Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    On the other hand, Marvel would be running a HUGE risk. Even if the X-Men aren't the dominating powerhouse they used to be, they still represent a BIG chunk of their publishing revenue.
    They would still continue to publish X-comics if this story were true, and the remaining X-junkies would still continue buying.

Hardly a big financial risk to Marvel.

It sounds like a bad joke.

But so did M-Pox.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

BANNED

I hope this isn't true

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    They would still continue to publish X-comics if this story were true, and the remaining X-junkies would still continue buying.

Hardly a big financial risk to Marvel.
    The problem is they've spent all this time denying the CompleX and insisting they're committed to the X-Books. In fact I'm pretty sure they've specifically denied shunting the X-Men off to a separate universe as part of their plans. Which means an event like this would make outright liars out of them in a lot of eyes. They face a LOT of negative press that can be very damaging if this is true.

I'm curious what the date of the article being referenced was, though. We DID just have a "holiday" where fake news is generally the rule of the day...

Avoiding the worst forgotten_utopia's Avatar

yes this sounds something marvel will do...
    I am getting more & more annoyed by marvel these days... they'll lose a Marvel comic/movie fan that's all...buh-bye
    Be the change you want to see in the world.
    Mahatma Ghandi

BANNED

With Ms Marvel front and center. Ah ah

BANNED

On the one hand, I always thought that the mutant prejudice metaphor has been incredibly problematic ever since they were first integrated into the shared universe, and it only really works when there's no other metahumans. They really ought to have been shunted off to their own universe a while ago.
    Everyone discriminating in real life are usually all human afaik with tons of similarities. And I am certain animals do it too. It's part of life. I am certain metahumans would further discriminate among themselves.

ah yes, I too saw this at that "other" website last night...

the same website that said we'd see a team of X-kids led by Quentin hunting inhumans and Pixie would kill an inhuman.

yeah "that" website...

I don't think it's true but I can actually see Marvel doing something like this. Who would have thought Gwenpool would be a thing a few years back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    I don't know the exact plot details (doubt anyone does because this stuff isn't usually ultra-thought out beforehand except for the broad strokes plot), but it ends with all the mutants being shifted over to another timeline of their own free will. The 616 goes on without them, and there will still be X-Men books but they'll all take place within their own separate continuity to ensure maximum MCU synergy within the "main" universe.
    That's what they should have done with the X-Men right from that start. They work much better as a concept when not sharing a universe with legions of non-Mutant supers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Everyone discriminating in real life are usually all human afaik with tons of similarities. And I am certain animals do it too. It's part of life. I am certain metahumans would further discriminate among themselves.
    Real life and narrative are two different things. There's a consistency in behavior expected of people in stories that you would never see in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That's what they should have done with the X-Men right from that start. They work much better as a concept when not sharing a universe with legions of non-Mutant supers.
    well "right from the start" there really was not "legions" of non-muties. it was just the ff, cap, tony stark, wasp, and some other so and so's.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    ah yes, I too saw this at that "other" website last night...

the same website that said we'd see a team of X-kids led by Quentin hunting inhumans and Pixie would kill an inhuman.

yeah "that" website...

Yeah well I honestly thought that would have been a lot cooler than what they have given us so far
    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    why do you think think that would be better tho?
    Real life and narrative are two different things. There's a consistency in behavior expected of people in stories that you would never see in real life.
    but then why ask for real world reactions from your prejudiced peopele?

BANNED

That's not how discrimination works. At this point, despite Ramos and Land on art, I would love to see the whole line cancelled. I will keep my vigil at its death bed.

This would be terrible if Marvel did it, but the story itself could be kind of interesting. Considering how much the X-men have mucked with the timestream, assassins from the future directed by a future intelligence to destroy them could be kind of fun. And at this point probably well deserved. My guess is that Beast, the O5 and certainly Cable would be targets. Not sure about someone like Old Man Logan, who is from a future timeline but one that no longer exists and he got shunted over here after Secret Wars. But maybe. The same kind of applies to Cable, as I don't think his future timeline exists anymore. But he's originally from this one, and has time traveled multiple times, thus endangering the space-time continuum. So I think he'd definitely be a target.

But if the end result is the death of a bunch of X-men and then the rest shunted off to an alternate timeline or dimension, that would be lame AF. I wonder who, besides Deadpool, would stay in the "Marvel Universe Prime" or whatever. Probably Rogue and Cable since they're Avengers. Not sure who else. Traitor-Beast (a.k.a., Bitchassness) perhaps? Since he's rolling with the Uncanny Inhumans these days.