Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This version of Superman is the only reason I got involved in Convergence. When I saw the hook for his part in Convergence, I couldn't wait to read it. Then he was involved in the overarching story of Convergence more than I expected. I was glad to hear he was actually getting a spin-off series in Lois and Clark. Even if it was a limited series. Now he's back and I'm eager to see for how long and what he'll do.

That's nothing against the current Superman of the Nu52. I very much enjoy him too. It's just nice to see the version I started reading Superman with defy the odds and come back after a reboot. Even if it's only temporary, I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if Superdad stayed around till at least issue 1000 of Action comics. But yea weather its just a year or two or the long haul, looking forward to reading the upcoming Superman family books!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

I always loved how he beat the ever loving sh*t of Superboy-Prime, but grounded...oh God...

BANNED

One of the best things Post-Crisis introduced to the Superman mythology was Superman being a vegetarian in Birthright. I was really disappointed that it didn't last, and hasn't carried over to other incarnations of the character or other Superman media.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Personally I wouldn't be surprised if Superdad stayed around till at least issue 1000 of Action comics. But yea weather its just a year or two or the long haul, looking forward to reading the upcoming Superman family books!
    I'm pretty sure superdad will stay, only if sales are a complete disaster

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I'm just glad the last word on Post-Crisis Superman won't be GROUNDED and REIGN OF DOOMSDAY. Granted, Chris Roberson wrote some good stuff towards the end of GROUNDED,but at that point it was like putting lipstick on a pig. I'm not particularly happy it's coming at the expense of Nuperman and his fans in the short term,but I don't mind a break from that illeration for a little while until they come up with a solid game plan for him and fix his costume. I've always wanted to see the concept of a Superman with a family executed and used in main continuity and I've never thought I'd see it, so I'm interested in giving it a chance.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I've tried multiple times in the last five years to get into Superman and to be completely honest the N52 Superman just didn't click with me at all mainly because he felt so disassociated from the rest of his 'family' of characters or at least to me he did. I found myself missing that aspect a lot and because of it's lack I simply grew bored of the character. He just felt hollow to me. The the only Superman books I've enjoyed at all in the last five years, minus back issues, have been Convergence Superman and Lois and Clark and the reason for that has everything to do with this Superman having a family alongside him. That alone makes "Superdad" far more appealing to me then "Nuperman" ever has been because it brings back the one thing I've been missing here. I'm really looking forward to trying out most of the Super books.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Yea I look forward to seeing what they do with the family dynamic. Looking forward to some heartfelt moments between Lois & Clark as well as Clark & Jon.

Also can't wait for Super Sons. I feel Jon and Damian will play well off of each other.
    Super-Sons-Robin-and-Superboy-500x248.jpg
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Yea I look forward to seeing what they do with the family dynamic. Looking forward to some heartfelt moments between Lois & Clark as well as Clark & Jon.

Also can't wait for Super Sons. I feel Jon and Damian will play well off of each other.
    Right. It'll also be great to see Clark and Kara being friendly again. I wonder how the relationship will be for him with Kenji and... whoever Superwoman is.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Right. It'll also be great to see Clark and Kara being friendly again. I wonder how the relationship will be for him with Kenji and... whoever Superwoman is.
    I'm sure he'll be friends with Kenji. The relationship with the other Lois will no doubt be more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I'm sure he'll be friends with Kenji. The relationship with the other Lois will no doubt be more complicated.
    Especially since if it is New 52 Lois Lane, she indirectly threatened Lois and Clark's family life.

I'm really looking forward to Super Sons even more then the rest. I think Damian and Jon will play well off each other too. Should be interesting. I'm also looking forward to a more family oriented Clark and how it will affect his relationships with Kara, Kenji and other characters going forward.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by victorsage View Post
    Especially since if it is New 52 Lois Lane, she indirectly threatened Lois and Clark's family life.
    One thing I'm glad of is that new 52 Lois never seemed too romantically interested in Clark. I don't need the jealous Lois story for the hundredth time only this time shes jealous of a 20 something super powered version of herself (Not saying we wont see it just that it might not be the best way to mine the story). It will be interesting to see how they interact with each other in Superwoman without Clark around.

I'm wondering if it will be like sisters, best friends, maybe they find it off putting?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'm really looking forward to Super Sons even more then the rest. I think Damian and Jon will play well off each other too. Should be interesting. I'm also looking forward to a more family oriented Clark and how it will affect his relationships with Kara, Kenji and other characters going forward.
    Yeah this is a book I'm pumped for without even knowing the writer. In the new issue of Lois and Clark you knew the scene was coming and I still got chills.

The best thing about this pair is that they will be able to be friends and compliment each other. Fan writers at DC tend to have Batman steal Superman's agency. It's why things like Young Justice and Geoff Johns Teen Titans work so well. No Batman character that has to always solve everything, his views the right ones, be the only one who can use his brain, be the only one to have the strategy to win, be able to beat gods with a pine cone and a paper clip, and look better than everyone else doing it.

It's funny that the best portrayals of Superman/Batman friendship tend to come from legacy and not the two themselves for the last 10-15 years.

You know what's interesting about Super Son, or it's at least interesting to me anyway? The fact that Damian for a brief period had super powers himself. I wonder if that's going to play into this somehow. Might be nice if it did in some way.

Anyway I'd really like to see Damian making more actual friends outside of Bat related characters. As for Jon he may need someone outside of his father to show him the ropes as it were. We don't really know the extent of his powers or exactly how they work. It could be that he'll need to know about regular fighting without powers.