Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Yeah, Damian really doesn't have any friends his age to hang with. With Jon, we'll have someone that's in his peer group that he can relate with. It'll be like Earth-2 Batman and Superman, in a way.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

So Damian and Jon are gonna fight. That's hilarious. Robin even got some kind of armor going on there.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I think Lois Superwoman is probably going to be friends with these two, and probably will be more incline to work with Superdad as a means of learning more about the future. Kara should be willing to hear him out, maybe look up to him a bit more, and Kenji should be an interesting take and probably he's going to meet Superdad at a later time. I think they may fight at first Vasir12, mostly because Damian probably will think he's some sort of weirdo or something. Jon's upbeat personality will win him over. And yeah Damian doesn't have many friends. I think the girl from Gotham Academy is one, and Maya from his own book right now, but they're about the only two close to his age. It used to be that you had Abuse, Chris Kent, Lian Harper, Iris and Jai West, Helen Jordan (Hal's niece), and Jamie's sister within his age range. Jon is the first that is actually close to his age.

Right. It'll be fun to see them go on adventures.

Hard to predict Kenji since all we have to go on is that he starts out as kind of a jerk.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

More info about the upcoming Rebirth Superman Title from Tomasi.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/...birth-details/
    Last edited by GreenLanternRanger; 04-12-2016 at 02:19 PM.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

So this will be the one focused on his family. That's cool.

I just read all of the available Lois and Clark issues and I am thrilled With Superdad. I love this family and am so looking forward to rebirth!!!!

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Regarding the whole thing with Jon and Damian's past superpowers, I can see Damian wondering exactly Jon will do with them. It's going to take them time to form a really tight knit bond but I'm sure that in the future they will. I kind of want Hal Jordan's niece Helen to come back into the DC and join these two on adventures, or Iris and Jai West. I hope one day we get a new Young Justice out of these two.

Spectacular Member BeefBourguignon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDiana View Post
    I just read all of the available Lois and Clark issues and I am thrilled With Superdad. I love this family and am so looking forward to rebirth!!!!
    Same here!

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I'm just glad the last word on Post-Crisis Superman won't be GROUNDED and REIGN OF DOOMSDAY. Granted, Chris Roberson wrote some good stuff towards the end of GROUNDED,but at that point it was like putting lipstick on a pig. I'm not particularly happy it's coming at the expense of Nuperman and his fans in the short term,but I don't mind a break from that illeration for a little while until they come up with a solid game plan for him and fix his costume. I've always wanted to see the concept of a Superman with a family executed and used in main continuity and I've never thought I'd see it, so I'm interested in giving it a chance.
    As I see it: while Superdad is technically the same guy we saw in Grounded, I suspect he's going to be written as a continuation of the Triangle-Era Superman, with most or all of the stories from after that era being ignored. Which is fine by me; I sadly haven't enjoyed a Superman story in over fifteen years, and certainly won't mind if Rebirth effectively picks up from somewhere in the late 90s as far as Superman himself is concerned.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Makes no difference to me. Whether or not this guy went through Grounded doesn't have a bearing on the writing ability of jurgens or tomasi. It's cool though that the story doesn't make any effort to deny the individual reader's preference for surface details.

I tried getting into Superman when I got back into comics with the new52. Both the Superman and action comics runs just didn't do it for me, and I gave them both a longer leash than I would with normal books (20 issues or so), because of my desire to get into the character. It's hard to pinpoint, but nu52 Suoes just didn't hook me, it was a one trick pony and I dropped both titles.

Even though the other books were a disappointment, I reluctantly gave Lois and Clark a try on a whim. I've really enjoyed it so far. This Superman feels more genuine, and being a father myself, relatable (as much as you can relate to a super powered father). One of the draws for me is the family aspect, so it hits a lot of marks for me personally. I'm excited for Jon to learn from his dad as get comes to terms with his super powers.

My 5 year old son is pumped there is a new superboy, and we plan on reading Supersons, as long as it's somewhat age appropriate, I can add-lib the rest

All that being said, could someone be kind enough to give me a short cliff notes rundown of this Clark Kent? All the pre-crisis, earth whatever, different era, tags on this character make it really confusing as to who I'm dealing with. I'm not a comics newbie by any means, but the only superman books I collected as a kid was the death of Superman, and Reign of Superman in the early 90's. Are we talking about Clark Kent/Superman from that era here, or am I off base? I don't hold a candle to some of the continuity buffs on the forums for sure, and looking it up on wiki or comic vine doesn't clear up much either. I figure asking people who are passionate and normal fans like me would be the easiest way to get a lame-man's answer.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Agent 37; 04-26-2016 at 12:00 PM.

BANNED

yes, superdad is the post crisis superman from comics published 1986-2011

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

D.C. restarted its line twice, in 1985 with crisis and in 2011 with flashpoint. The superman who existed between these years is called superdad, pre flashpoint, or post crisis.

Basically all that needs to be known is that this guy got engaged to Lois at the dawn of the 90s and died shortly after. He came back and married her and went back to his regular program. Then the line restarted. It was a new world with a new superman, until the convergence event. I recommend skipping the event but the two part superman story that it spawned explains everything else.