Tony Stark being their new flagship character nowadays. However, I guess we'll just have to wait and see if they really do get shifted to another timeline/universe or whatever.
    I've said to take it with a grain of salt. Also it ain't my leak, took it from 4.... Stories are planned months in advance but they're always subjected to rewrites so even if the leak is real, it may be changed but we'd able to see a semblance

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I'd be cool with this, X-Men work best in a world where mutants are the only powered individuals. Means X-Events will actually matter and they can do interesting stuff.

BUT too many characters are big money for Marvel so I don't see them removing Wolverine, Deadpool, Storm etc from 616.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    If they were going to do this, Secret Wars was the perfect opportunity.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I don't know, they have tried everything to cement her as THE Marvel Woman. That part seems possible.
    Except for the part that she's up against Tony Stark who Marvel want to be their flagship character in the comics. If the leader of the other side was say Steve Rogers than I'd say it was possible but I don't see Marvel having Tony ''lose'' Civil War II.

I've said to take it with a grain of salt. Also it ain't my leak, took it from 4.... Stories are planned months in advance but they're always subjected to rewrites so even if the leak is real, it may be changed but we'd able to see a semblance
    It's alright somacula I wasn't having a go or anything, I know it wasn't your leak and I know you did say to take it with a grain of salt, I was merely stating that I was sceptical about the leak is all and explaining my reasons for it is all Wait and see what actually happens I guess.

BANNED

When was this first posted on That-Which-Shall-Not-Be-Named? Because it's pretty suspiciously close to April Fool's Day for me.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    ah yes, I too saw this at that "other" website last night...

the same website that said we'd see a team of X-kids led by Quentin hunting inhumans and Pixie would kill an inhuman.

yeah "that" website...

That story sounds a helluva lot more interesting than what we've been given so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The X-Men story is a progressive one, not just in the political sense but also because it is a story with a start and that is supposed to progress towards conclusion or at least some story progression.

You have the tale of a new emergent species of human and their struggle for acceptance.
    The whole "world that fears and hates them" should not the be all and end all of the X-Men story. Things should eventually get better. And that is something that can't happen in a universe that is ruled by the status quo.

And there's of course also the whole mess of why it's just the X-Men that are especially feared and hated and not every other super (who do get feared and hated on occasion, in specific stories, but by and large are much more accepted and seen as heroes).
    where does it say that the X-Men have to a conclusion? wouldn't that defeat the point of serialized storytelling?
    Why does it have to be better? its been 40 years since X-Men debuted, 40 years is not enough time to get people comfortable with a new species, and hell when considering the sliding time scale its only bee like 12 or `115 years...just how accepting do you think the human race is supposed to be?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    where does it say that the X-Men have to a conclusion?
    It's kind of implicit in the concept.
    At the very least it should have real progression instead of the progress, reset, progress, reset... kind of thing American comics do.

wouldn't that defeat the point of serialized storytelling?
    No. Why would it?

Why does it have to be better? its been 40 years since X-Men debuted, 40 years is not enough time to get people comfortable with a new species, and hell when considering the sliding time scale its only bee like 12 or `115 years...just how accepting do you think the human race is supposed to be?
    In 40 years you can tell stories spread over milennia instead of just the 10-15 years Marvel did. Except they can't do that because they shackled te X-Men to their earth-like, 20-21st century universe.

Found this in another website, take it with a grain of salt

Fall is a prelude to a much larger event coming next year called End of X.

Death of X is about a group of mysterious assassins targeting specific X-Men for death, some big names die and the culprits turn out to be a group of people who were being controlled by an unknown intelligence from the future.

End of X comes out next summer. Carol Danvers teams up with Timegazer (he's the new inhuman who can peer into the future from Civil War II; also Carol "wins" Civil War II and the whole thing is much lower stakes and less edgy than Civil War I) to discover a new threat looming, some kind of horrible "storm" that threatens to collapse the timeline.

The "storm" can only be resolved by removing all the mutants from the universe, which sparks big time chaos about how to resolve the issue.

