Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Action Comics, #957

"PATH TO DOOM" Chapter One
    Superman returns to Metropolis just in time to meet the city of tomorrow's newest protector: Lex Luthor. But it's not long before these dueling titans meet someone unexpected - the new Clark Kent!
    DON'T MISS: ACTION COMICS returns to its original numbering with this issue!

Full article here.

Wow.... this is some of Zircher's best work! And Jurgens has upped his game for some time now. And I love Superman. Getting this is a no-brainer.
    I'm convinced that most people, who hate on a comic, never read said comic.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mr. k0 View Post
    Wow.... this is some of Zircher's best work! And Jurgens has upped his game for some time now. And I love Superman. Getting this is a no-brainer.
    This, I love everything about this. I got over the mourning, now it's time for superdad adventures

Amazing Member

Oh hey look! If I cover Supe's lower half with my hand, I could pretend I'm looking at an actual pre-52 version!

I love all of Jon's questions. lol. Also the art is pretty top notch. Really excited for this one.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Hahaha, Jon's got a point!

Great art, snappy writing. Good stuff!

There's nothing I don't like about Jon. He's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    I love all of Jon's questions. lol. Also the art is pretty top notch. Really excited for this one.

Same. Jon is written real well here, props to Jurgens.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I really like that we immediately get Maggie, Jimmy, and lex in the story. The double shipping will help with the extended cast.

Amazing Member

This looks really really good.

This preview feels like the first actual Superman story in a while.

Fantastic Member

Like Superlex

I'm really excited for this. Considering Lex's new role and Superman moving into a new place with his family, I kind of feel like this should have been the Rebirth issue.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VWDekbIaJE

Seriously....not bad writing wise at least these few pages. And that art....man that art!

A couple interesting developments....

1) Looks as though Maggie is permanently back home in Metropolis and either,

a) the pre-flashpoint memories are starting to creep back in after the events of REBIRTH #1 and Maggie's history as leader of the SCU and Jimmy's encounters with the SCU are now canon again as the "missing 10 years" which likely will mirror the Post-Crisis continuity very slowly fold themselves into the current continuity.

or

b) Maggie and the SCU existed for like all of 5 minutes in the New 52 universe within the unexplored and horribly compressed 5 year gap between JL#1 and Superman #1

Either way, glad to see Maggie returned. Now let's see ol' Turpin! and I want my BIBBO!!!!!!

2) Also, looks like Clark and co have moved to a new farm somewhere close to Metropolis, so the likely hood of a theorized set up like a west coast/California based Superman Blue (current Superman) and an East coast based Superman Red (a revived Nuperman) has just went down a notch. Still possible,but If Current Clark has moved closer to town, well....

Also, once again we are about the lose the Super-beard. Nuperman's was pure win and it was a shame he had to lose his,and now this Clark is losing his. A sad day when Superman can't sport a healthy well groomed growth of facial hair. DC Comics is obviously beardist. It's the 21st century. Superman should be able to keep his facial hair should he want to.

I don't know about you, but lets petition DC to allow the Man of Steel to keep his beard!

#keeptheSuperbeard #DCComicshateskryptonianfacialhair

Last edited by manofsteel1979; 06-06-2016 at 08:28 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Astonishing Member

Sorry for being a killjoy, but this is the first time I found the kid genuinely annoying.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021