Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Yeah, another thread devoted specially for complex conspiracy thinkers. We really needed a thread for that. There are some fans who do not think that way.
    Really? I thought we got past the whole "theory" phase and gone into "severity"... " like"yeah Marvel is suppressing their exposure but it's not as bad as some say" because even Hollywood reporter types are even talking about it now.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Yeah, another thread devoted specially for complex conspiracy thinkers. We really needed a thread for that. There are some fans who do not think that way.
    And people that believe that there is no such thing as a climate change.

BANNED

It's not a conspiracy. It's one single guy, Ike Perlmutter, who is putting his foot down. And got kicked out of the Marvel movie clubhouse for this by Disney.

If this is indeed a story meant for next year, I'm willing to bet that absolutely nothing is finalized and the finished product will end up very different than any "leaks" that people are aware of. Comic companies are notorious for changing stories due to leaks or fans figuring out a storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's not a conspiracy. It's one single guy, Ike Perlmutter, who is putting his foot down. And got kicked out of the Marvel movie clubhouse for this by Disney.
    But he still is all-powerful on the games, TV, and the comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    But he still is all-powerful on the games, TV, and the comics.
    Sure. But it is not a conspiracy. And I don't think it is possible to remove him from those aspects of Marvel.

I see 4chan is still getting all kinds of people to believe garbage.
    Never change 4chan.

I don't think it's really true. If it was, it would have been much easier to just send the X-MEN to their own universe after Secret Wars. There's also the fact Marvel wouldn't ship characters like Wolverine or Deadpool to another universe, so in a way the comics verse will never totally mirror the movie ones.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don't think it's really true. If it was, it would have been much easier to just send the X-MEN to their own universe after Secret Wars. There's also the fact Marvel wouldn't ship characters like Wolverine or Deadpool to another universe, so in a way the comics verse will never totally mirror the movie ones.
    Wolverine is currently dead and Deadpool isn't a mutant.

Wolverine is currently dead and Deadpool isn't a mutant.
    It's comics, Wolverine won't be dead for long. The Wolverine identity is already back anyway.
    I know Deadpool isn't a mutant, but he's constantly associated with X-characters and his movie rights are owned by FOX.
    Those are two characters I don't see them wanting to remove from the Marvel Universe anytime soon, but are also characters that couldn't be used in Marvel's movies. If the main reason for these changes is to have the Marvel Universe better reflect the Cinematic Universe, then keeping them on the MU would seem odd.

I don't think it's really true. If it was, it would have been much easier to just send the X-MEN to their own universe after Secret Wars.
    Easier, maybe, but certainly not more profitable. If they do it during another big event that's more money for them...
    Last edited by Bl00dwerK; 04-07-2016 at 09:55 AM.

BANNED

It's comics, Wolverine won't be dead for long. The Wolverine identity is already back anyway.
    I know Deadpool isn't a mutant, but he's constantly associated with X-characters and his movie rights are owned by FOX.
    Those are two characters I don't see them wanting to remove from the Marvel Universe anytime soon, but are also characters that couldn't be used in Marvel's movies. If the main reason for these changes is to have the Marvel Universe better reflect the Cinematic Universe, then keeping them on the MU would seem odd.
    It does not matter.

Logan is dead right now and will likely remain so for a year or two longer. And moving all of the Mutants into another dimension does not necessarily affect characters who aren't Mutants like Deadpool, no matter how closely they are tied to te X-Men.

If the main reason for these changes is to have the Marvel Universe better reflect the Cinematic Universe, then moving out all of the Mutants but not Deadpool is still a very large step towards that goal.

If true I am done with Marvel to be honest.

BANNED

If true (which it isn't) I'm buying X-Men comics again (assuming a palatable writer and an artist who isn't Land or Liefeld).

If true (which it isn't) I'm buying X-Men comics again (assuming a palatable writer and an artist who isn't Land or Liefeld).
    God. Wouldn't hold your breath if i were you