I don't know the exact plot details (doubt anyone does because this stuff isn't usually ultra-thought out beforehand except for the broad strokes plot), but it ends with all the mutants being shifted over to another timeline of their own free will. The 616 goes on without them, and there will still be X-Men books but they'll all take place within their own separate continuity to ensure maximum MCU synergy within the "main" universe.

They've been looking to do this for a while. Folding the ultimate and 616 universes together was to make room for a potential "X universe" down the line, to avoid too many alternate universes running in parallel. Some specific mutants *might* stick around in the 616, but I don't know which.
    Meh. This sounds like "Planet X" all over again. Mutants get their own planet for a few months (but only in one or two titles) and everything goes back to normal afterwards.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    What makes you so sure?
    Magneto and the original X men have been around since 1963. They aren't going anywhere long term. No chance.

Storm and Wolverine are super icon characters..they aren't going anywhere. It will never fly

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

It's kind of implicit in the concept.
    I'd argue that the struggle is implicit in the concept, not a conclusion. In the real world analogs there have not been conclusions on the issue so why would there in a fictional take on it?

At the very least it should have real progression instead of the progress, reset, progress, reset... kind of thing American comics do.

No. Why would it?

In 40 years you can tell stories spread over milennia instead of just the 10-15 years Marvel did. Except they can't do that because they shackled te X-Men to their earth-like, 20-21st century universe.
    I'll be honest, I really don't get the logic behind this line of thinking. Using the analog of civil rights in the real world in the USA alone, this was a struggle that has taken centuries and consumed generations. Then despite of all of the progress made, the USA still suffers from serious and significant inequalities. Thinking that it could be solved in a "15 year span" (sliding timescale) or even significantly abated is not really logical.

Superhero comics in general and Marvel comics in specific are a serialized form of storytelling that abhors the notion of genuine progress. you can only go so far before editorial will slam the brakes and reset back to a generic starting position. This is one of the issues that Claremont himself had with Marvel, he wanted to progress the story but eventually sooner or later editorial will slam the brakes and reset the board. Look at the original formation of X-Factor, How many times has the school been blown up only to be rebuilt and repopulated with children, The extremely hard reset post Morrison, Parker luck, OMD, how many times has Daredevil been 'outed' yet somehow always ends up back practicing law and secretly a vigilante?

The fact is that anyone somehow thinking that there will ever be genuine and lasting progress on on one of the central and founding themes of the comic book seems incongruous with the perniciousness of similar genuine real world struggles or the editorial practices of Marvel comics and the cyclical nature of its storytelling.

Wanting genuine progress is one thing, actually expecting it is kind of naive. That progress... reset you spoke of is the nature of American Superhero comics wanting it to be something else is really just looking for a different medium.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 04-05-2016 at 05:58 PM. Reason: clarity

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Superhero comics in general and Marvel comics in specific are a serialized form of storytelling that abhors the notion of genuine progress. you can only go so far before editorial will slam the brakes and reset back to a generic starting position.
    Sorry, but this is just wrong. Serialized storytelling by its nature is ALL ABOUT progress. Contrast Deep Space Nine and the original Star Trek. DS9 is the most serialized iteration of Star Trek since the franchise was established. From Emissary to What You Leave Behind it had a very clearly defined primary arc, and multiple secondary arcs which saw characters constantly evolving and the status quo changing (Dukat in particularl changed RADICALLY over the course of the series — from antagonist, to noble demon, back to antagonist, to outright maniac). There was VERY little reset to generic starting positions.

Star Trek itself, however, was very episodic, and almost entirely dependent on its individual crisis of the week. There was very little change in the character relationships from episode to episode, and everything pretty much ended up right back where it started in time for the next episode.

Just how heavily serialized a story is may vary (IE TNG was largely episodic, however it also had a definitive primary arc that is evident if you were to focus solely on the Q episodes), but a serialized story BY DEFINITION is developing and progressing towards SOME identifiable end.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 04-05-2016 at 06:43 PM.